NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

I didn't say it was all shit, I said I don't like any of it. There's a difference. I do genuinely think its because I went through the British teen years and either its incredibly unrealistic due to its heightened drama (Skins) or mundane in the parallelism in that I had my own British teen years which were meh.

If 2.01 is on catchup I'll give it a try, but I don't recall even liking any of the characters. Particularly the main one. He made my skin crawl ^_^

Honestly, I can relate to Inbetweeners more than I can to Skins. I don't know ONE single person who lives the lifestyle the teens in Skins do and I love Skins. Inbetweeners I can relate to because half of the time, I've lived through it and it was a laugh. So I sort of like it because it reminds me and because it's like one of the funniest comedies I've seen. But yeah, I would seriously recommend you watch at least two more episodes before judgment, you might like it. :p

I recommend Misfits too, that's on catch-up by the way. I THINK Inbetweeners is too.

Might give it a try, but I don't really have the time anymore :heh: Although now that American shows are entering winter hiatus I may have some spare time in my TV schedule.

Speaking of.

Gossip Girl - Serena something

Serena, you're an idiot.

Gavin & Stacey

First time I ever watched this, and probably be the last on account of how wank it is.

The only good thing was the old woman who wouldn't make the salad:

"*Sticks two fingers up* Here's your bloody salad!"

Genius.

Gossip Girl Season One Episodes 1-4

I've wanted to start this for so long it's ridiculous. I think I've seen episode 1 about 3 times now! Anyway managed to get past that and I'm now about to watch episode 5. I am enoying it thus far. :grin:

Edited by Coolness Bears

About the Inbetweener's. I agree with Ashley!

The characters annoyed me, the situations they got themselves in I didn't care for and weren't particularly funny. It was all very predictable.

Maybe because I didn't have this kind of teenage experience I couldn't relate to them. :)

Gossip Girl Season One Episodes 1-4

I've wanted to start this for so long it's ridiculous. I think I've seen episode 1 about 3 times now! Anyway managed to get past that and I'm now about to watch episode 5. I am enoying it thus far. :grin:

I think it might be one of those shows you have to relate to to watch, I dunno. Anyways, I really want to watch this Gossip Girl many people speak of but I keep on forgetting...what is it about exactly? Is it just some girl who randomly texts people about who's screwing who and who's up the duff with who's baby?

Ugly Betty- The latest one

It's gotten quite alright again but still so cringing and predictable and very OTT. I know it's usually OTT but this was painfully OTT.

6/10

Beautiful People S2E2

Didn't enjoy it that much. Season 1 is way better. Some parts were funny but still think Season one is better at the moment.

6/10

Skins- Emily, Katie and Naomi's bitchfight

Don't know who's episode it is but I remember it. I think the last episode is the best one so I'm tuning in next week.

8/10

I think it might be one of those shows you have to relate to to watch, I dunno. Anyways, I really want to watch this Gossip Girl many people speak of but I keep on forgetting...what is it about exactly? Is it just some girl who randomly texts people about who's screwing who and who's up the duff with who's baby?

your one and only source into the scandelous lives of Manhatten's elite

Think of it like Page 6 (too American? Umm the Metro's titbits they do on celeb gossip?) for the kids of affluent Upper East Side teens of families (in the sense of the classic families of New York). Gossip Girl is unseen/unknown (but voiced by Kristen Bell) but gets tips sent in by everyone and shares them out.

But mostly its about the actions and lives of the teens, rather than Gossip Girl herself. Its kind of as ridiculous as they're all teens and going out and getting drunk etc but they're parents own the city essentially so it probably happens (some network did a 'the real gossip girl teens' kind of show but never watched it).

Anyway its ridiculous and over the top but amusing because of it.

(although that trailer is kinda meh)

Although Chuck Bass is a legend;

"Let's catch up. Take our clothes off. Stare at each other."

Blair is the most entertaining bitch since Veronica Mars. And that's saying something ;)

Edited by Ashley

Possibly! :) My friend liked it but could relate to the situations more! Admittedly I've only watched two or three episodes of it anyway as my brain couldn't handle the stupidity of it all but I'll give it another chance sometime.

