NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

I thought Alan Carr's show was better than JLC's by a long shot but I do like JLC. Alan Carr is just a legend! Loved the dance he did with Brucey, had me in stitches.

Queer As Folk (US) - Season 1 Episode 1/2

Wow, this was amazing. I remember seeing the UK series and thinking it was alright, but this was so much better. I'm dying to see the next episode, but have none left at the moment. Fail.

Really interesting characters, and I'm loving the story so far. Brian is so freaking H.O.T it's unreal. Only just realised he's the guy from desperate housewives.

Edited by Slaggis

Well, after watching the Pilot episode a few months ago, I've been speeding through Bones, or at least the first season, fairly quickly. Started it at about 1am, currently on disc... 5! Go me.

The show definitely improves after the pilot. Everyone embraces their stereotyped characters, and thus we can sit back and watch teh dead-body-of-the-week mystery without having to think too hard. Lots of fake and far-fetched science, but frankly this is very adequate TV that you can just sit and watch without thinking too much; along the likes of House, Life and so on. Of course, the script strains to emulate Whedonese, but I'm happy with it. Mostly because Bones herself is strangely alluring to watch. Might just be that her eyes are slightly too close...

*should start actually rating things because nobody actually reads reviews these days*

*is going to use his own rating system*

14/20. First /10 is my personal scoring, the second /10 is what I think the 'cool critic dudes' would score. Added together you get this bundled number, so you'll never really know what my own opinion is, and thus cannot insult me. Nyer.

Bones is great. Season 4, (the latest) one is the best. Gets pretty funny. And the science isn't that far fetched, seeing as it;s written and produced and based on the life of an actual forensic anthropologist.

Queer As Folk (US) - Episode 3 to 9 of Series One.

Okay, I'm completely addicted now. Some of the characters are brilliant, and I'm constantly laughing at some of the lines they come out with. I'm loving the story so far, and it's nice to them having other story lines develop with the main one, to keep it fresh.

Plus, Brian. :heart: Though, I'm finding Micheal more and more attractive every episode, it's a little scary.

Perfect.

Edited by Slaggis

Bones is great. Season 4, (the latest) one is the best. Gets pretty funny. And the science isn't that far fetched, seeing as it;s written and produced and based on the life of an actual forensic anthropologist.

i was surprised by this actually. I saw the extras on the first season dvds. I'm still cynical of some of it, but i do think the basis is truth.

Arrested Development Season 3, Episodes 1-3

So good it hurts. More of the same of season 2, which is no bad thing. Just.....god. Love. Nothing will ever be this funny again, TV show wise.

9.5/10

Season 3's the one with Little England (or whatever) right? Still funny, but I didn't appreciate the patronising. I wasn't offended, I just didn't find it funny, and pitied the americans for finding it 'lol english' funny.

Season 3's the one with Little England (or whatever) right? Still funny, but I didn't appreciate the patronising. I wasn't offended, I just didn't find it funny, and pitied the americans for finding it 'lol english' funny.

Im usually not a big fan of US comedys making fun of the British but I didnt mind it at all in Arrested, really enjoyed all of that myself.

I think thats the next one I'm to watch. Yeah as with Happenstance I normally find the piss taking of British quite unfunny/in your face/cliched, but I think its fine and good in Arrested. Its not all posh blah this and that, but with like the guy who threatened Michael he like did the UNH thing (fake about to headbutt you) when he walked off. Which was good etc blah.

Sooooo good.

I didn't like that Little England scenario. But I wasn't sure if they were just parodying how Americans see us or otherwise. Either way, a rather duff moment in AD's constant brilliance.

Though I did really like the bit when Michael says "Did I say 'snog' again? Bloody hell!".

The Wee Britain/Charlize Thereon arc wasn't the best in itself, but had some great stuff (the pussy jokes, Mr F, the mole vs spaceman scene, Lucille's Godzilla impression) and as they got an American (ish, Thereon is from Africa but I presume a registered US Cit) to say "I hate when they get yanks to play a Brit, you can always tell" it was self-referential. A knowing parody of the (believed) differences between the US and Britain.

And come on, it had one of the best foreshadowing visual gags ever;

2j1jyth.jpg

Pushing Daisies - Kerplunk

Again. Still makes me incredibly sad.

Yeah finished the arc today. Fucking hilarious. Adored

Why won't I go in the water?!?!?!

(Or was it "Can't". Either way....just...so good)

004126nj0.jpg

I hate this show...

It is AMAZING. I really can't get over how funny I think it is. I've almost finished season 1.

10/10

It is AMAZING. I really can't get over how funny I think it is. I've almost finished season 1.10/10

For serious? I always kind of cringed a lot whenever I watched it, it just tried too hard and the canned laughter is almost unbearable. But each to their own :)

For serious? I always kind of cringed a lot whenever I watched it, it just tried too hard and the canned laughter is almost unbearable. But each to their own :)

I thought it was amazingly stupid at first but after catching bits of it I really can't get enough. This man, Sheldon, sets me off.

sheldon.jpg

Not sure if it is his weird lanky frame, his annoying voice or his chronic neurosis. It really isn't the type of show I watch, ever. Like I said, I can't get over funny I think it is. :heh:

Totally. I do like Penny and Raj but Sheldon steals the show.

I pretty much hated Big Bang Theory when it first came on but people kept going on about how good it was so I watched a few more episodes.........now I love it.

I've loved it from the start, I think they all have their moments.

Great show.

Finale of season 2 was today. :(

I pretty much hated Big Bang Theory when it first came on but people kept going on about how good it was so I watched a few more episodes.........now I love it.

Yeah, I'm completely the same. I read that rating were up like 16% from season 1.

I've loved it from the start, I think they all have their moments.

Great show.

Finale of season 2 was today. :(

I'm downloading season 2 now! :D

Season 2 is a lot stronger. Less....kinda....typical of its self. Less "OMG We're nerds" tone down on some of it, but yeah its AMAZING.

PS HAAAXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Wasn't the last show I watched but Mad Men is utterly brilliant. I just love it to bits and I'm not really sure why. Anybody else on here watch it? 10/10

Yeah Mad Men is great. I've seen all of s01 and the start of s02. Dan Dare's up to date, I think.

I've seen the first two seasons of Mad Men. I'm not really sure where it's going and my interest has kind of waned in the latter half of season 2. I hope it picks up a bit more next season. I'd like to see the focus shift to Peggy a bit more.

And because I was talking about this ealier, just found season 1 of The Big Bang Theory for £11.89. A steal.

http://www.sendit.com/sendit/10003157.product

890224_DV_M_F.JPG