NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Ugly Betty - The new one on E4.

The more I watch this show the more I love it. It's not meant to be deep, it's bubblegum television and there's something very loveable about it. Even though a lot of the time it's predictable, that isn't really the point; it's comfort watching with some genuinely excellent moments hidden within. To me it's almost a contemporary Hopperian vision. [/pretension]

End of the episode, what Matt does is viscous. What a tool.

8/10

The series finale? I saw that last night too. As ''bad'' as UB is in so many ways, it was brilliant. I do love unhappy endings.

Ugly Betty - The new one on E4.

The more I watch this show the more I love it. It's not meant to be deep, it's bubblegum television and there's something very loveable about it. Even though a lot of the time it's predictable, that isn't really the point; it's comfort watching with some genuinely excellent moments hidden within. To me it's almost a contemporary Hopperian vision. [/pretension]

End of the episode, what Matt does is viscous. What a tool.

8/10

I think thats the whole point of Ugly Betty. Its not taking itself too seriously. Very bubblegum, as you say, good for an hour of escapism.

It came at the right time when it first aired over here, it was something completely different, away from the depressing reality tv. I think that's half of the reason it took off and did as well as it did over here.

I think thats the whole point of Ugly Betty. Its not taking itself too seriously. Very bubblegum, as you say, good for an hour of escapism.

It came at the right time when it first aired over here, it was something completely different, away from the depressing reality tv. I think that's half of the reason it took off and did as well as it did over here.

It kinda hurt my eyes watching it, literally. So many bright colours.

Colourful television you say?

fkyye0.jpg

2upqyba.jpg

vdpl6a.jpg

*mourns*

Oh and I also watched the new Scrubs (alright, except those annoying new security guys. Bring back Leonard!) and Better off Ted (as fun and zany as ever, shame they cut the advert this week).

The series finale? I saw that last night too. As ''bad'' as UB is in so many ways, it was brilliant. I do love unhappy endings.

Yeah, Matt is vicious. I never liked him. Need a good punch in the face! And whatsherface dying was sad. I was hoping for a nice funeral scene - I love a good funeral scene, preferably with heavy rain (Lana's boyfriend's funeral from like season 2/3 of Smallville is great).

Yeah, and actually I was fairly dismissive of it at first but there's a real charm to it when you get into it. I remember it parodied itself with those Spanish soap operas in the earlier episodes and the fact it's adapted from a Columbian soap opera just makes that detail more entertaining.

It kinda hurt my eyes watching it, literally. So many bright colours.

Yeah, it's really vivid. That kind of hyper-reality is a nice change, I find.

Yeah, Matt is vicious. I never liked him. Need a good punch in the face! And whatsherface dying was sad. I was hoping for a nice funeral scene - I love a good funeral scene, preferably with heavy rain (Lana's boyfriend's funeral from like season 2/3 of Smallville is great).

Whatsherface?! Her name was Molly. Jesus. ;)

Tbf I thought Matt was completely spineless until last night. But he went from wet blanket to absolute **** all too quickly.

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

Whatsherface?! Her name was Molly. Jesus. ;)

Tbf I thought Matt was completely spineless until last night. But he went from wet blanket to absolute **** all too quickly.

...oh yeah! Molly! :heh:

Yeah, pretty much. I wanted Betty to bitch slap him. On a side I think Betty is one of, if not the, weakest characters. Everyone else makes it. I like Mark and Miranda.

I love how I spoilered it and then you said it! Yep Mark and AMANDA are fantastic :heh:

Miranda Amanda. Whatever!! :heh:

Didn't realise you were such a big fan of Ugly Betty.

Miranda Amanda. Whatever!! :heh:

Didn't realise you were such a big fan of Ugly Betty.

I watched the last few of this series. I wikipedia'd Amanda :)

I agree with you when you say Betty is the weakest character. Amanda is awesome!

Misfits S1E5

Love it. My favourite episode yet.

10/10

Also saw a little clip of somethng called Glee. Looks cool. Anyone know what it is?

Edited by Animal
Automerged Doublepost

Simple Life 4: Til Death Do Us Part

Starts off shaky, cause it's a different format, with the two girls not being on camera together, instead doing the same task differently etc. But it got into gear half-way, with the rivalry working well. I dunno why I love this show so much, I hate Paris and Nicole as types of people and what they represent. But then I'm a young girl being influenced byt them, so I just appreciate the humour. I love Nicole Ritchie's nonchalance.

Loved the finale! :D

Yes. /10

Actually I think they originally planned to just start outright in the midseason, but for whatever reason ABC bunked up a few episodes. Silly people.

Rewatched 30 Rock - Audition Day yesterday. Kathy Geiss as SuBo is genius.

I was just goin to nip on here to talk about 30 Rock, I thought I'd seen one called Audition Day, I looked it up, turns out I haven't but yayee!! That's season 4, I thought there was only three :D

I just watched the tismas episode season 2, it was ok but a few episode earlier there was a hilarious bit (which is making me laugh just thinking about it....te he) when Kenneth falls down some stairs to help out Tracy Jordan....I'll have to watch it again!

Dominic West just presented HIGNFY and I missed it. iplayerondemand please.

