Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

How I Met Your Mother - The Possimpible

Great episode. The video resume for Barney was classic as was it to hear Marshall is a closet case dancer. :heh: At least this episode set up the possibility of the relationship between Robin and Barney, if you could say there was one (is one now though), turning into something.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gossip Girl - Carnel Knowledge (Latest ep)

The season keeps getting better and better, I'm loving it. Though, the new teacher character is rather annoying. Blair is an absolute legend.

Also, the sexy ending? So good.

---

Now I have to wait a month for my next fix. This is torture.

The season keeps getting better and better, I'm loving it. Though, the new teacher character is rather annoying. Blair is an absolute legend.

---

This will probably be the last episode I watch for a while. The show no longer holds any appeal to me, the constant use of scandal and shock is starting to wear a little thin for me. Seems like all the leads have already dated each other and Serena and Dan have split up more times than Dawson and Joey in not even two complete seasons. I appreciate why others like it, it just doesn't do anything for me.

This will probably be the last episode I watch for a while. The show no longer holds any appeal to me, the constant use of scandal and shock is starting to wear a little thin for me. Seems like all the leads have already dated each other and Serena and Dan have split up more times than Dawson and Joey in not even two complete seasons. I appreciate why others like it, it just doesn't do anything for me.

See, we're the total opposite then. The reason I love the show is for the constant ridiculous scandals every episode, but also the fact it actually allows a story line to run through, rather than doing what the O.C seemed to do and have a completely new thing every couple of episodes. (Not that I'm shitting on the O.C, I loved it).

Plus, it has Blair. I've not loved a character this much since Gabby in Housewives. (Does ANYONE know when that's back on 4?)

Hard to talk about this season without mentioning the self-destroying nature of the american TV network's system for deciding what stays and what goes. Carnivale was cancelled mid-season, and the last 6 episodes of that season are so clearly rushed that it almost ruins them. Jericho was initially cancelled after the first season, but brought back allegedly due to a fan uprising, but it was quickly limited massively in budget and filming allowances.

This season initially wanted to portray three towns/cities in america and the different strains they could bring to the mesh of post-apocalyptica, instead they were forced down to a seven episode season which forced the pacing to convult, destroyed the feeling of community that was so crucial in teh first season and wrecked any hope of returning for a third season. Perhaps the producers themselves had their ambitions too high, for the show never really flows or connects with the audience after the season 1 finale.

The last episode, in particular, suddenly rushes the whole series into a whole different direction, sparking the keyword of this season of 'revolution' ('hope' being the first season's word) quickly then, ultimately, unable to follow through. I think the show would have benefited from concentrating primarily on jericho's turmoil with the army occupation, perhaps the entire 7-episode mini-season could've been spent focusing on trying to convince the army guy (Berk? Beek? I've forgotten already) to see the 'truth'.

Bleh. Poor review for a poor second season. Bored of talking about it now.

I'd advise people to just stick with the first season and pretend this one never happened. The restraints placed upon the producers damaged what could've been brilliant. One of the show's creators recently announced a movie in the works, so maybe there's still chance for reconciliation.

Gossip Girl is awesome. I know the scandals are ridiculous, but it somehow seems possible that it might actually happen in such an American high-society circle. Every character has grown and been through so much, you feel as if you know them quite well, and thats a real achievement because there's alot of lead characters. Serena, Blair, Chuck, Dan, his dad, Jenny, Nate, Lily, Eric, Vanessa are all main characters and i cant recall a show where i've had so much interest in so many characters.

Anyway, i digress, i came here to post about Dexter S3! I've only watched the first two episodes and, while quite slow (i'm used to slow starts in this now) it still kept me watching. There doesn't seem to be much prospect for as big a running-plot as the last two seasons, but who knows, i hope they come up with something. FOr the mean time i'm just loving how he handles things.

After reading so much about it on this forum I asked for BSG Season 1 for Christmas. We started on it last week and have now watched The Mini Series and have three episode left of season 1. It grows on me more and more.

Some highlights:

i) Gaius having sex in his lab and Starbuck walking in on him.

ii) "No more Mr Nice Gaius!"

iii) Cmdr Odama telling Starbuck to walk out of the office while she still could after learning she was partly responsible for his son's death.

---

Just watched and agreed, the end of that episode was fucking intense. Does it Offend You, Yeah kicking in with at the end = utter win. I love that program :D

But why a month?? Tell me they're not taking a break...?

Skins s03e03

I liked! Partly because it didn't center on that Cook tosser. I was loling at McKenzie's henchmen - 'erm, boss, actually, us lads aren't too keen on the whole raping thing' and Thomas 'possibly ur father is a homosexual donkey'

Pandora annoys me though. I mean I know that's the point but still...

7 / 10

Oh and finished OC Season 2

Liked, generally it was a pretty good season, not sure why people say the first was so much better. The last episode wasn't nearly as good as that of season one but there we go.

8 / 10 addictive stuff

Just watched and agreed, the end of that episode was fucking intense. Does it Offend You, Yeah kicking in with at the end = utter win. I love that program :D

But why a month?? Tell me they're not taking a break...?

Skins s03e03

I liked! Partly because it didn't center on that Cook tosser. I was loling at McKenzie's henchmen - 'erm, boss, actually, us lads aren't too keen on the whole raping thing' and Thomas 'possibly ur father is a homosexual donkey'

Pandora annoys me though. I mean I know that's the point but still...

