Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (100% Spoiler-Free Topic)

Tellyn

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a pre-ordered mine since sometime last year from game play got it for approx £27 with a voucher. I've been sitting on it quite a while like a good chicken, but now I'm not too bothered about smash. If I could cancel my pre-order now I probably would. For me the hype has gone. I just hope there is some extra content for the fact Europe got screwed over but fat chance of that happening.

I'm going to pick it up from GAME for full price, Such is my laziness! :)

Which is a bit odd as I'd rather go out and pay more than click a button and pay less :p I guess i can't face the fact of being without it on launch day! I guess...

besides it's good to get some fresh air and exercise! :D

• 2 weeks later...

How many people have managed to stay largely spoiler free. I have to admit I have simply forgotten about this game what with its massive delays... I stopped caring about the dojo updates early on which has come round nicely as I know very little about this game or the modes, save from some of the characters in the game.

I've managed to stay spoiler free on the story as well (except for the first hour or so which I played at a friends) but don't know any details beyond that, but characters I know and levels I ended up finding out all of them inadvertently eventually as well (but I don't mind too much). Modes I know but it's mainly the story that I don't want to be spoiled, and have suceeded there.

As for the hype, well I've got some of it back from looking stuff up on it (just going to the dojo once or twice when bored). But a game needs to be good without hype anyway, all it does is add to the initial exitement when you get it. If it's truely good then you'll play it for ages and it'll stay in your machine, which I believe this game will. So what if the hype's gone imo, we'll still be left with a really good game, which is what matters to me.

My hype has definitely decreased substantially until recently when I actually pre-ordered the game and keep talking to my friend about it =]

I've looked at the new maps and know of the characters but I decided not to look at how to obtain them just because I'd prefer it to be more of a surprise. I'm wondering if all those who imported the game have lost their willingness to play this game online with everyone now that they've had it for so long.

For those of you that haven't wandered into the other Brawl board (a fair few of you I assume), there are 20 Gamestation stores across the UK having a brawl tournament on the weekend of the 28th. The winner of EACH store gets a 40inch HDTV aswell as a full entertainment center.

Get going people! Visit the gamestation site for info. Oh, and also, if you compete you get some nintendo related gift or something, woop :)

My hype has definitely decreased substantially until recently when I actually pre-ordered the game and keep talking to my friend about it =]

I've looked at the new maps and know of the characters but I decided not to look at how to obtain them just because I'd prefer it to be more of a surprise. I'm wondering if all those who imported the game have lost their willingness to play this game online with everyone now that they've had it for so long.

I'd still play people, since I never really got the chance to do so before. Though I'm not sure how lag will be. D:

But add me please, no one seems to want to add me back. =(

I'd still play people, since I never really got the chance to do so before. Though I'm not sure how lag will be. D:

But add me please, no one seems to want to add me back. =(

Sorry Eenuh, I know you added me but I barely had chance to go on my copy. I'll be sure to add you when I get my PAL copy next week.

Sorry Eenuh, I know you added me but I barely had chance to go on my copy. I'll be sure to add you when I get my PAL copy next week.

It's okay, you're not the only one. Plus it seems most people lost interest fast. I hope my US copy will allow for decent online play though, don't feel like buying another version of the game.

Likewise, I'll add people once I get my PAL version. Can't wait personally. I have this really weird hype building up even though I've already played and completed the game? o_O

I'll have to start again but oh well :D

I'll be adding as many people as possible. Especially Coolness, Domjcg, Tellyn and now Eenuh =]

Unfortunately I go away for 5 days 3 days after the game comes out. My best mate is coming and we know we are going to be desperate to play the game. Its okay because I reckon if we moan enough we can get dropped back home and play brawl instead of going to Yorkshire =]:indeed:

..don't forget to add me :heh: I'll be getting the game next week from GAME (which better come with it's sleeve.. I never did get my Mario Kart Wii hat :sad:)

I'm useless at Smash Bros (Melee and the N64 version..) and I don;t expect to be much good at this either.. add me for an easy win :yay:

..don't forget to add me :heh: I'll be getting the game next week from GAME (which better come with it's sleeve.. I never did get my Mario Kart Wii hat :sad:)

I'm useless at Smash Bros (Melee and the N64 version..) and I don;t expect to be much good at this either.. add me for an easy win :yay:

Hahaha, I pretty much suck at the game as well (especially since I can't use my GC controller on it), so you'd probably have an easy time winning from me. =P

I hope I can get to play some people because this game hasn't gotten much playtime yet from me (no fun when you have no one to play with/against). =O

I imagine I will be playing with the Remote/Nunchuk combination..

Considering this is online, I can see myself playing this quite a lot as I never really had anyone who wanted to play Melee with me.. and that's probably the main reason why I'm terrible at it :heh: