Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Summer Heights High - Episode 1 and 2

AMAZING. I cried laughing countless times, I love this to bits.

I've been snooping around your bloody bag, what do I find in your bag? A bloody Chinaman's hat! You've been having an affair with a Chinese man. I'm gonna bloody divorce you.

Mr.G/10.

I :heart: that show. Is there gonna be a series two? I hope so!

And Desperate Housewives is totally awesome! I'm hooked on it. I wanna watch all the episodes again.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I :heart: that show. Is there gonna be a series two? I hope so!

And Desperate Housewives is totally awesome! I'm hooked on it. I wanna watch all the episodes again.

I'm praying there is one, but with no news of one...I doubt it. :(

Yeeeeees! Love it to bits, have since the first show. Gabby makes my life worth living. :p Her one liners have me in fits, constantly. If you like Housewives, tell me you've given Gossip Girl a go?

Pushing Daisies

I just watched the last two episodes of Pushing Daisies. Very good episodes. It's a shame that the rest of the season (and possibly things that would have carried on for longer) was partly summed up in the last few minutes (although I liked the zoom around the place). Plus no mention of Chuck and Ned's dads (then again, there's only so much you can fit in a quick re-write of the end).

It's a shame - both seasons the series never got a chance to fully build up and show a series finale. Still, the show is (was) amazing.

I'm praying there is one, but with no news of one...I doubt it. :(

There won't be.

It's not the kinda show for syndication or whatever the term is.

Chris Lilley had one show before it, which I mean to watch, which also starred J'Nai or however you spell her name.

So I wouldn't be surprised if his next show stars a character from SHH.

There won't be.

It's not the kinda show for syndication or whatever the term is.

Chris Lilley had one show before it, which I mean to watch, which also starred J'Nai or however you spell her name.

So I wouldn't be surprised if his next show stars a character from SHH.

There's no 'type' a show has to be to reach syndication. It's unlikely with only one season though, not a lot of scope for re-runs.

There's no 'type' a show has to be to reach syndication. It's unlikely with only one season though, not a lot of scope for re-runs.

I didn't mean syndication, lol. I meant like..picked up for another series. It was just associated word vomit. :p

----

Dollhouse - Briar Rose

Alright. Ooh surprises. One being how fucking easy it was to get into the Dollhouse. Hmm.

I've decided Tahmoh is really annoying in this. He fits in BSG, but I can't stand his constipated swagger/stagger anymore, and his uncomfortably purses lips and manner of speech.

Worse is the actress who plays November. She's just...shit. Until we see her do different assignments, I won't let her off. She brings down every scene she's in. Sierra (the actress) is fast becoming my favourite. She seems most different in each engagement.

I didn't mean syndication, lol. I meant like..picked up for another series. It was just associated word vomit. :p

----

Dollhouse - Briar Rose

Alright. Ooh surprises. One being how fucking easy it was to get into the Dollhouse. Hmm.

I've decided Tahmoh is really annoying in this. He fits in BSG, but I can't stand his constipated swagger/stagger anymore, and his uncomfortably purses lips and manner of speech.

Worse is the actress who plays November. She's just...shit. Until we see her do different assignments, I won't let her off. She brings down every scene she's in. Sierra (the actress) is fast becoming my favourite. She seems most different in each engagement.

How fucking good was Victor playing Dominic? text book stuff. He's been really fun this season...shame about his face!

How fucking good was Victor playing Dominic? text book stuff. He's been really fun this season...shame about his face!

Yeah

He was great. So far Victor and Sierra have done the best. Echo is good, but isn't playing different enough roles to really tell. Boyd is annoying me in his melodramatic tone, but Adele, Topher et all are enjoyable.

The Wire

Been watching through it from the start for the last few weeks. Did the entirety of S5 this weekend. Absolutely brilliant show.

I loved how they didn't end it with a "good guys winning" or "bad guys winning" or anything. Felt very real that way. Like, Chris is in prison, but Marlow is out. But not a gangster anymore, but still a gangster somehow. And Dukie ends shooting heroin, whereas Nahmin is doing well. And Michael as a stickup boy. (never understood how Nahmin got to be adopted by the Major, but Randy couldn't be adopted by Carver). Glad Bubbles finally got upstairs! Also, lol @ Vaichek becoming Commissioner after all that. What happened to it not being acceptable that they appoint a white Commissioner? (Another thing: they never made anything of Rawls being seen at the gaybar. I was sure that would come back to be used against him eventually)

Just such a good show though. They deal with everything so well; race, sexuality, politics, crime. Cool how each season had a sort of area of examination: the streets, the port, the political offices, the schools, the media. Loved it!

10.5/10

Dollhouse - Briar Rose

DAMN STRAIGHT. I just watched e10 and 11 and... my god, the guy was acting so, so, sooo badly throughout. I think his side of Dollhouse is by far the weakest element. Far too contrived and flukey too often.

And we all love sierra because as a geek... she was damn hot.

How I Met Your Mother - Right Place, Right Time

Seriously? They chose to end it like that? It's kind of a middle finger to the fans of the show as it was building up to the confrontation at the end and it turned out to be

Stella

:nono: Seriously, I hope that she isn't the mother (Although they said she wasn't as you saw the kids if Ted had got with her and they didn't match up) so hopefully she'll merely guide Ted to the woman. I thought they'd play it cool because of the yellow umbrella and hint back to the St. Patrick's Day episode and have someone from there come up to Ted and mention the umbrella but no. That would've been better than what we got.

The rest of the episode was good though. Barney's big 200 sexual mountains climbed (or 400 if you want to go the sexual innuendo route :heh:) was class and it was brilliant how he ruined it on the wrong woman. The Marshall thing was also great. A nice throw back with the intervention bit. Should have had Lily there on the speaker phone to really bring it home.

