N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Free Agents

Wowza, loved it kind of. It was pretty funny, loved the characters, officey feel, awkwardness/etc. It was cool. Plus Garth Marenghi had show stealing lines. Massive potential. I'd recommend it on 4OD if you didn't see it. :)

8/10

Dollhouse

Hmmm. It was good/okay. Really needs to develop further. Of course having a constant boner for 40 minutes is a plus though.

6.5/10

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dollhouse - Episode One

Joss Whedon is back!! I really liked this pilot and I think the premise of the show has real potential (if Fox gives the show a chance). I think it needs more of the witty Whedon dialogue so we'll see if that comes, but the show seems to have had some really thought put behind it. I am definately looking forward to this.

Scrubs Season 8 - Episodes 9 and 10

I adore this series, definitely back on form. I was missing the JD and Turk interaction so episode 10 was great. I also like how they seem to be focusing on how each character has changed through the series and also hinting back at previous episodes

Janitor - Was I even in the Fugitive?

Q.I.

I've never really properly focused on this show before. I thought it was very good entertaning and informative quiz.

Not going out

Predictable and cheesy but Lee Mack's cheekiness got me through it and there are a suprising number of good jokes. Good to unwind to on a Friday evening.

Free Agents Episode 1

I was looking forward to this as it looked quite funny from the adverts but I was overall disappointed. There was some fairly funny stuff going on but too infrequent. I did like the Magpie bit but that is about it. I wasn't feeling it from the characters. I usually love these types of show but the awkwardness felt forced and not realistic! :p It just didn't work for me.

Dollhouse Episode 1

Good. :D A solid start and I'm interested to see where this is going I just hope it gets a chance to breath. I was impressed with this weeks story and it seemed like there will be a overhanging storyline about the dollhouse and the ethics behind it and then each week have eliza go on crazy missions or whatever. :heh: I think Joss Whendon mentioned it gets good around episode 6 or something anyway!

The Simpsons-take my life please

IN HD! :grin:

My love for The Simpsons knows no bounds, seriously!

I enjoyed the new revamped opening. :)

The plot was solid and focused unlike last episodes mess of a story which creeped me out. It felt back on form with a quality Season 19 episode. (weird comparison) It had some good jokes and only one that felt bad to me. It wasn't anything spectacular but worth watching.

Twin Peaks Pilot Episode

Watched this with my mother, who loved that fact because she used to watch it while she was pregnant with me.

I love the music in it. Like lovely psuedo-atmospheric.

The pilot set the scene for the series really well. Introduced loads of characters, but in a really good way - I didn't feel daunted by the bombardment of characters like I sometimes feel at the start of a series.

I loved the random humour aswell. Like a deer's head randomly being placed in the middle of a table. And the secretary Lucy. My fave Cyndi Lauper wannabe.

Quite dark and sinister aswell.

9/10

Dollhouse

Hmm. I expected brilliance, but only got flashes of it. One thing that worries me is that I loved the character she portrayed for the episode, but then we'll never see "her" again because it was just a persona. Still, I liked it.

Desperate Housewives - (Ep 12/13/14 of the latest season)

FINALLY I CAUGHT UP. I LOVE THIS SHOW TO DEATH! *calms*

I swear Gabby is the best character in a show, ever. Her one liners, her obese children, her entire character...everything about her is brilliant.

MAJOR SPOILER (I think). Apparently this person dies by the end of the season.

Edie.....and the killer is obviously you know who.

How Vietnam Was Lost

A pretty acute perspective. Interesting though. It is amazing to realise that the repercussions are still so central to America, and the world, today

Coincidentally I have to give my talk on the Vietnam War tomorrow. I can't wait until it's over but it should go well.

Dollhouse

Hmm. I expected brilliance, but only got flashes of it. One thing that worries me is that I loved the character she portrayed for the episode, but then we'll never see "her" again because it was just a persona. Still, I liked it.

I can see Echo swapping randomly between old personalities towards the end of the series. Or something like that.

Desperate Housewives - (Ep 12/13/14 of the latest season)

FINALLY I CAUGHT UP. I LOVE THIS SHOW TO DEATH! *calms*

I swear Gabby is the best character in a show, ever. Her one liners, her obese children, her entire character...everything about her is brilliant.

MAJOR SPOILER (I think). Apparently this person dies by the end of the season.

Edie.....and the killer is obviously you know who.

Are you talking about Season 5? The 5 year jump one? I bought the last episode (I missed) the other day, and overall, I'm just not that enamoured with the series anymore. I'll watch it, as it's sometimes funny...but I don't get your ove of Gabrielle...yeah she's now the only one that has genuinely funny scenes, but even then, she doesn't save the show from slowly sinking into mediocrity.

Lynette + co. have always been my favourite storylines, and her my favourite "housewife".

-----

Battlestar Galactica Season 1 Episodes 1-5

So awesome! Love this series so much, and am glad I took the recommendations. I also love how uncliched it is so far, and how it's genuinely interesting and intelligent.

Very unrelenting in it's pace (though I assume it must slow down at some point, the whole human race can't just keep dying..:heh: ).

I love *unnamed character played by Tricia Helfer* so far. A unique twist on a fairy godmother.

!/10

It's amazing how many people I know in real life who are talking about BSG and The Wire. Ruddy good.

House s5e15, or something

Yes, I know, it's a same-ol', same-ol' kinda show but it's perfectly tolerable. This is the first time I have ever watched an episode of House "on time", and I think it's a great Weekly Watch. This week teh patient themselves was actually interesting (for a change), so, uh, yeah. Notasgoodasseasons3and4/10

Chuck e14, but what happened to 13?

The whole Ross-Rachel/JD-Eliot/gay-lesbian thing with Chuck and Sarah is getting really drainsomefull, so here's hoping this episode kicked the shit out of THAT. Forwardslashoutoften.

You guys got me, I am on the BSG bandwagon. Halfway through season 2 and the episodes just get better and better. I have small children and a full time job and I managed to squeeze in three episodes yesterday.

It's probably time to head to Amazon and buy boxset 3. We'll need it by the weekend. :)

The Pegasus arrived recently; the bitchy Admiral and Adama just gave orders to kill each other. Aaaargh!

ooooooooohh best episodes ever! (technically not true but I won't spoil anything)

Aye, they definitely chose the right episode to put the extended version of on the DVD. Also, the US have an extended version of a season 3 episode on their box sets.

That one with the boxing. It focuses a lot more on other characters, rather than mainly on Starbuck/Apollo. I like it more than the standard version.

Battlestar Galactica Season 1

I'm still rocking back and forth, whimpering "Mother...." to myself, hands half-clasped, half-really loose, over my mouth.

But then I remember I need to clap at so many things about it.

So good. I need money for the next season in my hand now. I can't believe I have to wait until March 1st to get it. Curses!

10/10

Battlestar Galactica Season 1

So good. I need money for the next season in my hand now. I can't believe I have to wait until March 1st to get it. Curses!

10/10

I can't believe it's almost over. :(:shakehead:weep::nono:

My one regret about watching BSG is that one day I would have to get to the end.

Why couldn't it just over stay it's welcome and become crap, like a normal TV series...