Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gossip Girl : The Serena Also Rises

I loved it, one of the best of the series so far. Serena is turning into a complete bitch again, and Blaire looks as though she might just be going the opposite way. The story with Jenny is great, but the short lived storyline with Chuck and Dan annoyed me a little because I wish it would of been stretched out a little more. But still, it kept me glued to the screen like it always does, so what more can I ask?

Battlestar Galactica

Just started watching this. On about episode 5 and it is absolutely brilliant. I love Kara Thrace.

I went insane when she flies above Apollo in the Cylon ship and it says Starbuck in yellow tape on the bottom of the ship.

I actually started cheering. :D

11/11

Saw alot of Two And A Half Men over the weekend. Man that shit is funny! The jokes are often similar - men are pigs but they like it blah blah, but it works. Good show :)

Lipstick Jungle is on its third episode and i think it has lost its appeal on me somewhat. I still watch it, but its not as good as the pilot promised it could be. I guess it needs more time to develop, but i cant see it being as popular as Sex And The City anytime soon.

Gossip Girl : The Serena Also Rises

I loved it, one of the best of the series so far. Serena is turning into a complete bitch again, and Blaire looks as though she might just be going the opposite way. The story with Jenny is great, but the short lived storyline with Chuck and Dan annoyed me a little because I wish it would of been stretched out a little more. But still, it kept me glued to the screen like it always does, so what more can I ask?

Really? I thought Blair acted completely out of character when she freaked out to Dorota. Normally she's cool, calm and collected, even when pissed off, but suddenly she was flailing. And I wouldn't say Serena is being a bitch. She has a fair point really.

Really? I thought Blair acted completely out of character when she freaked out to Dorota. Normally she's cool, calm and collected, even when pissed off, but suddenly she was flailing. And I wouldn't say Serena is being a bitch. She has a fair point really.

Hmm, true on the bitch part I suppose now I think about it. Then again, I just love Blaire so when things don't go her way it bugs me. :p

That's what I'm saying, she went totally mental to the one person she knew would never say anything. It was nice to actually see her lose control for once. At the end when Jenny talked to her, she seemed to realise that it doesn't matter that Serena gets more attention because the attention she gets, she's "actually worked for". Then when she did something nice for Jenny, I just assumed this may be the beginning of a change of character for her.

Lol, getting all deep about a show as shallow as Gossip Girl. I love it. :heart:

Hmm, true on the bitch part I suppose now I think about it. Then again, I just love Blaire so when things don't go her way it bugs me. :p

That's what I'm saying, she went totally mental to the one person she knew would never say anything. It was nice to actually see her lose control for once. At the end when Jenny talked to her, she seemed to realise that it doesn't matter that Serena gets more attention because the attention she gets, she's "actually worked for". Then when she did something nice for Jenny, I just assumed this may be the beginning of a change of character for her.

Lol, getting all deep about a show as shallow as Gossip Girl. I love it. :heart:

I'll have you know I've written an essay about it, and got a gorram A (and it was a 3rd year module :p). Im a postmodernist; nothing holds greater or worse grounds for examination. Opera or soap, its all worth studying.

I just thought I'd rate some of the recent series that I've been watching.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Season 2, Episodes 1 to 5)

Awesome, but nowhere near as good as the first season. Unfortunately, it seems that this season is exactly what the writer/producer said wouldn't happen - it's become a "Terminator of the Week" show. John/Sarah's plot seems to be going nowhere. The Catherine Weaver are certainly very interesting, with a developing plot.

Individually, the episodes are great. And it's awesome that they're giving us more glimpses into the Future War. Shame it's likely going to be cancelled (The Firefly Curse strikes again)

8/10

Stargate Atlantis (Season 5, Episodes 1 to 10)

An amazing series so far, I loved most of it (bar the last few seconds of episode 10 because

A poor CGI explosion that looks like it's probably killed everyone nearby, just like the end of season 4. I'm expecing everyone to be perfectly fine next episode.

Still, great season. It's a shame it's been cancelled (and just after Jewel Staite joined the main cast...The Firefly Curse yet again).

9/10

Fringe (Season 1, Episodes 1 to 4)

The pilot and episode 4 were pretty cool, I found episodes 2 and 3 to be pretty cool. It seems odd that the only big mystery so far is the man introduced in episode 4, rather than the "mysterious" organisation that the people are looking at. They just don't seem that interesting.