7 / 10

Thank you! I've been trying to figure out what that song was that kicked in! Erm, I think they have to catch up on filiming it, so they're taking a months break from showing it. :(

--

Agreed on the Skins thing. I'm liking it so much more than Series 2. I hope the guy that got deported comes back, I loved him. Also, there was a severe lack of Freddie, something I dissaprove of. :p

Yeah that was episode 17, and they're only just filming 20.

Haggis; http://www.gossipgirlinsider.com/music/ usually has episode music up quickly.

30 Rock - Generalissimo

Mmm Selma Hayek.

And also John Hamm (?) from Mad Men begins his state. Only Liz Lemon could accidentally ruffie a date.

I'm pretty sure i have 18, and the first season was only 18 episodes long wasn't it? Didn't realise there was more, cool :)

I'm only on episode 11 at the moment. Was good. Poor Jenny, i really want her to do well and Rufus has been well harsh.

Smallville - Requiem

Keeps getting better.

I thought the it with Lex was a bit far fetched but ti was done in a tasteful way. This episode also signifies the end of Clark and Lana. Although it was a bout the millionth time they've split up, I thought it was done in an awesome way. Kinda like Rome and Juliet, forbidden love esque.

Smallville - Requiem

Keeps getting better.

I thought the it with Lex was a bit far fetched but ti was done in a tasteful way. This episode also signifies the end of Clark and Lana. Although it was a bout the millionth time they've split up, I thought it was done in an awesome way. Kinda like Rome and Juliet, forbidden love esque.

I actually thought they were split up in a terrible way, it should always have been their own choice. Now when he gets with Lois it'll be because he couldnt get with Lana

I actually thought they were split up in a terrible way, it should always have been their own choice. Now when he gets with Lois it'll be because he couldnt get with Lana

Thing is, we don't know if they'll ever show that on Smallville. yes they've hinted at it this season but i'd be suprised if it actually happened. At least the way it ended, it gives closure to all the Clana fans. It would have been a bit stupid to have built up all this history over the past 7 years, only for them to say, "nah wouldn't have worked".

Thing is, we don't know if they'll ever show that on Smallville. yes they've hinted at it this season but i'd be suprised if it actually happened. At least the way it ended, it gives closure to all the Clana fans. It would have been a bit stupid to have built up all this history over the past 7 years, only for them to say, "nah wouldn't have worked".

Well they nearly did it at the end of season 7 with that video, personally I thought that worked better as it was used to push him more towards Superman. Yeah I know they may not get together on Smallville but we all know they are destined to and now in this universe shes kind of second place.

Plus I doubt there are many Clana fans left these days, Lana has been a mess of a character ever since series 4 and the show has been better off without her.

Well they nearly did it at the end of season 7 with that video, personally I thought that worked better as it was used to push him more towards Superman. Yeah I know they may not get together on Smallville but we all know they are destined to and now in this universe shes kind of second place.

Plus I doubt there are many Clana fans left these days, Lana has been a mess of a character ever since series 4 and the show has been better off without her.

Agreed. I also hated the way lois was completely forgotten about when Lana came back. Was she even in one episode that Lana was? Now she's gone we'll hopefully get more Lois and mythology.

How I Met Your Mother - The Possimpible

Hilarious. Barney's Video is pure gold and almost had me on the floor! :D

Paris Hilton's My British BFF

Awesomely bad but really funny! :) not as good as the American version though that had much weirder behaviour like putting people toothbrushes in the toilet! :S

I think it was, depsite the farfetchery, rather epic -- the way the dealt with Lana, that is. Lex being dead? Seemed pretty final with the ring and all, but surely not.

Indeed, they really need to bring Lois back - I mean ffs! Her and jimmy have been totally overlooked since the season break (Doomsday's absence is utterly forgivable, I just wonder how many episodes before the end will he be in) with little explanation!

Blah blah blah. The usual someone dies at the beginning followed by let's play dress up, oh no we missed teh real culprit, why didn't you tell me about your lies sam, one of our/both of our lives are in danger, I'm not your father but I still care Sam, then yay we saved the day again, and, my personal favourite; Oh yeah lucifer's totally on his way outta hell so let's forget all about it.

Woah! Fake double post!

One word; Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwtf! Nina?! Srsly? Liek, that's awesome in a plot-twisting, finalé-fueling kinda way buut... surely that just doesn't fit with the rest of the season up to this point? Why take her out to be shot? Why would she cover for jack? Has anyone re-watched the first season knowing that she was a trecherous whore and worked out whether it fits or not? Hmm..

Well I have the final episode left, but I doubt it'll change anything. Just... naaaah! WTF?!

Wow. Some great stuff going on. The whole Chuck thing is brilliant, and poor Blair pooring her heart out to him in his time of need. Loads has happened since and i love it. The Lily and Rufus thing is a great twist, but i dont see why Serena is making such a big deal out of it. I wouldn't mind personally, and it looks like Dan will be okay. They're so gonna break up though because they're idiots. They shouldn't have broken up in the first place, they could easilly have worked it out. Annoys me so much!

I only have one episode left :(

Will there be a new one every week now until the end?

Woah! Fake double post!

One word; Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwtf! Nina?! Srsly? Liek, that's awesome in a plot-twisting, finalé-fueling kinda way buut... surely that just doesn't fit with the rest of the season up to this point? Why take her out to be shot? Why would she cover for jack? Has anyone re-watched the first season knowing that she was a trecherous whore and worked out whether it fits or not? Hmm..

Well I have the final episode left, but I doubt it'll change anything. Just... naaaah! WTF?!

I don't remember much, but I know she didn't have any direct contact with the obvious bad guys. I don't remember if she had anything to do with them at all, but anyway, the bad guys had no idea who she really was.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!