About time I caught up with this thread;

How I Met Your Mother - Right Place, Right Time

Yeah, its blatantly not her. But she knows the mother, presumably the owner of the yellow umbrella. We've been told she isn't the mother, just as we've been told Robin isn't. Rest of it was fun, everyone loves graphs!

Dollhouse - Briar Rose

I think more is to come from Paul. Yes at present he's scowly but its early days yet (hopefully...). Alan Tudyk was great as normal. Can't wait til next week's finale.

Chuck versus the Ring

I really enjoyed it and have faith that they know what they're doing with the ending. Lets hope it gets renewed.

Heroes - whatever the finale was called

Another installment in "people make stupid decisions". The only way I shall watch the next season if its the last (and thus obviously I won't be watching it when it airs but rather as a chunk).

Gossip Girl - last few episodes

Still harmless fun, but in an entertaining way. Always good to see Chuck and Blair scheme. I'm hoping they're planning to do more with Jenny than have her be her father's cheerleader though.

Next week its the 80's. Should be interesting...

Oh and of course; the Jesus loving group wearing shirts that said "OMJC". Truly epic.

Pushing Daisies - Kerplunk!

This hurt. It was like enjoying being stabbed for 44 minutes until you eventually bleed out. A wonderful episode and about time the Charles sisters got their own episode really but such a shame to see it end. Yes the last few minutes were rushed but at least they came back to sort that out, otherwise it would have just finished on the porch. Plus the flight around Papen county was fun to see, and I like how they hinted Oscar is still in the sewers trying to figure out what is up with Chuck.

Its a shame that resolutions for Chuck and Ned's fathers were planned for the back 9 that we'll never see.

Edited by Ashley

Gossip Girl - The Wrath Of Con

Blair: I don't think Jesus would approve of that...

Georgina: Well then, tell Jesus the bitch is back. *Cue overly dramatic music*

OMFG

The best episode of Gossip Girl since it began. Michelle Trachtenberg is amazing as Georgina (the uberbitch that found Jesus and then lost him again) and her role in the storyline is hilarious. Everytime she's on screen, I couldn't help but smile. Blair and Chucks storyline came to a conclusion (Until next season I'm guessing) and I cannot wait to see what Georgina does next.

The 80's flashback/spinoff episode with No Doubt next week should hopefully be worth waiting for.

Fucking Amazing/10

Edited by Slaggis

What happens in Gossip Girl? I've never watched it, but from the reviews here, it sounds like nothing actually happens. Are there stoylines?

Kinda like The OC but better (although, I am bias as I hated The OC but NYC is blatantly nicer to look at than The OC). But the usual scandel, relationship dramas and bitching of high school/teen years. A lot of crazy dramas happen. Its great escapist television.

Oh and Kristin Bell provides weekly snark narration that is like sex in the ears.

As I was watching the new episode Georgina reminded me a bit of Rhonda from Big Love (religious-devoted girl with a nice exterior but the devil deep down inside), although as much as I like Trachtenberg I feel that Deveigh Chase does a better job (but then, the character is more fleshed out).

Yeh, the best way to describe Gossip Girl is basically that it is the OC just on the east coast and in a city. I wouldn't say it's as good purely because the characters aren't as relateable to in it compared to the OC. Still, it makes for some interesting story lines.

Watched the latest one and it's good that Georgina has gone back to being a bitch yet I think the writers were perhaps too quick to throw off her reformed shackles as it did provide some genuinely funny and intense moments. The too-ing and fro-ing of Rufus and Lily just reminds me of Julie and Jimmy Cooper from the OC; there's always something keeping them apart and there's always something that pulls them together. It's interesting, but was played to death in there and I think perhaps they should take it a different way and it just feels like a similar retread of the whole illegitimate love child plot.

Scarred

Ok, I must be a really screwed up person. I was watching this last night and it's kind of cool seeing these people nailing themselves. That's not really where I'd say I'm screwed up. Anyway, this guy comes on and tries to do a grind down a stair ballistrade on a skateboard, hits the slope, lands it and hits the flattening of the ballistrade and the boards kicks out from underneath him and he nails his arm. Breaks it at the elbow and it's just sort of dangling and twisting round in the skin. I couldn't stop laughing. Don't ask me why. Was gnarly seeing it but I just couldn't stop laughing. So yeh, I'm really screwed up. :santa:

What happens in Gossip Girl? I've never watched it, but from the reviews here, it sounds like nothing actually happens. Are there stoylines?

So many. The comparisons to the O.C annoy me, purely because it's so much better. It does deal with some seriousish issues in a few episodes, but tbh it's purely escapist television at it's finest.

Edited by Slaggis

Kinda like The OC but better (although, I am bias as I hated The OC but NYC is blatantly nicer to look at than The OC). But the usual scandel, relationship dramas and bitching of high school/teen years. A lot of crazy dramas happen. Its great escapist television.

Oh and Kristin Bell provides weekly snark narration that is like sex in the ears.

As I was watching the new episode Georgina reminded me a bit of Rhonda from Big Love (religious-devoted girl with a nice exterior but the devil deep down inside), although as much as I like Trachtenberg I feel that Deveigh Chase does a better job (but then, the character is more fleshed out).

I'm sorry but it pales in comparison to The OC. GG doesn't seem to have had any good story lines this season. The whole Blair/Chuck thing has gone way past it's sell by date, Blair/Nate suddenly back together (WTF) and Dan and Serena breaking up and getting back together about a million times. Jenny being a rebel for like an episode then running back to dad and what has Dan done all season? other than shacking up with the teacher. Vanessa just seems to be there to try out different thrift store looks. I'd rather look at SoCal over NYC anyday :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!