NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Queer As Folk US - Season 3

Amazing. I literally just finished watching the final episode of the season, and it made me feel so amazingly happy. I love how the comic Justin (One of the main characters) was creating during season 3 echoed the real life events of the season, right up to the ending with his line

"...And the streets of Gayopolis are once again safe for perverts to roam"
(They just managed to get the democrat candidate for mayor elected over the republican canididate that had covered up the murder of a gay teenager). I loved the way they filmed the ending. The sheer excitement of what had just occured, and the way they showed everyone bursting into the streets for a party celebrating their massive victory. It was actually stunning to watch. It was so nice to see a season of a television show end on a high, rather than a depressing cliffhanger.

Perfect.

Edited by Slaggis

Watched season 4 of How I Met Your Mother over the past few days, loved it. Barney is quite possibly the best character on tv ever!

Ugly Betty: Season One

I watched Ugly Betty the other day and I liked it so I decided to watch it from the beginning. I liked it but I think I prefer Desperate Housewives tbh.

7/10

Doctor Who: Season Two

The last episode is just brilliant, had me glued to the screen.

9/10

Ugly Betty

I actually really enjoy Ugly Betty. It is a simple pleasure. Yes, it's incredibly predictable in a lot of parts but that's part of the joy. It's got such a vibrant look, real nice. Kind of reminds me of pop art.

Smile/10

You Have Been Watching.

David Mitchell and Ben Miller made this much more pr0 than it has been.

You Have Been Watching.

David Mitchell and Ben Miller made this much more pr0 than it has been.

It was good! The bit with the banana; If I wasn't laughing so much I'd have been speechless.

Ugly Betty

I actually really enjoy Ugly Betty. It is a simple pleasure. Yes, it's incredibly predictable in a lot of parts but that's part of the joy. It's got such a vibrant look, real nice. Kind of reminds me of pop art.

Smile/10

I need to watch this. I have Season 1 on DVD which remains my most random DVD purchase ever. I just liked the cover which is a giant picture of Betty's Face. :grin:

I've watched Episode 1 and enjoyed it but I've not pursued it any further.

In other news...

The Hills Season 1 Episodes 1-4

Big Lulz/10 :heart:

It was good! The bit with the banana; If I wasn't laughing so much I'd have been speechless.

It was so freaky they were coming out with that bullshit. Well in fact most religious shit is bullshit in itself. But the way these people tried to make it into entertainment was simply astounding.

It was so freaky they were coming out with that bullshit. Well in fact most religious shit is bullshit in itself. But the way these people tried to make it into entertainment was simply astounding.

I know, it's tragic. When the Bible superhero came on, ReZ just text me with ''........''. No words could describe it.

I know, it's tragic. When the Bible superhero came on, ReZ just text me with ''........''. No words could describe it.

You're in luck, because as we both saw Bibleman has a quote for every occasion.

bibleman.jpg

Just look at that face, he aint taking shit from noone.

True Blood - Season 1 and Season 2 Episdode 1

One of the best new tv shows around at the moment. So happy it's increasing in popularity in the States, it completely deserves it. Brilliant acting and intriguing storylines. Amazing.

You're in luck, because as we both saw Bibleman has a quote for every occasion.

bibleman.jpg

Just look at that face, he aint taking shit from noone.

Its not even that bad of a costume. Really. Thats what was more offensive than anything. Just...ugh, made me feel quite sick that my favourite thing in the world had somehow been invaded by my least favourite thing in the world.

David Mitchell was soooooo funny though.

This show is really really great.

Just was so brilliant, all of it.

"Tits masquerading as breasts!"

9.5/10

True Blood - Season 1 and Season 2 Episdode 1

One of the best new tv shows around at the moment. So happy it's increasing in popularity in the States, it completely deserves it. Brilliant acting and intriguing storylines. Amazing.

SHE'S MINE! T_T

Seriously though fantastic show. :grin: Instantly one of my favourites and I'm on Season 2 Episode 7.

The Hills Episodes 5-8.

MOAR BIG LULZ/10

Dexter - Season Four - Episode One

Ahhh that long ass introduction ^_^ and dearly devoted Dexter. Family man, living in the 'burbs, father to three kids, hot wife, swimming pool. The good life. But of course, kids ruin everything, even serial killing. I love the brief parody of the intro with sleep-deprived Dexter screwing everything up.

I like how Debs and Maria (Laguerta!...her surname seems like something that needs to be included) are finally not at each other's throats. Nice to see progress. And Maria is sleeping with Angel....umm okay? Weird. Debs is still with Anton but Lundy's back to cause drama. When your (recent) ex says "I've just retired" you know perhaps HE'S TOO OLD. I like how Debs is digging into Harry's past, although for a second I thought he was going to have been sleeping with all his informants. Oh and Quinn going after that reporter that is blatantly going to use him for info. When are the MMPD going to learn to keep their dick in their pants?

And the trinity killer...interesting. Did not expect to see so much naked John Lithgow O_o Still, I wonder why he's repeating his own cycle. And that shower...dude be fucked up yo!

