NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
fex

The Money Thread

Ok, so I always have a massive list of things I want to buy, yet, I never have the money to buy them.

Do you spend too much?

How you earn extra cash?

How do you save money?

Do you do anything daily to save?

How much debt you in?

Or if your lucky and a millionaire, how many cars and mansions have you got?

I have my student loan to pay off, and when they sign you up they tell you all is good I interest is minimal, which it is. But I pay ?25 a month pure interest which works out to be around ?300 a year! Thats alot of extra treats I could be buying my self. I would like to get this paid off ASAP, I could register as disabled ;)

Anything to do with money then post it in here, it would be nice to hear your hints, tips and habits.

________

Breasts

Edited by fex

I currently get paid every 26th of each month usually it's around 100/200 for working 4-8hours a week.

So thats always nice at the end of each month, and my parents give me £10 each day for college, considering by the time I've paid for the bus and food, I have next to nothing left.

I'm quite wise with my money, sometimes I'll go out and spend alot and then save for the rest for another day.

I have two bank accounts, this helps considerably, asap I'll be whacking a certain amount each month into the second account so I can't touch it. So if I get into trouble whilst at uni I can ask them to transfer it, but it's a last resort, if I can get money with using that bank account I will.

Not only that but I try to leave 10-20 in my bank each month just in case of emergencys, now Im talking out of food or bus ride home, not omg must buy that top.

Ok, so I always have a massive list of things I want to buy, yet, I never have the money to buy them.

Do you spend too much?

How you earn extra cash?

How do you save money?

How much debt you in?

1, Yes

2, I have a job thats it.

3, No, but trying to.

4, Err.... Not really?

5, Currently around -£480... and my limit is £500 (but i'm getting paied today, so i'll go +£800)

6, My parents are millionaires. Which is helpful and annoying. They own: 3 houses, 8 flats and 2 shops. They live in one and rent out the rest of them. The monthly rent is something like £60K or something. Bastards. Ah well, i get some money from them if i really need it.

I spend money to keep me entertained.

I have spent money I shouldn't have spent, money for Uni. I'm desperately trying to pay that back but new things I want...I need.

I only have debts to pay back to myself. I've gotten rid of most of mine last year which was so good to hear.

I desperately want a job where I know I will be getting £100/200+ at the end of every month.

I only have a bar job which it seems I'm regularly doing Friday nights, Saturdays and sometimes Sundays. I stock up the place aswell. Gets me, if I work quite a bit, £70 ish for the weekend. Now if only I can save that.

I spend about 400-500 punds a month, including rent. A lot of money goes to video games and tv series, and some to manga.

I don't have any money problems at all. I earn 1200 punds a month after tax and I pay 220 to my father a month. I get paid the 5th each month. I buy everything I want and I still earn more than I spend. Right now I have about 3400 punds in my account.

I haven't put any money in accounts with high interest, but I might do it later.

I don't regret a second that I started working instead of going to university.

Saving gets easier the more you do it. Starting it and commiting to it is the hard part. Once you get a substantial chunk of money in the bank, youll find that you want to watch it get bigger and bigger

It's all about restraint if your in a money crisis. If you look at something and go '' i want that!'' remember the bank account, eventually you'll be able to buy it.

Patience =]

Do you spend too much?

How you earn extra cash?

How do you save money?

How much debt you in?

1, yes

2, I have a full time job boo

3, After ive paid off my credit card each month I empty whatever is left -£100 into my savings account I aim to pay £500 each month but its normally £400 because im rubbish

4, no

5, Student loan about 13grand last time I checked, but I ignore that. And £1000 overdraft the overdraft is interest free. I could pay it off it I wanted to but while its interest free I fully intend to make some money on the banks money.

Do you spend too much?

Not really. But i do buy things i dont really need. A lot of clothes etc

How you earn extra cash?

Work. In the forces.

How do you save money?

by not spending it????????

I bought a diesel car to save me money.

