Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe 2008 Meetup!

Strider

Mundi; if you're willing to stay in a backpacking hostel then you can spend no more than £50 for two nights stay right in teh centre of the hyde park area of london. It's what I've suggested to others, and it's probably what I'll be doing anyway.

Reading the previous couple of pages does make me realise you're all just a bunch of avatars and there's no real way of knowing if any of you are who you say you are... But hyde park is a public location with numerous exits available for a rapid evacuation, should the need arise for me.

Yeah, that's been hitting me a bit, though tbh Hyde Park seems to be one massive exit in itself! I think it's probably time I came clean with the fact I'm a 4.5ft white nerdy guy with glasses and wollen pullovers called Mavis.

Bard, you're ass! Wetherspoons are the cheapest pubs I ever been to, and I'm not arguing with anything that saves me money. Though bringing my own beer does that even better than wetherspoons, but is there likely to be any sort of issues with drinking in hyde park? Especially if people under 18 are with us(sorry again guys, but i dont wanna be carrying the can for nothing)?

Also, Sam Smith Pubs are proper awesome. The Chandos near Leicester Square (I think) is amazing. It was crazy cheap for central london.

Hmm, what sort of pricery does this place do? I think I've heard of Chandos, though never actually been.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's been hitting me a bit, though tbh Hyde Park seems to be one massive exit in itself! I think it's probably time I came clean with the fact I'm a 4.5ft white nerdy guy with glasses and wollen pullovers called Mavis.

Bard, you're ass! Wetherspoons are the cheapest pubs I ever been to, and I'm not arguing with anything that saves me money. Though bringing my own beer does that even better than wetherspoons, but is there likely to be any sort of issues with drinking in hyde park? Especially if people under 18 are with us(sorry again guys, but i dont wanna be carrying the can for nothing)?

Hmm, what sort of pricery does this place do? I think I've heard of Chandos, though never actually been.

Really dude? In Manchester it's pretty expensive, it's not bad inside though, plenty of space for everyone. If it's the best place we got then I'm up for it :). What's the pub/ bar scene like in London?

The Burger King in Euston was expensive. I don't remember prices exactly but they were a lot more than up here in Manchester.

I don't know if it is that expensive, I went into Forbidden Planet when I was last there and it was the same price as here.

Yeah, was there last week, it's 5.90 for a Whopper meal. Pretty expensive. I reckon it'd be better if everyone just brought a little to eat along :)

That sounds pretty good, close to the park. One question is it far from Stansted

airport?

Not too far, you could get a bus from there to central london :)

Might be a case that everything's cheaper in Manc, but my local wetherspoons round here it's like 1.60-1.80 for a John Smith's, and I dont think any pints of beer will come to breaking 2.50 at the most. Having said that, the prices look like they've had a new year shakeup after the sale(during which a beer and a burger was £3.50, score!). As for the pub/bar scene in london, I don't go to central much cos it's generally ball breakingly expensive(or so I hear), or too much so for my tastes anyway. As for Wetherspoons in London, I'm not sure how much more the prices'll be compared to near here.

I have been wondering though, was there never any N-Europe meetups before? I thought they were planned and happened every year?

Might be a case that everything's cheaper in Manc, but my local wetherspoons round here it's like 1.60-1.80 for a John Smith's, and I dont think any pints of beer will come to breaking 2.50 at the most. Having said that, the prices look like they've had a new year shakeup after the sale(during which a beer and a burger was £3.50, score!). As for the pub/bar scene in london, I don't go to central much cos it's generally ball breakingly expensive(or so I hear), or too much so for my tastes anyway. As for Wetherspoons in London, I'm not sure how much more the prices'll be compared to near here.

I have been wondering though, was there never any N-Europe meetups before? I thought they were planned and happened every year?

Well that's pretty good then, around where I live you pay £2.80 for a bottle of buds, quite a lot pints break the £3 mark!

Reading the previous couple of pages does make me realise you're all just a bunch of avatars and there's no real way of knowing if any of you are who you say you are... But hyde park is a public location with numerous exits available for a rapid evacuation, should the need arise for me.