I was just goin to nip on here to talk about 30 Rock, I thought I'd seen one called Audition Day, I looked it up, turns out I haven't but yayee!! That's season 4, I thought there was only three :D

I just watched the tismas episode season 2, it was ok but a few episode earlier there was a hilarious bit (which is making me laugh just thinking about it....te he) when Kenneth falls down some stairs to help out Tracy Jordan....I'll have to watch it again!

Yup season four is underway :)

Dominic West just presented HIGNFY and I missed it. iplayerondemand please.

Usually is on there. Think I may wait for the extended on Sunday personally.

Anyway, last few days.

Cougar Town

Not bad. Still not a fan of most of the males in it but Scott Foley ('Sean' from Scrubs) was in it.

Nip/Tuck

Urgh siblings? I'm enjoying the show still but its a good thing an end is in place (only 10 more episodes) as it is trying to be a bit too serious/dark sometimes.

30 Rock

Christmas :D

Tracy: What's with all the junk Ken? [looking at a table with ornaments on]

Kenneth: My all inclusive holiday decorations. Here's a Christmas tree.

Tracy: Okay

Kenneth: A menorah

Tracy: Yeah

Kenneth: A picture of President Obama, for the Muslims.

Tracy: I'm going to let that one slide.

Glee

Everything you expected would happen did...but in an okay way. It was a bit difficult to feel worried that they may not make it through sectionals and be dissolved...as the show is called Glee and all. But the ride was entertaining anyway. I'm going to guess Sue is going to join up with Ken next half-season, and possibly Terrie (she can either keep trying to get Will back or go balls-to-the-wall).

And for once I actually felt the performances were as good as they always make them out to be. Although I could have done without the people dancing along during the performances and without the overly cliched judges but its the holidays, I'll let it slide.

They need to use Asian guy more, he seems like he could be interesting. And the guy who plays the piano, he could be like the show's Nurse Linda - the calm sane one amongst a bunch of crazy folks.

Oh and what the fuck was with the fapping at the end of the episode? :o

Edited by Ashley

They need to use Asian guy more, he seems like he could be interesting. And the guy who plays the piano, he could be like the show's Nurse Linda - the calm sane one amongst a bunch of crazy folks.

They've stupidly underdeveloped the majority of the supporting cast. Santana and whatever the other Cheerleader is called have been featured more and more, but not on anything other than a superficial level. Since the asian girl revealed her stutter lie, she's said nothing. And there's two other guys that never speak yeah. Silly.

Also never explains where piano man or any of the band come from.

But yeah, liked the finale to this season. While I hate the production and auto-tuning and horrible voices, they're often effective. I liked Don't Rain On My Parade, and Sue is one of my favourite characters in anything ever.

Oh and what the fuck was with the fapping at the end of the episode? :o

During the dance? I saw that too, lol.

They've stupidly underdeveloped the majority of the supporting cast. Santana and whatever the other Cheerleader is called have been featured more and more, but not on anything other than a superficial level. Since the asian girl revealed her stutter lie, she's said nothing. And there's two other guys that never speak yeah. Silly.

Also never explains where piano man or any of the band come from.

But yeah, liked the finale to this season. While I hate the production and auto-tuning and horrible voices, they're often effective. I liked Don't Rain On My Parade, and Sue is one of my favourite characters in anything ever.

During the dance? I saw that too, lol.

Mhm. Hopefully in the second half they'll develop the rest. At the start of the episode one of the cheerleaders seemed to possibly suggest she'd slept with, or made out with, the other one. But seeing as they're nothings I still don't know their names.

The fapping was wildly inappropriate. They did it to a teacher for Pete's sake!

That's filmed in parts of the town where I live. Thamesmead.... Those lovely South East London tower blocks. :hmm:

That's kinda awesome! I

I agree with you when you say Betty is the weakest character. Amanda is awesome!

Misfits S1E5

Love it. My favourite episode yet.

10/10

Misfits keeps on giving. Last episode next week apparently, it will be missed.

Really, why more people on here aren't watching it is beyond me. Brilliant TV

9 / 10

I'll just wait til January or whatever. Most US shows are on hiatus and so am I. Although saying that Dollhouse is on during Jan and Chuck and Big Love start again...

Speaking of, Dollhouse's two new episodes were indeed good this week :) Felt like 6 episodes fitted into each one.

UK Snooker Semi-Final

As a John Higgins supporter, that was one of the most nerve wracking matches I've ever seen!! Gripping stuff!!

Stupid Referee/Rules, which ever was in the wrong!!

Misfits keeps on giving. Last episode next week apparently, it will be missed.

Really, why more people on here aren't watching it is beyond me. Brilliant TV

9 / 10

Yeah it is. It's such a shame, I can't believe how hooked I am on it. I can't believe people here aren't watching it! In my opinion, better than Skins now. I would never have said that before but this has me completely addicted. The storylines are brilliant and fit very well together, the humour is great and is in the right place, the characters are very interesting...there isn't one character out of the five I hate.

Snooker

Flicked between this and X Factor (mostly forgetting X Factor) and I was rooting Ronnie on. He did fantastically, absolutely gripping!

Have I Got A Bit More News For You

Oh no wait, I didn't. Pre-empted because of fucking snooker :p

Did watch Buzzcocks though. Vorderman was so out of place, but she tried bless her.