Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battlestar Galactica Season 2, and first 5 eps of season 3

Well there ya go - most of the series was spun around the episode that had me groaning in season 1 - politics and the media. But Tom Zerrick was a more reliable character, at the sacrifice, at times, of Gaius Baltar who is getting a bit flakey.

The 2.5 'webisodes' were rather abysmally shot and choreographed - seemingly all ten parts were filmed in teh same lunch break. But it did provide for a lot of background to the first few eps of season 3, just not necessary and to be honest I felt a bit bored while watching them. I might not watch the 3.5 ones until after I've watched a bit of 4.

I've seen a few episodes of 3 now, and I must put s03e04 up there as one of those episodes that will always be remembered as one of the best episodes of the show. So epic, so much Win, and I was (admittedly, drunkly) pumping my fist in the air and 'woot'-ing. Get in there, yoomans.

The cylon side of things, though - in season 1 and parts of 2 (SCAR!) the cylons were genuinely terrifying things that you ran from when you saw them. For machines, however, they're pretty shite at aiming. Constantly you see them missing people - why! They're machines.

I don't quite get a few other things, too - the skinjobs act as the leaders of the cylons, but how were they created? The cylons made them? The centurions, or are there other dudes I just don't know about.

Also, there being 12 types of 'skinjob' cylon and us only having seen 6 of them? Alright, alright, we know - we'll see them at great times of shock and awe over the entire show but still, all of Caprica (the old one) covered with repeats of the same four/five models? This 'council' of cylons in season three has 'repeat' cylons. Just a little bit weak and controlling of the producers, but then it's just a little point really.

Loving the show - glad they're back on board. Wondering if Lee Adama is really that fat or if the actor's just in a fat suit.

Battlestar Galactica Season 2, and first 5 eps of season 3

I don't quite get a few other things, too - the skinjobs act as the leaders of the cylons, but how were they created? The cylons made them? The centurions, or are there other dudes I just don't know about.

It's explained in the movie Razor.

Also, there being 12 types of 'skinjob' cylon and us only having seen 6 of them? Alright, alright, we know - we'll see them at great times of shock and awe over the entire show but still, all of Caprica (the old one) covered with repeats of the same four/five models? This 'council' of cylons in season three has 'repeat' cylons. Just a little bit weak and controlling of the producers, but then it's just a little point really.

Explained in season 3.

Loving the show - glad they're back on board. Wondering if Lee Adama is really that fat or if the actor's just in a fat suit.

. .

Razor = the movie about Pegasus (from the three part episode in season two) but made after, and should be watched after, season three.

And yes the fact there are 12 bu tnot seen is explained I think...around where you are now. Patience :p

Heroes - 1.23 - The Hard something...Job?

Rewatching because of the awesomeness of Ellen Greene. She looks old here...or maybe just her age. Suppose they do plaster her with make up in PD. Was nice to see Sylar crack a bit, although painting with her blood...eww.

There's a lot of things that are just left. Whatever happened to Shanti? And Molly, why get rid of her? Plus her parents are dead so where did they ship her off to? I know they sent her somewhere but surely if she had other family she should have gone to them sooner. She had a charming human-ness to her that would be nice right now. And Hiro didn't kill Sylar when he could have, surely that would have caused him to feel guilty or whatever? Some kind of knock on effect.

Oh and ewww he's your bio-uncle!

And finally; Angela saying America bombing Japan is what ended the war is a bit...arrogant, although something I believe is consistent with how American history is taught. (or maybe I've been tainted by all the Japanese propaganda I've been looking at lately).

Well you'll have to. The latest word on the street is they're not showing them until summer >_>

Nothings been officially announced but its not on ABC's midseason schedule.

I wouldn't be suprised if they never did, they'll probably end up on ABC.com some time.

I wouldn't mind if they didn't and just bung it on DVD but if they do show them on the summer it means they wont even release a DVD until late summer/early fall which would just be horrific.

Also rumblings of Jan 28th but as I say, ABC are saying nada.

I just finished The Wire season 4

I'll be damned if that isn't the finest piece of TV ever put together by anyone ever. Fuck your teen drama shit, yo.

Nothing has ever felt so convincing, so textured, so deep and utterly, totally real.

The last hour of the season had me close to genuine tears partially because of one event I won't spoil but it was just the culmination of it all- a bitter sweet mix of success, progress, trepidation and failure that perfectly summarises the nature of Baltimore, the struggle in the city and the beautiful tapestry the writers have woven in the series.

You look em in the eye. Don't matter who they are, or what they done. You look em in the eye.

Just watched the Foo Fighters live from Wembley 2008 (I know it's not really live but w/e) really good stuff, the band played a good few fan-favourite tracks with some lesser known ones too, but it was just awesome seeing them perform clearly loving what they do and the crowd loving them for it, Dave Grohl really knows how to command a crowd, the performance of Everlong was quality. :smile:

Ok I'll shut up now... >> 9/10

(also I know it's not really a tv show just highlights from a one-off gig but w/e I enjoyed it and I don't watch much else on TV, kudos to all of you who watch whole series of stuff though : peace: )

I just finished The Wire season 4

I'll be damned if that isn't the finest piece of TV ever put together by anyone ever. Fuck your teen drama shit, yo.

Nothing has ever felt so convincing, so textured, so deep and utterly, totally real.

The last hour of the season had me close to genuine tears partially because of one event I won't spoil but it was just the culmination of it all- a bitter sweet mix of success, progress, trepidation and failure that perfectly summarises the nature of Baltimore, the struggle in the city and the beautiful tapestry the writers have woven in the series.

You look em in the eye. Don't matter who they are, or what they done. You look em in the eye.

Snap, just finished too. Brilliant season and i know the moment your on about, caught me by surprise and had my heart in my mouth! Feel sad that there is only one more to go :( Everything else is going to seem rubbish after this! Stupid good TV shows

West Wing season 1 and half of season 2

Just wow, all the little things in government you didn't think mattered, what the president eats swaying voters. The senior team not wanting to offend anyone. The way they deal with each crisis is outstanding. Finally the end of season 1 had me shocked, the conclusion of it in the beginning of season 2 (the fallout if you will) was handled perfectly.

cannot express my love.

10/10

^^ Oh, I didn't watch and/or record, but I guess with that rating I'm not missing out.

If I'm totally honest I only rated the first half. It was just utter shit.

The script was painful and the acting was nonexistent. As soon as I heard Justice's D.A.N.C.E. I just felt they were trying to insult me personally.

This program is ITV through and through. Shoddy, unoriginal and generally cheap.

Kyle XY- The complete first season

Spent the whole day watching this and I was hooked all the way through. Absolutely LOVED it! You all would probably call me crazy but I thought it was bloody awesome, how I missed it in the first place I don't know!

I hope there's a Season Two!!!

9.9/10

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!