Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pushing Daisies: Season One

Not bad. Entertaining, funny and the women are attractive and interesting. The narration wears thin pretty quickly though and its clear that the creator has been watching Amelie far too much, there are just too many similarities to discuss.

But Amelie never was a network TV programme, so they can be forgiven in that, and it's certainly a damn sight better than any other current American drama series, at least the ones that come to mind at this point in time.

7/10

The narration is unique to PD but Bryan Fuller's work tends to have that quirky voice (Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, both of which are worth a watch).

Anywho.

Secret Diary of a Call Girl (entire series)

Been meaning to watch it for a while, fun little series. Although other than Belle/Hannah the characters are a little...flat.

Farscape - Episode 1 and 2

Well now I've nearly finished going through all of Star Trek:TNG and I've already finished watching Lexx I though I'd find myself a new show to watch.

Having seen Browder and Black in the last two seasons of SG-1 I was already familiar with two of the lead actors.

The pilot and second episode are fun, am looking forward to see where the show goes.

The Simpsons: Season 19: Apocalypse Cow

A very good episode! :) I felt everyone was in character and the story was entertaining!

I love Lou the Cow. He was great! :grin:

There was some good jokes thrown in there such as Homer Mistaking the Slaughter House for the Laughter house.

Also enjoyed the small nod to Plopper! glad to see him not being over used! :D

How I Met Your Mother - Season One

Decided to rewatch the entire show before the impending season three finale. This season particularly makes me optimistic and appeal to the hopeless romantic inside me. And Barney Stinson is a legend.

The end of 'Come On' still makes me weepy happy, followed by weepy sad. "I made it rain for you!"

How I Met Your Mother - Rebound Bro

Sarah Chalke is always a treat, hope they find some way of extending her stay. 8

Gossip Girl - All About My Brother

To quote the show's (rather simple) recent advertising slogan: OMFG!

Battlestar Galactica

Seriously. Anyone not following this is now undeniably missing out on one of the best drama series' of the decade. It doesn't matter if you don't like sci-fi, this is about so, so much more than the setting. it has an amazing cast, great direction and an incredible script.

Yeah it's definitely stronger than Lost. Lost is clever, but over the years it's lacked a certian cohesion that BSG has always had in spades. we're in the 4th and final season now and the way elements of the series' as a whole are starting to make more and more sense, leading up to an incredibly interesting climax is really, really paying off. And such performances to get it there too. This weeks episode had some really amazing stuff coming from even the B list cast members.

Just watched the first three Inbetweeners: I like it. It's the anti-Skins. And the second episode, with the drinking and the revelations you don't want to reveal to long time friends while drunk, yeah, that rings a bell.

Between this and Peep Show and The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm I feel like my existence is understood. I will show these television shows to all my new friends so they can understand me better.

The Simpsons Season 19: Mona Leaves-a

The third appearance of Mona Simpson. :) It was a good episode and quite emotional.

Mona dies!

:( This is quite sad as she dies with Homer being mad at her which I'm not sure i liked but it was needed for the story.

A rather odd bit at the beginning with Moe wasn't needed but the part where Homer goes mad in the middle of the talking record your own voice cuddly toys made me laugh! :D

Then it got into the main idea and everyone felt in character and the story was entertaining.

Bionic Woman Ep 1-4

Surprisingly good. It's very similar to Dark Angel, but that's not a bad thing at all. Great cast, I really liked Katee Sackhoff's(Starbuck, BSG) performance. Too bad it was axed because of the writer's strike.

8/10

Got Rome season 2 today. I haven't watched it yet but it gets a perfect 10 for just the cover. It's really cool, like it's limited edition.

Reaper

Comedy supernatural drama whereby a guy who has had his soul sold to the devil by his parents even before he was born, is now a bounty hunter, capturing escaped souls. Not sure enough people have seen it but it deserves to be watched as it really is funny and has a great story line to boot. Quite a few twists too.

Just watched the first three Inbetweeners: I like it. It's the anti-Skins. And the second episode, with the drinking and the revelations you don't want to reveal to long time friends while drunk, yeah, that rings a bell.

Between this and Peep Show and The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm I feel like my existence is understood. I will show these television shows to all my new friends so they can understand me better.

i agree, inbetweeners rules. your tastes are decent. if you can handle a blade i may take you on as my side kick,

Inbetweeners does rule. BUMBER! is my new word to call my mate. The rest are also undenialby awesome too. Anyways:

Dexter: Season 1

Epic. Ranks up there with one of my fave television dramas. Shame wiki spoilt the story for me but it's awesome that I can still enjoy the show, and then there are still twists that I did not know of that were awesome too. And it has an awesome brand of dark humour too. Shows will always strike a chord with me if they have clever humour in there. Can't wait for the second season

9/10

Dr Winston's Evil Experiments: Child of Our Time

Another highly cerebral and scientific but also very poignant examination of modern childhood. Exceedingly good programming, even if some of the "experiments" used to explain the situation come off as slightly Bond-esque surrealism. Dr Winston remains an immensely likeable screen persona.

9/10

Bionic Woman Ep 1-4

Surprisingly good. It's very similar to Dark Angel, but that's not a bad thing at all. Great cast, I really liked Katee Sackhoff's(Starbuck, BSG) performance. Too bad it was axed because of the writer's strike.

8/10

I watched the first episode on the plane and it was shit. Does it get any better...?

Bionic Woman Ep 1-4

8/10

Got Rome season 2 today. I haven't watched it yet but it gets a perfect 10 for just the cover. It's really cool, like it's limited edition.

Tales, has anyone ever told you you have horrible taste? Rome is great, though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!