Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the wire is better

but, tecnically you're still right- that's not on tv any more. :heh:

Haha, well the thing is I do think The Wire is better, yet I enjoy watching BSG more...

Season 3 is getting fillery where I am though.... but still pretty amazing. I need to catch up soon, I think I would cry if I got the ending spoiled for myself.

Gossip Girl - Season 2 Premiere

Kristen Bell's voice is so lovely.

Second time I've seen it, fucking love it. Some hilarious moments fused with some sexual ones, it doesn't get any better.

Blair had all the best lines too, "Damn that mother Chucker!". The Chuck/Blair story line is pretty tragic, and knowing how it develops makes it even worse to watch.

"3 words, 8 letters. Say it, and I'm yours"

"I...I...."

"Thank you. That's all I needed to hear."

Tragic love stories are so much more interesting than "I love you".."I love you too" *babies*.

Second time I've seen it, fucking love it. Some hilarious moments fused with some sexual ones, it doesn't get any better.

Blair had all the best lines too, "Damn that mother Chucker!". The Chuck/Blair story line is pretty tragic, and knowing how it develops makes it even worse to watch.

"3 words, 8 letters. Say it, and I'm yours"

"I...I...."

"Thank you. That's all I needed to hear."

Tragic love stories are so much more interesting than "I love you".."I love you too" *babies*.

I agree with it being better than usual dribble you get when the word Love comes up, but it get's a bit silly when it takes like 8 episodes for it to happen.

Indeed it is. And the sole reason I started watching the show. I needed my weekly Kristen Bell voice over fix.

I agree with it being better than usual dribble you get when the word Love comes up, but it get's a bit silly when it takes like 8 episodes for it to happen.

I feel the pacing has been handled reasonably well with enough different reasons to prevent them cropping up.

(although not really related but the three words eight letters thing always reminds me of Gracie's Choice and how the mother used to say "1,4,3".)

True, but I just find the love between them so interesting. The fact neither will admit to loving each other is really tragic. Still, I'm hoping for at least a sign of something nice happening by the end of season 2. (How many episodes is there left, Ash?)

Still. Blair will always be my favourite character. Lines such as "Witch hunts are my valium" are classic.

True, but I just find the love between them so interesting. The fact neither will admit to loving each other is really tragic. Still, I'm hoping for at least a sign of something nice happening by the end of season 2. (How many episodes is there left, Ash?)

Still. Blair will always be my favourite character. Lines such as "Witch hunts are my valium" are classic.

9. Theres 25 episodes this season. Personally im glad they've put Chuck and Blair on the backburner for a bit.

What is this "The Wire" and how could it possibly be better than BSG if it isn't called "Firefly"?

youi've not heard of it? It's so fucking good

in a nutshell: a portrait of the crime ridden streets of West Baltimore writ large, shown through the ongoing conflict between the major crimes unit in the police department and the organised crime groups they're chasing. It's so much more than cops and robbers though. It's the most eloquent, absorbing and powerful television ever produced.

E.R (Season 3 Episode...3?)

Zomg...THAT was unexpected! Seriously...main character development (...) here! Wow. Quite a nice episode to do it in (avoiding spoilers), as it wasn't a big BOOM episode, just a peaceful one with a bit of tension here and there as a big yet understated send-off.

The scene with Hele was just... :D

9/10

Brothers & Sisters

8/10

Big Cheif takes on Little Cheif all three episodes.

I really enjoyed it. Liked how friend ships were bonded, the Little Chef looked great. Heston is awesome obviously. It implied there was another episode soon, after the three month trial of one location had finished we find out if King Little Chef wants to roll it out to the other restaurants.

9/10

Clone High

In summary it´s a cartoon parody of high school dramas where the main characters are clones of historical figures from the creator of Scrubs.

Too bad it got canceled because I really liked it and would like an actual ending.