I could see how you like it but it just isn't for me. It doesn't appeal to my type of humour, which intelligent humour btw ololololololol.:p

OH WAIT

Hannah Montana. :(

If I didn't watch that I'd have a platform to mock you from but alas...

/joke.

I don't have a superiority complex.

*tries to get off his high horse*

As for Gossip Girl It is more than that. I cannot explain though with out using broad terms which essentially mean nothing and are probably on the back of the DVD blurb. I'll leave to someone else as I've not watched enough. :)

Honestly, I can relate to Inbetweeners more than I can to Skins. I don't know ONE single person who lives the lifestyle the teens in Skins do and I love Skins. Inbetweeners I can relate to because half of the time, I've lived through it and it was a laugh. So I sort of like it because it reminds me and because it's like one of the funniest comedies I've seen. But yeah, I would seriously recommend you watch at least two more episodes before judgment, you might like it. :p

I recommend Misfits too, that's on catch-up by the way. I THINK Inbetweeners is too.

I found the inbetweeners pretty unrealistic. It was sixth form but it seemed like year 9ish. Is that what sixth form was like when it was tagged on the end of school, with uniforms (do they actually do that anywhere?) and playground bullies etc?

I went to a sixth form college for my A-Levels and it was nothing like that.

Scrubs - Our First Day at Med School

I like how they explained away the Janitor and got Neil Flynn to come in. Seems weird nobody mentioned Carla. They could write her out as taking a year off to look after the new baby but there was just no mention...at all.

Everyone else was in tact really, except I suppose Ted who is returning and Doug, don't know if he's coming back though. Anyway shame Sarah Chalke was barely in it but at least it was amusing.

And umm the newbies. They could be interesting. I like how they are bouncing Drew and Denise off each other which makes him more interesting. Cole is a...crunch but I presume he'll be knocked down a peg or two at some point. Lucy seems okay. Shall be interesting to see how it goes.

your one and only source into the scandelous lives of Manhatten's elite

Think of it like Page 6 (too American? Umm the Metro's titbits they do on celeb gossip?) for the kids of affluent Upper East Side teens of families (in the sense of the classic families of New York). Gossip Girl is unseen/unknown (but voiced by Kristen Bell) but gets tips sent in by everyone and shares them out.

But mostly its about the actions and lives of the teens, rather than Gossip Girl herself. Its kind of as ridiculous as they're all teens and going out and getting drunk etc but they're parents own the city essentially so it probably happens (some network did a 'the real gossip girl teens' kind of show but never watched it).

Anyway its ridiculous and over the top but amusing because of it.

(although that trailer is kinda meh)

Blair is the most entertaining bitch since Veronica Mars. And that's saying something ;)

I watched the trailer. Looks kind of cool, I'll have to try and find it and remember to watch it!!! lol

Possibly! :) My friend liked it but could relate to the situations more! Admittedly I've only watched two or three episodes of it anyway as my brain couldn't handle the stupidity of it all but I'll give it another chance sometime.

I could see how you like it but it just isn't for me. It doesn't appeal to my type of humour, which intelligent humour btw ololololololol.:p

OH WAIT

Hannah Montana. :(

If I didn't watch that I'd have a platform to mock you from but alas...

/joke.

I don't have a superiority complex.

*tries to get off his high horse*

As for Gossip Girl It is more than that. I cannot explain though with out using broad terms which essentially mean nothing and are probably on the back of the DVD blurb. I'll leave to someone else as I've not watched enough. :)

This post made me laugh alot :)

I'm kind of weird when it comes to humour as anything makes me laugh really. Even cheesy comedy shows. But not My Family....never My Family. That's just gone way beyond stupid.

I found the inbetweeners pretty unrealistic. It was sixth form but it seemed like year 9ish. Is that what sixth form was like when it was tagged on the end of school, with uniforms (do they actually do that anywhere?) and playground bullies etc?

I went to a sixth form college for my A-Levels and it was nothing like that.

My senior school/college life was pretty much like it. As I said, some of the situations in the show reminded me of what happened. But even when it didn't, it still makes me laugh.

