N-Europe

Superbowl Sunday

Haver

Pats vs. Giants at the University of Phoenix. Coverage on BBC2 from 10.50.

Predictions?

My heart says Giants, even though I like the Pats, because it will make Larry David happy. But I think the Pats by at least two touchdowns.

My friend has £100 on a Giants win at 5/1.

Best day of the year.

I would love to see the Giants win it , as I really dislike the Patriots although you can't discredit their achievements of the last few years even with the limitations of the salary cap and free agency.

I believe the Giants can keep it a lot closer than some experts/bookies believe as they are capable of doing the things that need to be done against the Pats but whether they have enough to pull off the win is certainly questionable.

As long as we get a fair called game (yes Superbowl XL still makes me bitter :shakehead ) then may the best team win. I have seen a couple of games this season where the Pats have had the benefit of a couple of questionable calls and I hope the zebra brigade don't resort to that in a bid to ensure the 19-0 season.

Pizza is ordered , snacks and Jack Daniels is ready so bring it on. Only bad thing about Superbowl Sunday is it signifies the beginning of an overly long off-season.

It's on BBC2 this year isn't it?

(edit - answered in first post, silly me.)

I can't stand the sport, but I've watched the last two super bowls to try and understand it better, and form a better opinion of the game. With BBC covering it removes one of the things I can not stand about the game, commercial breaks.

Let's hope it's a productive night Eevil. We've been waiting for your next sheet of crayola video game characters for like, ages.

Came fourth in the pub quiz, but to be fair there were only 3 of us in the team so we were happy but not in the right sense.

I assume you mean The Project. I added Batman and Dizzy on earlier this week, it's coming along slowly of course.

I don't get sports... What's the fun in watching other people do meaningless excersize? :(

Same here. I wouldn't have a problem with pointless competition, but when it escalates to the point where the players are getting paid more in a week than people who actually contribute something to society get paid in a year or more, it's becomes more than slightly farcical.

I guess people just need something to fill their time with, something that takes very little effort.