How much debt you in?

Got a loan for my car. I dont see it as a debt really though. I pay it every month its not a problem at all. Have no overdraft and havent for over a year

I'm ok for money i guess

My uncle gave me £22,000 for university which i have spent a large chunk of so far. He has given me £21,000 for my 21st bday and he has put £140,000 in an account for me to buy a house/flat with. Only problem is my dad 'controls' all the money to get any of it i have to send off for it, so he basically controls my spending, which sucks. I get about £70 a week to live on which sounds a lot but it really isnt. I mean train fair a week is about twenty, few pints at the weekend, petrol and its all gone!

If your wondering how my uncle can afford to give me so much money its because he worked from the age of 14 to retirement, lived at home all his life in a council house. Wears second hand clothes, grows all his own veg, doesnt drink, doesnt have a car, never married, no kids, doesnt even have a phone line in his house! He is a bit eccentric to say the least :S

I've been unemployed almost 2 weeks now but...

Do you spend too much? Most defintley.... but I haven't got much on my 'to buy' list until mid February now.

How you earn extra cash?Buy something I see that's cheap and then sell it on-line for muchos profit.

How do you save money? Put around £100 in my savings account each month.

Do you do anything daily to save? Nah.

How much debt you in? Zero! One good thing from not goin to Uni.

Do you spend too much?

yes i just spent 574 pounds on a laptop :(

How you earn extra cash?

i work in barratts and get the great student loan

How do you save money?

i save about 50-100 pound a month into a savings account :D

..scrounge off the parents for food money at uni

How much debt you in?

NONE :D

Or if your lucky and a millionaire, how many cars and mansions have you got? meh

im lucky for a student - the parents are paying for tuition so ive only got to pay back the student loan

Do you spend too much?

i can do but i like to think im good at saving. For example around xmas i thought i spent loads but then i checked bank balance and found i had £500+ so i treated myself quite alot

How you earn extra cash?

Photography stuff for bands now and again, but generally my job is my income

How do you save money?

because i usually dont spend alot just on booze, food and petrol and the occassional game and clothes

not really

How much debt are you in

I owe my parents £100 as i got a nice new camera for xmas but had to pay £300 towards it. Also owe £800 on mint card

so £900 in total (will be paying off half of that tomorrow)

if i ever become a millionaire i would buy LOADS of cars.

Do you spend too much?

How you earn extra cash?

How do you save money?

How much debt you in?

1. Sometimes. Or at least im one of those that tells myself I can't afford anything so when I do buy stuff I worry.

2. I work.

3. I don't have fun.

4. Work.

5. Technically um whatever these two years at uni has cost me, £12,000? Dunno.

6. Seven.

I did yesterday tally up my bank accounts and the money I am owed and figured out I am worth just over £8,000 at present which was a nice bonus. Slowly edging towards that £10,000.

Do you spend too much?

-Definitely. I really need to be more conscious about my spending, even though I feel I am already pretty conservative.

How you earn extra cash?

-When in Uni, I work week-ends in a pub and club. About 20 hours or so.

How do you save money?

-I put it aside with the knowledge that I need it.

-No

How much debt you in?

-I owe in total about €15,000 to my mum (for varying and unusual reasons), but she knows she's getting it back.

I'm shit with saving

i was gonna buy a ps3 soon, but i really won't have the money, plus i've gotta invest in a little cooling for my PC, i'm off out for a bit tonight, off to town tomora, no chance.

I need to hope i et this job i applied for at Pizza Hut.

Do you spend too much?

yes i just spent 574 pounds on a laptop :(

How you earn extra cash?

i work in barratts and get the great student loan

How do you save money?

i save about 50-100 pound a month into a savings account :D

..scrounge off the parents for food money at uni

How much debt you in?

NONE :D

Or if your lucky and a millionaire, how many cars and mansions have you got? meh

im lucky for a student - the parents are paying for tuition so ive only got to pay back the student loan

So you have no debt. But you have a student loan?