Scrubs - Our First Day at Med School

I like how they explained away the Janitor and got Neil Flynn to come in. Seems weird nobody mentioned Carla. They could write her out as taking a year off to look after the new baby but there was just no mention...at all.

Everyone else was in tact really, except I suppose Ted who is returning and Doug, don't know if he's coming back though. Anyway shame Sarah Chalke was barely in it but at least it was amusing.

And umm the newbies. They could be interesting. I like how they are bouncing Drew and Denise off each other which makes him more interesting. Cole is a...crunch but I presume he'll be knocked down a peg or two at some point. Lucy seems okay. Shall be interesting to see how it goes.

Just watched the episode myself, thought it was pretty good so far but I dont really like the new main (more main than the rest of the newbies anyway) girl.

Also I wondering how long Pepper from Neighbours is gonna be in it for.

Was I the only one that expected the cadavar at the end that JD uncovered to be the Janitor?

I expect they'll keep the Janitor open to return if The Middle doesn't make it and Scrubs does, although I think TM is doing reasonably well. He was always a mysterious character, best he vanish into the night. As enjoyable as the Janitor was it's kinda nice to not see him. He was getting a bit long in the tooth and Cox is far scarier, because he can actually fire/fail people.

Speaking of, is Cox still Chief? (Chief Doctor Professor Cox?) I'd presume so but he didn't seem to be one, and his office also appeared to be a classroom.

I expect they'll keep the Janitor open to return if The Middle doesn't make it and Scrubs does, although I think TM is doing reasonably well. He was always a mysterious character, best he vanish into the night. As enjoyable as the Janitor was it's kinda nice to not see him. He was getting a bit long in the tooth and Cox is far scarier, because he can actually fire/fail people.

Speaking of, is Cox still Chief? (Chief Doctor Professor Cox?) I'd presume so but he didn't seem to be one, and his office also appeared to be a classroom.

Scrubs - Our Drunk Friend

Still dont like Lucy, I dont think the actress is working at all.

In other new.....SNOOP DOG DOCTOR!!!! and im pretty sure I saw beard face in the background!

Edited by Happenstance

That was Snoop Dog Doctor then? I thought so but wasn't sure.

(I think that can go unspoiler-tagged)

That was Snoop Dog Doctor then? I thought so but wasn't sure.

(I think that can go unspoiler-tagged)

Yeah I think I was just originally planning on talking more about the episode

I never got the obsession with Chuck. His drawl voice is so repetitive and irritating. Then again I seem to be the only one in the world who dislikes him. And it wouldn;t be the same without him.

I'm ratehr enjoyign Gossip Girl at the moment. Glad I didn't stop watching toward the end of s2, which I found a bit dull.

I wouldn't really class Veronica Mars as a bitch, not if you'd class Blair as one.

Oh really?

What other teen character tasers her classmates, constantly belittles local authority and smack-talks the most powerful man in town?

Oh really?

What other teen character tasers her classmates, constantly belittles local authority and smack-talks the most powerful man in town?

.....I need to watch this!

So this is the new scrubs you're talking about? Worth downloading the two episodes, then, ey?

(Ultimate Fighter was awsum, but you knew I'd say that, and I know you don't give a shit, so I'm not gonna give a summary)

Catching up with Dexter

the Thanksgiving dinner was intense. The way they've handled the family relationship has been genuinely unsettling stuff- probably the darkest the series has ever been.

Deb's story was, perhaps, a little heavily handled and a bit obvious. The payoff was a great little twist though. I didn't see that coming.

Episode 10 at some point today. Then Ashley can stop bothering me...

The Thick of it

Political comedy about a spin doctor, a Minister and her team. Some of the dialogue is so sharp, has me in hysterics.

''The Prime Minister is the best man, for the moment'' (she meant the man of the moment)...

''That was so humiliating, for fucks sake Malcolm''

Malcolm: ''Don't you mean...Of fucks sake''

I enjoy satire/10

Gavin and Stacey SE03E02

That was good. The curry bit was pretty genius, even though it was just repeating what happens probably everywhere. The end was very interesting!

8.5/10

Misfits S01E04

Fantastic series. I love it so much. This is by far the best episode of the lot so far. Can't wait for the next episode as I keep on saying every week.

10/10