Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Dollhouse - Season One

After The Sarah Connor Chronicles finished, I have been looking for something to fill its void and this fitted the bill perfectly. I really enjoyed it and look forward to catching up on the more recent 4 episodes which have been shown so far in the US. I will say though, and hopefully someone can explain, what the hell was up with the final episode of the season, Epitaph One? That confused the hell out of me. Like, I understand some of what was going on but not why or how and how they jumped from current day to that time period. So yeh, if someone can explain that one, I'd be greatful as they sure as hell didn't.

I think it was made presuming there would be no more episodes. In a way its closure. The first season hinted at the potential chaos the Dollhouse organisation could cause, and this episode was just a flash forward really. Although it is 'informing' (the commonly used word) season two. And will be bought up more later on in S2 apparently.

Best start looking for something else. Lols.

V!....oh wait that's on for about three weeks then going on hiatus. Hmmm.

Nip/Tuck - yesterday's episode

Mario Lopez in Rocky Horroresque women's underwear umm no thanks. Although Annie's back and has grown up o_O

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a good start.
Liked the assistant coach who just kept repeating what Coach T said all the time. I was hoping Matt was gonna kick that little punk JD's Ass, i'm hoping that still happens.

Haha, yeah I thought that was a nice dogsbody bit of comic relief. I do hope he has a nervous habit of doing it every now and then, still. I'm a bit worried they've not really introduced many of the new team's players - there's 'Tank' the big fat dude who wanted to be a quarterback, the juvie-avoiding Wire kid... that guy with the bling... er... That's it. I guess the focus will be on the three other stories as they intertwine -- matt, Tim, and Principal Taylor dealing with the split school system thing. Having wossername, hot-daughter, going to the other school will probabaly give us a few new characters, and I reckon Tim and Matt will end up (or... like, verysoonbe) Taylor's assistents.

But yes, it's like a comfort blanket, this show. Mmmm!

30 Rock - Stone Mountain

Betty White :D

BSG clip shown :D

Cerie dressed in a bikini :D (being her Halloween costume, she went as an Italian senator)

San Francisco being referred to as the "People's Gaypublic of Drugafornia" by Jack :D

"The American public doesn't want your elitist, east coast, alternative, intellectual, left wing..." - Jack

"Jack, just say Jewish, this is taking forever." - Liz

Jenna to her gay friend: "Don't look at me like I'm a football game."

I think I may try and use the expression "are we cowabunga on this?"

Great episode :)

The Sopranos- The Complete Season Six

Masterpiece television. Absolutely fantastic all the way through. So brilliant...until the last episode. Now the last episode was brilliant but the last 30 seconds was absolutely rubbish, it completely let it down. A fantastic programme like that shouldn't have ended the way it did. I totally hated it which is such a shame because this would be the first ever series I would have watched with no faults but now it has one. The way they ended it all. I literally felt cheated.

I just...don't get it.

9/10 (would have been a solid 10 but the ending...it was poor to me. I just don't get it.)

Oh god don't put Merlin in the same category as Robin Hood.

It IS an entertaining show, the characters are excellent. I just have a problem with the plot sometimes and as I mentioned previously, not enough over arching storylines.

The last two episodes (a two-part-arc) were great. Also the Dragons totally badass claim was cool. Season finale win?

Russel Brand's Good News (or something)

I liked and admired what it was trying to do but it came off a bit akward and some sections were pretty unfunny. Promising, though it could do with some work. 6/10

The Wire

I haven't actually watched it in a few weeks but just a message to anyone who hasn't seen any of it: watch it. Beyond a numerical scoring system/10

Dexter - If I Had a Hammer

Aww Debs, you fucked up little linguistic genius. I hope she is the one that catches Trinity. I think why Dex is going after him, and its noble in its own way, but if Debs caught Trinity it would be a huge personal and career 'catch'.

Glad Dex and Rita are back on track. Although I want more Roma Maffia :p I loved when Rita asked him what was on his mind he was thinking "Is this what people do? Think...out loud?" It worries me how relateable he is at times.

Oh and Trinity (aka John Lithgow aka Dick from 3rd Rock)'s wife is called Sally. Awesome.

Dexter: I got you a breadmaker ... [off her look] because we're always running out of bread.

Rita: We're always running out of milk too, did you also buy me a cow?

If I ever have a child I'm getting it this;

148f0qp.jpg

Edited by Ashley

some things I've watched in the past week.

Dollhouse - Season 2: Belongings

One of my favourite episodes so far. A great story and a lot of depth to all of the characters. It's great to have more Sierra development.