The last three episodes of Dexter season 1 were pretty good. The season itself on a whole was a bit slow for me. It didn't really get going until we found out who the ice truck killer was, and even then it took a few episodes to get into full swing. I was also really suprised at how it ended. I dont know why, i guess i was waiting for a twist that would lead into season 2, but there isnt much to go on. I cant see where they'll go with it, but its based on a book isnt it? So i guess they have material :p

Skins

Too hyped up. slightly chavvy to me and some of the people already annoy me. Not really a fan of the psycho girl who did make up (can't think of her name). Don't like JJ nor the chavvy twin. Actually found the boyfriend hilarious. Innocent twin is fit. Hopefully it will improve.

The last three episodes of Dexter season 1 were pretty good. The season itself on a whole was a bit slow for me. It didn't really get going until we found out who the ice truck killer was, and even then it took a few episodes to get into full swing. I was also really suprised at how it ended. I dont know why, i guess i was waiting for a twist that would lead into season 2, but there isnt much to go on. I cant see where they'll go with it, but its based on a book isnt it? So i guess they have material :p

Nah the 2nd and 3rd seasons (and presumably 4th and 5th as well) aren't based on the books.

Battlestar Galactica - A Disquiet Follows My Soul

Thats the awesome thing about BSG. It can make you want to hate a character for making a decision but you know ultimately they are doing what they think is right. But in situations such as these there is no clear right and wrong.

Skins

Too hyped up. slightly chavvy to me and some of the people already annoy me. Not really a fan of the psycho girl who did make up (can't think of her name). Don't like JJ nor the chavvy twin. Actually found the boyfriend hilarious. Innocent twin is fit. Hopefully it will improve.

My thoughts exactly. Innocent twin and Freddie were the only characters I liked at all. Though yeh, the footballer boyfriend was hilarious.

Oh but the theme tune is wicked. Asobi Seksu <3

And the 'coming up on skins' thing at the end makes it look pretty awesome. I was going to paste a youtube video of it but gah, can't find it.

Skins Series 3

Also, Freddie? Rather hot. :D

Seconded.

7 / 10

Battlestar Galactica - Mini Series

Based on all the BSG loving on the forum i decided to see what all the fuss was about. I watched it this morning, and I have to say it has made me want to buy the first series. Overall a pretty good story, very good CGI, and for a 3 hour film/episodes it wasn't particually boring either.

9/10

Battlestar Galactica - Mini Series

Based on all the BSG loving on the forum i decided to see what all the fuss was about. I watched it this morning, and I have to say it has made me want to buy the first series. Overall a pretty good story, very good CGI, and for a 3 hour film/episodes it wasn't particually boring either.

9/10

I just finished watching this too. Wow. Tbh, even though everyone sings it's praises, I was actually doubting if I would agree. Couldn't have been more wrong, absolutely loved it. Everything about it; the concept, depth of characters, cgi, action, the moral dilemas, the music, tricia helfer...but most of all the fact that I had tears in my eyes at times and was literally jumping for joy at other times, excellent.

Weee.

Glad to see you liked it. I think everyone i've ever convinced to try it out has been surprised by how fraking great it is

now you just need a truck load of DVDs and you'll be caught up to speed :heh:

Yeah I was genuinely surprised and then extremely happy. Favourite use of the f word so far is 'For Fraks Sake!', just made me lol. I've got series 1 so I can get started on that, well...now I guess, woop.

Dexter season 2 has started well! I'm really liking how they are investigating him now without knowing it haha. And the group therapy is a clever twist for him to get help without actually admitting what is his real problem. I think its a better start than season 1, though i guess they had to establish characters and backgrounds etc back then.

The Dudesons - S3e03

Great episode. Kind of hitting a bit on the Dirty Sanchez series where they do various jobs, but this was on a more personal level doing the jobs they wanted to do when they grew up but couldn't. Best bit is when Jarno, who is a policeman/security guard for the day, goes to bust the rest of the group who are running around and messing about in a theatre after closing time. Turning off the lights and bludgeoning the others in the dark was so funny. Ok, it's immature but it's still funny and I don't care.

I persoanlly think that Cook from skins was a good chracter. Acted generally like an ass but also seemed to be a likeable guy (in a weird way).

Loved it when the old woman said 'look, he's bleeding.'

Then Cook just says 'Profusely!' in an awesome way.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!