Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

You should watch it. The Sci Fi genre tag does it a disservice by association: what you really have from the show is one of the best, darkest and most politically charged dramas on television. I love it long time.

and you know I have the best taste on the forum, right? :heh:

Filth and lies. Filth and LIES!!

(or at least an overexaggeration)

Big Love baby. Its all about the Big Love. It is intense. And anything that makes you polygamy look like the better option has gotta be worth something.

And OH WAIT! New season tonight in America. :D :D :D :D :D Been waiting for this for eighteen months!. Had to father two kids just to past the time.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, not another one Ashley!

Oh, I forgot Prison Break on my list before. To be fair, I might just replace Heroes with something else cos I can't be bothered with it anymore.

BATTLESTAR GALACITCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR

Go watch it Molly.

My work is done here.

BATTLESTAR GALACITCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR

Go watch it Molly.

My work is done here.

Lol!!! *does as she's told*. Nah, I'm not planning on buying it (unless it was reeeeeeally cheap) or illegally DLing, maybe there's another way though, we'll see.

Lol!!! *does as she's told*. Nah, I'm not planning on buying it (unless it was reeeeeeally cheap) or illegally DLing, maybe there's another way though, we'll see.

£25 a season in HMV.

Sod it, download it if you have to. You need to watch it.

Do it as a favour to me. :heh:

£25 a season in HMV.

Sod it, download it if you have to. You need to watch it.

Do it as a favour to me. :heh:

haha, don't say that, I'll feel guilty if I don't now! Where is it up to on tv etc? what series/ep? (could look up myself but meh).

haha, don't say that, I'll feel guilty if I don't now! Where is it up to on tv etc? what series/ep? (could look up myself but meh).

I only started watching it a couple months ago so I've just bought the DVDs.

There are only 4 seasons of it and the second half of the fourth has just started last weekend. It was split into two because of the writers strike.

I'm not sure what channel it is on in this country.

If you start watching it now you will probably have timed it perfectly to finish the whole thing when it ends on TV. It is the crack cocaine of the TV world. That's assuming crack cocaine is addictive as Jaffa Cakes.

You need to see it.

I only started watching it a couple months ago so I've just bought the DVDs.

There are only 4 seasons of it and the second half of the fourth has just started last weekend. It was split into two because of the writers strike.

I'm not sure what channel it is on in this country.

If you start watching it now you will probably have timed it perfectly to finish the whole thing when it ends on TV. It is the crack cocaine of the TV world. That's assuming crack cocaine is addictive as Jaffa Cakes.

You need to see it.

Are you always this persuasive?! We'll see, I am very tempted. Thing is, I already know that I'm probably going to have to buy the wire complete season 1-5 boxset which is £90, woooahhh loads. But I do like those jaffa cakes, they are gooooooood.

Since speaking to Daft on a semi-regular basis I have gotten into BSG (it being at work helped), Sebastien Tellier and Daft Punk (more so)...as well as probably more. He's like a used car saleseman, but less sycophantic.

I have been watching back all of Graham Linehan's programmes (Father Ted, Black Books, The IT Crowd etc) in preparation for a book that I won't be writing about him.

They're all very good of course.

Do tell. What kind of book, biography, analysis etc?

I have been watching back all of Graham Linehan's programmes (Father Ted, Black Books, The IT Crowd etc) in preparation for a book that I won't be writing about him.

Father Ted and Black Books are so bluddy awesome to watch. I find it very hard to just watch the one episode with them. They bring joy.

I've been re-watching Prison Break - Series 1 with my housemates. Pretty awesome, and it's great how even after seeing it twice already, how I still get goosebumps at particular moments, or feel excitement in my tummy. Love this. :D

Black Books and The IT Crowd are awesome. Even though I haven't seen all of them. But yeah, great shows. =D

Black Books and The IT Crowd are awesome. Even though I haven't seen all of them. But yeah, great shows. =D

Would you believe some people don't like The IT Crowd? Crazy. It has one of my favourite quotes of all time. Literally floored me.

"What did you eat for breakfast?"

"Smarties cereal"

"I didn't even know they made Smarties Cereal"

"They don't. Its just Smarties in a bowl of milk."

:bowdown:

Would you believe some people don't like The IT Crowd? Crazy. It has one of my favourite quotes of all time. Literally floored me.

"What did you eat for breakfast?"

"Smarties cereal"

"I didn't even know they made Smarties Cereal"

"They don't. Its just Smarties in a bowl of milk."

