Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll do a Boreanez, I reckon.

I've no idea what that means.

Boreanez - (n) - definition

To subject a dyslexic Nintendo console to the movie "Revolutionary Road"

I would rate my own gag 5/10. Not my best.

Never Mind The Buzzcocks

I'm impressed, Fielding made me laugh. Winkleman looked even tastier than normal and Jamelia's honesty was awesome.

Best of the series thus far. None of the previous guest hosts have been this humourous.

Yeah....Winkleman is quite porkable actually. Particularly on this episode. Also I find her weird/annoyingness more charming and cute/funny than genuinely annoying.

House Season 6 Episode 6 Alright, but I was hoping for a better episode due to the 2 week break.

Fringe Season 2 Episode 6 Shit! I was hoping for a better episode due to the 2 week break.

Curb Season 7 Episode 8 Okay, typical Curb. Episodes like this that stick to the formula too much are wearing a little thin.

Dexter Season 4 Episode 7 Below par for the season but still awesome. Best season of Dexter yet. Next ep looks AWESOME.

Heroes Season 4 Episode 8 or 9 "Shadowboxing" Only watched the first ten mins but already looking awesome. Heroes has really improved this season.

Right, that's it!

How I Met Your Mother - The Rough Patch

NPH wearing a fat suit and just generally looking fat was brilliant. The plan to split up Robin and Barney showed the ingenuity that made earlier episodes in the show's history good but I think they messed about too much with the stake-out bit and the arguing there. Even with this being the end of Barney and Robin, there's clearly still going to be something going on in regards to them being the centre of the story. I'd hope that they could now move on back to Ted's side of the story and get to it but I don't think they will for a little while yet. We've had the partnering of Barney and Robin, the coming to terms with the relationship, the fighting and the splitting up. Probably got some aftermath to mop up.

My dollhouse and glee watching has been interrupted, and watching Lost on the computer is so annoying, as CERTAIN places stop you after watching a set amount/things don't load etc.

Pour example, I started the pilot of How I Met Your Mother, after seeing everyone fill their pants with cream whilst watching it, but it just froze midway through, and I didn't have the strength to try again. Also it wasn't funny, the 4 minutes I saw.

HIMYM gets better after a few episodes. Its a character-driven comedy and thus you need to get to know them. Don't forget, you hated the AD pilot ;) (granted HIMYM isn't as good as AD but pilots are rarely great...except for Veronica Mars.)

Your Dollhouse and Glee interruption could also be to do with the fact they've both been off the air for a few weeks :p Glee returns tonight though.

Gossip Girl - They Shoot Humphreys Don't They?

The most over-hyped and thus disappointing threesome since ReZ, his hand and his Scribblenauts hat.

Edited by Ashley

Did I hate AD? I'm so scared? I don't think so. I remember loving bits of it at least. I rewatched it and it's as good as any episode, so it's all good.

---

The Hills - Episode who gives a shit all they do every episode is sit around pretending to have jobs and problems sharing said problems with each other, despite all problems being intangible blobs of "tension" between two of the girls at any one time.

Having a sister means I see this every so often. It's so awful. Someone must have spoofed this shit. I was spoofing it all throughout.

I just loved when a girl was stacking shelves at whatever the fashion house was called, actually working, and one of the mainies comes in late, and announces "Gawd I'm sew ty'rd." I actually lol'd. They DO NOTHING I HATE THEM.

They meet in cafes during the day to sip slowly on straws discussing shit shitly, then meet at bars or restaurants (though they never order food) at night to do the same, or to showcase a musical guest star one of them is working as a promoter for.

I hate this. I had to watch My Super Sweet Sixteen after, which is actually more dangerously mind-deadening.

I love the Hills. :grin: I'm not even sorry.

Anyway my favourite part is the intense dramatic pauses and eye glares between "emotional" conversations in some sparkly restaurant. good times.

I need to get out more.

I watched Ross Noble - Randomist yesterday (again)

One of his live stand ups. I find him hilarious just his comedy clicks with me. Also watched Jimmy Carr the other day equally funny.

Forget Michael Mcyntire he just fails so much for serious. :)

Edited by Coolness Bears

Paj I checked and you didn't...I'm sure someone did though.

Sit Down, Shut Up - Math Lab

Kind of a shame this is slowly dying as I'm enjoying it. Its not great but it has some amusing moments and dialogue and is a big AD reunion with added Chenowethy goodness. Oh and they parodied Breaking Bad :D

Nip/Tuck - Aggie...Something

I love how Nip/Tuck has some amazingly quotable lines. Today's has to be "Dildo sales are down, it's the God damn economy!"

Shame to see Teddy go (although not a surprise) as I was really enjoying Rose McGowan in the role. At first I thought it may be someone else and she'll pop up later but nope, definitely gone. And Matt is in jail. He should probably just die, that life really isn't worth living. And the self-surgery scene reminded me of his attempt at self circumcision, always a hoot!

Glee - Wheels

"We need more ramps in school"

" NO. WAY. Those kids are what I call lazymakers. They discourage our able-bodied students from using the stairs"

"As soon as a wheel-bound cheerleader ROLLS herself onto the field, she becomes decidedly less effective at cheering people up"

Jane Lycnh, I want you as my mum.

I just watched a preview of that (will watch the episode on catch up some point over the weekend). I had hopes it may be okay but it just seems like every other British show (I seem to have a big case of Anglophobia when it comes to TV :p) plus (and this could be the clip) it was way too self-referential. "One of them always flies!" "we can't be superheroes" etc etc.

Glee - Wheels

Dear lord that was awful. So saccharine and perhaps its me but it seemed more offensive because of it. When Artie said "I can't fake being in a wheelchair" it got worse, in light of the recent criticisms that the actor isn't disabled. Kinda sets a double standard really, it was all about being inclusive and yet they chose to have an able-bodied actor. Plus there was a plot revolving around Kurt and Rachel, my two most hated characters.

Although Jane Lynch was great as usual, and it was nice to see another side of her.

Edited by Ashley

I just watched a preview of that (will watch the episode on catch up some point over the weekend). I had hopes it may be okay but it just seems like every other British show (I seem to have a big case of Anglophobia when it comes to TV :p) plus (and this could be the clip) it was way too self-referential. "One of them always flies!" "we can't be superheroes" etc etc.

It's sort of...kind of like that but it's not.

Like there's one guy in it who was hit by the storm the same as the others and he has no superpower as we know of yet. Kelly has the ability to read minds and that includes her dog's which sort of took it too far but was funny. Curtis has the ability to see into the future. Simon can become invisible and Alisha can make anyone lust for her if she touches someone (which, to be honest, was unexpected). But Nathan can't do anything...yet.

Still, t'was so awesome I watched it twice, lol.

Glee - Wheels

Dear lord that was awful. So saccharine and perhaps its me but it seemed more offensive because of it. When Artie said "I can't fake being in a wheelchair" it got worse, in light of the recent criticisms that the actor isn't disabled. Kinda sets a double standard really, it was all about being inclusive and yet they chose to have an able-bodied actor. Plus there was a plot revolving around Kurt and Rachel, my two most hated characters.

Although Jane Lynch was great as usual, and it was nice to see another side of her.

Although I assume the showcase of Kurt's relationship with his dad is like..."good" for american TV or something? A positive side/how it should be blah blah.

He still makes me cringe whenever he sings/speaks. And I hate how bratty Rachel is...I guess it's meant to be why no one likes her, but she's really nice otherwise. I also wish Quinn would blow her nose.