I knew there would be a shock ending (seeing how the other seasons' first episodes have ended) but didn't quite expect that. Although it makes sense. See, kids ruin everything!

Favourite lines:

Dexter: "A perfect husband wouldn't keep his old apartment. But I'm not perfect, I kill people."

Lundy: "Hello Debs."

Debs: "Motherfucking fuck."

God bless Debs :p

The Fast Show Series 1

Epic sketch show from Paul Whitehouse and Charlie Higson. The first series introduces us to the Chanel 9 piss-take of Spanish TV, Unlucky Alf, The "Brilliant" and "Rubbish" Father and Son and Ted and Ralf amongst others. Even though this was just the first season, it is excellent and only gets better from here.

9/10

Edited by Jimbob

Dexter - Season Four - Episode One

Ahhh that long ass introduction ^_^ and dearly devoted Dexter. Family man, living in the 'burbs, father to three kids, hot wife, swimming pool. The good life. But of course, kids ruin everything, even serial killing. I love the brief parody of the intro with sleep-deprived Dexter screwing everything up.

I like how Debs and Maria (Laguerta!...her surname seems like something that needs to be included) are finally not at each other's throats. Nice to see progress. And Maria is sleeping with Angel....umm okay? Weird. Debs is still with Anton but Lundy's back to cause drama. When your (recent) ex says "I've just retired" you know perhaps HE'S TOO OLD. I like how Debs is digging into Harry's past, although for a second I thought he was going to have been sleeping with all his informants. Oh and Quinn going after that reporter that is blatantly going to use him for info. When are the MMPD going to learn to keep their dick in their pants?

And the trinity killer...interesting. Did not expect to see so much naked John Lithgow O_o Still, I wonder why he's repeating his own cycle. And that shower...dude be fucked up yo!

I knew there would be a shock ending (seeing how the other seasons' first episodes have ended) but didn't quite expect that. Although it makes sense. See, kids ruin everything!

Favourite lines:

Dexter: "A perfect husband wouldn't keep his old apartment. But I'm not perfect, I kill people."

Lundy: "Hello Debs."

Debs: "Motherfucking fuck."

God bless Debs :p

Do you think the bags of body parts were still in the back of the car at the end or he had already dumped them?

Do you think the bags of body parts were still in the back of the car at the end or he had already dumped them?

I presume he dumped them. He had been to the pharmacy and I'd imagine heading home. Don't think he'd be as careless as to go to a pharmacy with bits of bodies in the boot.

Odwin; Dexter is kinda back. Showtime 'leaked' (is it a leak if the network does it?) the first episode which isn't due to be aired until September 27th. Which unfortunatly means now have to wait til October for more Dex (although I'm sure last year or the year before the 2nd ep was also leaked a bit later)

Aaaahhhh I've just rediscovered Rex the Runt, anyone ever watched? They're all up on youtube.

It is to Wallace and Gromit what Family is to The Simpsons or summat. Watch a minute and tell me your not amazed.

Something on BBC1 just now

They had two unemployed finance workers going to do "real" jobs. One was working in a Blackpool little hotel/b&b thing while the other was working on a farm/as part of a organic dairy business. I get the feeling we were supposed to think "hmph, these damn ex-bankers with all their money and they caused the recession" but I got annoyed with the "ordinary folk" because they were really OTT with their "Wurrr workin' classhh us!" attitude, moreso with the hotel. One of the workers asked the banker whether she typically thought wait staff had it easy and should be on pittance and she said no, then in a talking head said "she's lying, I hate when people lie I'd prefer she was honest"...what if she was telling the truth? You're actually being the negative stereotypical one. Plus the banker rightly told her off for taking out a credit card, and then using a loan to pay it off when the debt got too much and blaming the bank. Yes, they offer you these things but take some fucking responsibility.

Wow, that turned ranty...

Also. They played about 30 second clips from artists such as Peter Bjorn and John, La Roux, Little Boots, Phoenix and all this which while nice to listen to...was it really needed? Is this what the license fee is being used for? Barely played song snippets which could have easily been replaced with generic lower-cost music.

ED

Awesome, and it's got Dan from scrubs (Tom Cavenagh) as the lead male and the insanely hot Julie Bowen as the lead female. Just a shame like any tv show that finished a few years back, music costs prohibit DVD releasing. Though apparently it is on its way!

You Have Been Watching is on tonight people! Last in the series sadly.

However I'm going to rate an episode of Dragon's Den I watched, wasn't bad, but one thing which got me was someone was pitching an idea for a fat drip tray on a grill tray and Peter Jones said he didn't want to be the "face" of that kind of product. Yet he didn't mind being the representitive of MoneySupermarket, which I wouldn't consider "worse" by comparison. Plus Evan Davies needs a slap for repeating the same lines over and over.

A serious question though, the piles of money the "Dragons" have nearby, didn't they give them out in earlier series'?

The Thick Of It - 9/10

Funny and very well written :D

The Wire - 10/10

Just brilliant in every sense, finally starting to get into it as I now have it on DVD.