:bowdown:

Heheh, I think it's a great show. Nerdy humour hooray!

Though sadly I think they only showed the first series of it here, booooh. Need more! X3

have you seen Father Ted? That's just straight up genius.

Hmmm, not sure I have, though it sounds familiar?

*gasp and outrage*

aw your missing out! try and see it asap!

Well sorry for not living in the UK where these shows are readily available. =P

I'm checking some stuff on Youtube and I honestly can't remember if I've ever seen any of this or not. Show is more than 10 years old already?

And wow, the man who played Father Ted apparently died a of a heart attack during a party celebrating the filming of the last episode... that's so sad. D:

Its on in the UK on Sky...as they part finance it. Think season four part 2 starts on it in the next week or so too.

It starts tomorrow. 9PM.

But it's not the kind of show where you can jump right in the middle.

You'll need the miniseries, Seasons 1-3 and the first half of season 4. If you want, get Razor (the first TV film) after season 3.

I've started The Sopranos.

God help me, I can feel the snare of HBO in me already. Top class writing, acting, filming and pacing again.

It's not as good as The Wire- I think The Sopranos feels more like..um, television. That probably sounds stupid, but The Wire feels more convincing as a portrait of something larger and more substantial than just a drama about a set cast of characters. The Sopranos, by comparison, feels considerably more contrived.

Still, it's brilliant. I'm definitely in to it.

I've got the first 3 seasons on DVD, fyi. I've seen season 4, too, so two left at some point. The one bad thing about The Wire is it makes a lot of other tv seem a hell of a lot worse!

lol, well you certainly have good taste, I won't commit to the best! :heh:

Maybe I'll watch it, but at the moment I'm watching The Wire, 24, Heroes, ER, Lost from next week, scrubs when I get around to it, that's already too much TV for one person!

Not a shoddy list! But not enough for everyone :P Weekly I'm watching Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, Smallville, Hustle and Lost (when it starts), and I need to catch up on Heroes baaadly! On DVD I'm trying to re-watch The Wire with flatmate(s), get through House season 2 and maybe get myself scrubs season 7 on dvd. Downloading 24 as well, as I've never seen it, but I still need new, awesome recommendations for TV to watch.

Are you always this persuasive?! We'll see, I am very tempted. Thing is, I already know that I'm probably going to have to buy the wire complete season 1-5 boxset which is £90, woooahhh loads. But I do like those jaffa cakes, they are gooooooood.

It helps that I'm convinced that I'm always right. :heh:

Don't get The Wire yet!!! I wanna watch it as well. Watch BSG first and then we can work through The Wire and banter about it.

I've picked up some strange Pavlovian response out of this little discourse. Thinking of BSG makes me want Jaffa Cakes. :D

I need Jaffa Cakes!!

The 7th episode has an awesome ending. Enjoy :D

Desperate Housewives - The Best Thing That Could Ever Happen

I forgot they were doing this. I enjoyed it, looking back at how this handyman had affected all the ladies, and ultimately what had affected him to become so caring. Nice to see some of the new storylines linked to old ones.

Although it got me thinking, because of the time jump Mary Alice's tenth anniversary should be next year I believe. Wonder if they'll mention that...

Not a shoddy list! But not enough for everyone :P Weekly I'm watching Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, Smallville, Hustle and Lost (when it starts), and I need to catch up on Heroes baaadly! On DVD I'm trying to re-watch The Wire with flatmate(s), get through House season 2 and maybe get myself scrubs season 7 on dvd. Downloading 24 as well, as I've never seen it, but I still need new, awesome recommendations for TV to watch.

Also a good list! Although I'm not sure how you can watch all those goodies and then...Hustle :heh:. Watched one the other day and it was just a bit too simple and as my brother put it 'hammed up' (lolol) with stupid dialogue. To each their own though :)

It helps that I'm convinced that I'm always right. :heh:

Don't get The Wire yet!!! I wanna watch it as well. Watch BSG first and then we can work through The Wire and banter about it.

I've picked up some strange Pavlovian response out of this little discourse. Thinking of BSG makes me want Jaffa Cakes. :D

I need Jaffa Cakes!!

Torn. Between my lust to watch the wire right away and my need for banter. I do find that there is something in every episode that I want to discuss, just like ''how fooking cool was that'' or a quote etc. Also sometimes I don't understand what some of the people are saying, but I ususally muddle through. Also, I may have to buy some jaffas after this. But no, diet 2009... NO!!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!