Jay, what are you sayin man? If you aren't some cool looking blue haired guy then I would be severely let down. :( If you don't compare to your caricature avatar then the dates off.

All pubs in london break the 3 quid mark for pints, except wetherspoons. But I think the weatherspoons in central london is more expencive.

Well as long as its not as bad as the £4 a club in Canterbury was expecting people to pay for a WKD Blue then I'm happy!

All pubs in london break the 3 quid mark for pints, except wetherspoons. But I think the weatherspoons in central london is more expencive.

I've been to one called the Montagu Pyke last summer, though tbh I was in a bit of a state and don't remember the prices much, but they were still pretty cheap iirc.

Well as long as its not as bad as the £4 a club in Canterbury was expecting people to pay for a WKD Blue then I'm happy!

I was in a bar in east london. It was 7 quid for a single vodka and coke.

I died.

Also screw pubs, in the park, with drinks, encouraging the younger forum members to drink, laughing at them, eating. Sounds like a good cheap plan.

I was in a bar in east london. It was 7 quid for a single vodka and coke.

I died.

Also screw pubs, in the park, with drinks, encouraging the younger forum members to drink, laughing at them, eating. Sounds like a good cheap plan.

Drinking in a park in London sounds amazing TBH, nice and sunny, chill out have a right fucking laugh. Whens this approx planned for?

Ill meet anyone on the metropolitan line.

Have a look at Travelodges in London. They're normally quite cheap in advance. When I went last year it was £50 a next for Covent Garden (actually more like Holborn) and it was really near the tube lines for attractions and stuff. £50/4 = win.

Oh, and Wetherspoon's beer is cheap for a reason. Near its sell by date mostly. Hence, shit.

Wetherspoons are pretty ass, I say we bring our own beer/ booze of choice, and just chill at Hyde Park for a while. Play a bit o footy, drunkenly try to operate the rowing boats. You know, good stuff.

Precisely my intention :D I might go for a wander around the rest of london if I need some tobacco or junk food, but I'll let others run about the place while I chill and get pissed :D

Might be a case that everything's cheaper in Manc ...

Yeah, it's all cheaper up north :) As for meets... I don't know if there's ever been an official meet, but a lot of forumites have met other guys. Uber l33ts were about 7 people and they met up...

Jay, what are you sayin man? If you aren't some cool looking blue haired guy then I would be severely let down. :( If you don't compare to your caricature avatar then the dates off.

lollers :P I was some cool blue-haired guy. Long blue hair just doesn't work.

Plus I don't think you look like your avatar.

is it wrong that this is a good plan? ;)

Have a look at Travelodges in London. They're normally quite cheap in advance. When I went last year it was £50 a next for Covent Garden (actually more like Holborn) and it was really near the tube lines for attractions and stuff. £50/4 = win.

Oh, and Wetherspoon's beer is cheap for a reason. Near its sell by date mostly. Hence, shit.

Nice idea. I did a google search, and listed here are travelodges close to hyde park area.. but I had a look at the two closest to hyde park (a and b) and they don't seem to want to charge me much less than £100 for the two-night stay... The back-packer hostels seem to be cheaper and closer.

Thats pretty cheap. Take heed non londoners!

I think pub going should be vetoed due to the fact it excludes everyone under 18 on n-e.

Thats pretty cheap. Take heed non londoners!

I think pub going should be vetoed due to the fact it excludes everyone under 18 on n-e.

If it's midday, the pubs don't care. I went to the Chandos last year when I was 16, didn't even ask for ID (admittedly, this was an SA meet, and there was about 30 of us.)

If it ain't statutory, it ain't satisfactory

(just being the sick fuck here)

But yeah, everyone should come anyway

Chandos was like £2.50 for a pint IIRC.

Also, @Mundi, it's a 45minute train journey to Liverpool Street from Stansted (I live in stansted :D)

I concur with the Chandos, too, wasn't a bad pub

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!