Stargate Universe - Water

While better, it still is extremely slow. It could do with a slightly faster pace and a few more things happening.

Castle - Season 2: Vampire Weekend

A very interesting murder with some great twists. One of my favourite Castle episodes. And the "Space Cowboy" costume was a great touch.

"Didn't you wear that one five years ago?"

Fringe - Season 2: Momentum Deferred and Dream Logic

I'm glad this is finally out of the way. The memory loss is gone and and the Charlie/Shapeshifter plot is over. That single story arc has just destroyed my view on the show - the amount of plotholes (splitting up, lack of time to do what was done, not checking anything, missing bodies, people not realising that taking blood samples would be enough to identify the shapeshifter, stating that the shapeshifter hasn't changed since the first episode and nobody figuring out that the person he looks like would have been in that hospital - i.e. Charlie, Peter or that random FBI woman, the uncomplete render clearly looking like a man and Olivia falling for the "it's whasherface (robotic arm woman)" trick and loads more) is quite stupid.

Dream Logic was back on the form of the first season, though.

FlashForward - Gimme Some Truth and Scary Monsters and Super Creeps

I can't help but feel that they're trying to push the "OMG! What if this stuff doesn't happen" card a bit too hard. Oh noes! Future Pregnant Lady is a lesbian! Oh No! Future Pregnant Lady has been shot! Oh No! Future Pregnant Lady is having more surgery! Oh No! Future Pregnant Lady will find it almost impossible to have kids!

It just feels way too forced at times.

30 Rock - Reunion

First episode I've seen [been meaning to for ages after seeing the adverts on Comedy Central], and even though it had a whiny black man and what seems to be a common thing in programmes about behind the scenes media things, an annoying gay guy, I found it pr0 entertaining. To be honest, anything with the tasty Tina Fey AND the awesomeness of Alec "The Shadow" Baldwin, is simply a recipe for greatness.

I wonder if I went to a school reunion X years down the line, would my memories be as potentially warped...

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

All of Arrested Development Season 1

Second run-through, this time on clear DVD. So fucking amazing. Seriously...this needs to be even more famously great than it already is.

"Maybe we should kiss again to teach them a lesson about obvious?"

*Maeby is stunned/disgusted*

FlashForward - Gimme Some Truth and Scary Monsters and Super Creeps

I can't help but feel that they're trying to push the "OMG! What if this stuff doesn't happen" card a bit too hard. Oh noes! Future Pregnant Lady is a lesbian! Oh No! Future Pregnant Lady has been shot! Oh No! Future Pregnant Lady is having more surgery! Oh No! Future Pregnant Lady will find it almost impossible to have kids!

It just feels way too forced at times.

Surely that would be better than knowing what's going to happen and then nothing being done about it?

Or is it one of those "it's the journey bullshit" things?

30 Rock - Reunion

First episode I've seen [been meaning to for ages after seeing the adverts on Comedy Central], and even though it had a whiny black man and what seems to be a common thing in programmes about behind the scenes media things, an annoying gay guy, I found it pr0 entertaining. To be honest, anything with the tasty Tina Fey AND the awesomeness of Alec "The Shadow" Baldwin, is simply a recipe for greatness.

I wonder if I went to a school reunion X years down the line, would my memories be as potentially warped...

There's no gay guy in the main cast. There was the one in denial at the reunion but he's obviously in only that episode. Shame they didn't end up having Blake Lively and Leighton Meester as the teenagers as originally planned, would have been an amusing pop culture nod.

Season three is kind of all over the place, literally and figuratively, as the cast are often not all together which is, in my opinion, when it works best.

Great show though. Its like the spiritual offspring of Seinfield and...

All of Arrested Development Season 1

Second run-through, this time on clear DVD. So fucking amazing. Seriously...this needs to be even more famously great than it already is.

"Maybe we should kiss again to teach them a lesson about obvious?"

*Maeby is stunned/disgusted*

:bouncy:

I'm afraid so.

N00b. Kenneth is comedy gold.

HIMYM was good this week.

Not great though. I have a feeling that this series is starting to coast along a little- They need to make more of a push back towards the premise of the show now they've established the whole Barney and Robin thing.

V: Pilot

This seems pretty promising so far. Ive got no real complaints from the first episode, except maybe Juliet's son but I think its too early to judge him, his smile just annoyed me.

I like the cast of this as well, some nice sci-fi actors and I thought they all did a really good job. Special effects werent too shabby either.