NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
fex

The Money Thread

I hate money. Hate it. I don't like having it in my pocket, and instead I like having DVDs, games and books on my shelves/floor as a sort of emblem of who I am.

But when me and my ex split up the first time last july, I basically had take-aways every night, drank lots of booze every night and squandered lots of dosh on DVDs. I ended up scraping the bottom of my overdraft, and despite working 7 hours 5 days a week for 8 weeks over summer, I still bob in and out of it.

I currently have enough money (including my overdraft...) to have approximately £600 to live on until mid-april, if I detract rent and bills first. My dad sends me £40 a week, which goes on food or booze/tobacco (depending on which way you look at it!). I can afford to survive until april, it's the summer run that will be troublesome. I will have the choice to either go home to brighton, do 7 hours for 5 days a week for 10 weeks and continue paying rent but not staying there... But if I do this I'll be less likely to be able to find a job that just wants me in term time. If I get a job this semester, then I'll likely not be able to go back to brighton... so I'm in a wee spot of bother at the moment deciding what to do.

[/stuff nobody reads]

Sign in to follow this