N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://twitter.com/charltonbrooker

Apparently there was a fault with the iPlayer version.

If you don't want to watch on iPlayer you can catch the first episode at these times:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qbq57/episodes/upcoming

Yeah, I would have known had I checked Twitter yday. Gotta watch on iplayer what with lack of tv license at uni. Anyhoo, it's working now, and it were pretty good, as per usual.

The Persuasionists Episode 2

Its still shit, but its barely one minute into the show, and its made me smile or laugh more than the entire (long) 20 minutes I lasted of Episode 1. Maybe I'll leave it on.....its low budget/shitness is almost charming...

Edit: 2 minutes in, instantly getting worse.

Unfortunately part 2 is a bit of a letdown compared to the first half. The first half is how most of the entire show should have been.

You joking?! Just watched the second episode. Thought it was stunning. One of the best episodes of Voyager I've seen. So many interesting ideas. Shame they just aren't ever explored enough in episodes like this but I thought it did well for the most part.

There was a very strong BSG vibe to it.

You joking?! Just watched the second episode. Thought it was stunning. One of the best episodes of Voyager I've seen. So many interesting ideas. Shame they just aren't ever explored enough in episodes like this but I thought it did well for the most part.

There was a very strong BSG vibe to it.

Nope, not just me either. Part 2 is generally thought of as a letdown.

I loved it. What didn't you like?

Without watching it again right now I cant give you a proper list but the reset at the end was the most annoying. The ship should have stayed like that for a long time. As much as I enjoy Voyager it would have been a much better show with it actually having to struggle.

Hustle s06e03.

This show used to be truly great, now it's just "decent".

Not as witty, not as interesting, and more than in any preceding season, you can guess the "twist" long before it happens. It used to be so sharp and wonderfully edited, but it hasn't had quite the same grab since Jaime Murray and Marc Warren left. That said, I'm not sure if I could see Jaime "Pardon my Tits" Murray back in Hustle and not hate her now.

Without watching it again right now I cant give you a proper list but the reset at the end was the most annoying. The ship should have stayed like that for a long time. As much as I enjoy Voyager it would have been a much better show with it actually having to struggle.

True. I guess because I knew everything would be fine it didn't bother me that much. Although the whole episode made me wonder, how do they keep restocking torpedoes and stuff?

That episode was great until the "crash into it to hit reset button" part.

I thought that bit was good...although completely cliché.

Nice to see Janeway get in on the action.

Also the hiding in the nebula bit reminded me of the new Star Trek film.

Originally they couldnt restock torpedoes and made a point of only using them when needed, as it went further along you can just assume they found the supplies needed to create more.

The running joke among fans of Voyager was the amount of shuttlecrafts they lost in the first few seasons, it seemed to be one every few weeks.

Me and the Wife just watched both parts to "Kobals Last Gleaming" the season one finale of BSG. Was awesome, soon as part 2 finished the wife went "Shit it's over... what happened, quick play the next episode", haha, loved it.

So we did indeed pop in disc one of season 2 and watched ep 1 of that.

This show is still so bloody awesome even on a 2nd viewing, so glad I bought this collection (and for my 1st BluRay purchase too... I must say the picture is bloody AWESOME), and it's wicked watching with someone who hasn't seen it before, she's watching it for the first time not knowing what's going to happen and I'm watching it knowing full well whats going to happen and seeing further into some things that happen with that knowledge it's great.

Brothers + Sisters Season 4 Ep 1

Lovely. Same old, same old except the "OMG" moments with Kitty and *possibly* Justin and Rebecca, though they seemed to toally avoid the

other car in the end?

Some BRILLIANT writing in there too, the oblique Joni Mitchell reference Sarah makes blew me. And..

"Want to see what I just tweeted?"

"Well...you do give good tweet..."

:D

The Deep End - Pilot

Billed as "Grey's Anatomy with lawyers" which would usually make me stay well away, but it has Tina Majorino in so I thought I'd give it a try.

Meh. Not my type of thing. I don't care whose fucking who. Could Tina just return to Big Love please? (amusingly in that she plays a college freshman, so 18/19, and in this a law school graduate which is what, about 25?)

The two male new-employees look exactly the same which was confusing (or perhaps could have been if I cared). One apparently graduated from Cambridge...so he spoke with an Australian accent naturally.

I'm trying find the the last episode of Heroes I watched so I can continue watching it but I can't find it.

I know it's in season 3. The last thing I remember was the politician brother in a limousin talking to someone. I think he had files on all the other heroes and he had changed side from good to bad.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!