And you got in to university? Guess they let anyone in these days

Do you spend too much?

All the time =D Ebay and computer related stuff has to be my downfall. Though i have to say i live with parentals and make over and above 850 a month =D

How you earn extra cash?

I don't really *need* extra money, tho one day i will take on a night shift job, when i get my lazy ass into gear and learn to drive =D

How do you save money?

Automagical transfers every month and extra when im feeling a little flush =) Also my parents just recently gave me the money they'd been saving since i was a baby, i add to it too.

I have lots of buckets of coins i add to every day, well you might not think its much but it seriously adds up and you dont think about emptying your 2p's into a jar really. I also add a pound into a piggybank when i lose a pound (lb in weight) so that goes far too.

How much debt you in?

I have two credit cards, both with very little on them, they are only used when i have the actual money in my acc and for above ebay purchases ^_^

I wish =D

So you have no debt. But you have a student loan?

And you got in to university? Guess they let anyone in these days

my mum and dad saved up loads of money before i even went to uni (kinda like a trust fund or something with the abbey national)- which if i count right *thinks* covers both the tuition fees.. and the amount of money that the student loan covers

so i just use it to pay back the student loan.. woo

and i dont have a credit card

so i cant get into debt

I do spend too much, but I dont have any expenses to pay yet.

I also earn quite a lot for my age! (£66.50 per week)

Do you spend too much?

yes. getting a car the thing that really sucked money out of me, but i'll be driving far far less soon.

How you earn extra cash?

I work full time so not really the same. I am thinking about picking up some over time though.

How do you save money?

i don't

I economise. But I also live on my own, which means my basic cost of living is very high, as I am solely responsible for rent, council tax and all the bills, all bills that would be pretty much the same ammount in someone lese was living with me.

How much debt you in?

Student loan : £12,500

Others: More I should have. Much more than I should. But thats's coming down.

pass.

ive been trying to find a way of making money for ages, atm im trying to use E-Gold.

https://www.e-gold.com/newacct/newaccount.asp?cid=5140017

You're not really going to be able to make a decent amount from those type o fthings unless you're one of the first people to sign up for it. I don't know how old you are but I would suggest just getting a job for the time-being.

Do you spend too much?

At the moment I only really spend money when I'm going out. I should be keeping track of my finances and I started off uni by doing that but its not really happening. I keep on buying things without thinking about how much money I have.

How you earn extra cash?

Currently working as a lifeguard 4 hours a week, £5.65, but it costs me about a fiver to get there when I'm at uni because of the ridiculous bus fares. Hoping to get a job as swimming teacher soon - got an interview next week. It will be 10 minute walk from my flat and pays "up to £20 an hour".

How do you save money?

Not for the long-term.

No, but I'm going to start putting a pound a day into a wee tin I have and then open it at the end of the year and buy myself something nice.

How much debt you in?

Student loan for the year: £2400

Or if you're lucky and a millionaire, how many cars and mansions have you got?

My parents have 2 cars and 2 houses. I wouldn't say we're rich though.

Do you spend too much?

How you earn extra cash?

How do you save money?

How much debt you in?

1) yeah, far too much. I tend to live like I did in the summer when I was working full time.

2) Student loan.

3) I try to shift £800 per term into my savings as my 'rents paid my rent this year as a one off gift from selling their shares..

4) Change jar ;)

5) Around 14k after two years of uni.. I'm expecting to hit the 35/40k barrier by the time I qualify though!

6) Haha.

Do you spend too much?

I wouldn't have said so, try not to spend anything really unless I have £50+

How you earn extra cash?

I get EMA.... and I am desperately seeking a job but to no luck :(

How do you save money?

Don't take it out of my bank account I guess =P Always like to have at least £20 in for emergencies.

Skip lunch, though this is not on a daily basis

How much debt you in?

None :)

I'm not a millionaire.

Sign in to follow this