6.5/10

Chuck (Season 2, Episodes 1 & 2)

Just as good as the last season. Spy comedy mixed with loads of nerd humour. And lots of CoD4. The Buy More also seems to have shoved Wiis on shelves in different parts of the store this season.

9/10

Pushing Daisies (Season 2, Episode 1)

Great as usual. Don't really have much more to add.

8/10

The Sarah Jane Adventures (Season 2, Episode 1 and Episode 2 Part 2)

I know it's a kid's show, but it's the closest thing to Doctor Who that's on for a while. It's actually half-decent.

Damn Hamlet reducing Doctor Who into a few specials next year. Although at least something good may come out of it (rumours suggest that Patrick Stewart will be in one of the specials).

7/10

Re: Terminator:

I'm hoping the sub plot with agent Ellison will come to the fore soon, and give the week by week Connor plot a bit of direction. It's still really entertaining, but the lack of a solid objective for the main characters is a bit weird. They need to be doing something other than reacting to 888's doing bad shit.

As its on at the moment, the last few episodes of Channel 4s the Sex Education Show.

Nothing I didnt already know, of course. So its just like a refresher for me....;) Aye very informative though. Its interesting looking at sex from an educational point of view, rather than an "oooh sex" point of view. The sex education in my school consisted of one lesson where we got to see a blue model erect penis (not a dildo....a model penis?) and my class mate put a condom on it. Wowza.

9/10

As its on at the moment, the last few episodes of Channel 4s the Sex Education Show.

Nothing I didnt already know, of course. So its just like a refresher for me....;) Aye very informative though. Its interesting looking at sex from an educational point of view, rather than an "oooh sex" point of view. The sex education in my school consisted of one lesson where we got to see a blue model erect penis (not a dildo....a model penis?) and my class mate put a condom on it. Wowza.

9/10

I'm watching it now, it's such a great show! If they showed this at schools and colleges rather than trying to drum into people that sex is bad, I bet teenage pregnancy wouldn't be as big a problem as it is at the moment. It's nice not to be patronised about sex for once.

Exactly. 100% agree. I wasnt joking when I said what my sexual education was in school.

Not that I needed any until years later......

In my school, we've had nothing since year 7. Well, the girls did in year 11 a couple of years ago. But that's it. The government then wonder why there are so many teens having babies. So basically as a 17 year old, the last sex education I had was when I was 11. It's mental.

In my school, we've had nothing since year 7. Well, the girls did in year 11 a couple of years ago. But that's it. The government then wonder why there are so many teens having babies. So basically as a 17 year old, the last sex education I had was when I was 11. It's mental.

That's the same ith me! I haven't had any since I was 11 either and even then they didn't explain it and just stuck on a woman giving birth video!

scary. :shakehead

Recently got into The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon is so funny - he was mad because he couldnt eat his breakfast due to Penny being in his seat and said his cereal lost all its molecular integrity. God i was in tears. Brilliant show.

How strange, I watched it today for the first time and it was much funnier than I thought it was going to be! :D

I'm actually going to watch more this evening. :) I saw the first episode and was thinking through it "That is so me!" especially the chair sitting thing. :p There are good character's in it. so far after that first episode Sheldon is my favourite. It appealss to my Nerdy side. (Which is my usual side :heh:)

It's good fun!

Desperate Housewives - Season 4 2 Hour Finale

OH MY EFFING GOD

This was so awesome. The finale's for housewives are always great, but this was fantastic. It was so tragic what happened to her daughter, and the skipping ahead 5 years was a great idea too.

The new series, now 5 years in the future is going to be so odd. Hope it's as good as this season, anyways!

Big Love

Just started watching this, and it seems pretty good. About a mormon polygamous family.

Can't really rate it yet though - need to watch more.

You can. It gets a 10.

The second season is just immensetasticawesomness.

(lols just found out the actor who plays Rhonda did the voice of Lilo.)

Watched an episode of Frasier recently (think it was season four or five, the Christmas ep) and there was a really nice touch. Showed a day across four of the characters and Daphne's versions of what Niles says/how he acts around her is slightly different because she doesn't realise how he feels, and kinda alters what he says in her head.

But then Frasier is always awesome.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!