Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol :P Well afaik The Mentalist is a season down already, so it's not like you're not investing copious amounts of your time either way.

I just reccomend at least watching the pilot for Life. You don't have to commit anything :P You can love it then watch an episode a week or avoid it for the rest of your life.

Fiiiine, but I'm not happy about it.

:blank:

Lol. Hope I can find a reasonably fast downloading one. Not that I plan to...y'know. Blah blah.

The Wire Epis 1-3

Sucked in already! Wooo.

Dat shit be intense.

The Office Season 5, Episode 20-21

Awesome. The storyline is very interesting atm and I'm eager to see where it goes/hope everything goes well for everyone. Stringer from The Wire is in it too, lol.

8.5/10

Dollhouse - A Spy In The House of Love

From strength to strength :D

Adele (under a false name) has been hiring Victor as a Bond-like Brit through repeat customer "Miss Lonely Heart" and seems to be in love with her.

Dominic was a spy working for the NSA, but was he the spy? And he's been Atticed.

Echo is aware that she is a doll.

Mellie outed herself to now super-obsessed-with-Dollhouse Paul, without knowing. Which know means the Dollhouse will be using her to find out info on Paul, and Paul will use her to find out info on the Dollhouse and she won't know any of it.

Oh and hello;

15x32bd.png

Edited by Ashley

Dollhouse wasn't, in my book, the most zomg episode yet, but certainly it kept with the recent standard and provided us with plenty of potential :) Shame it's not looking set for a second season.

Sarah Connor Chronicles, again pulled out a simply brilliant episode. It is such a shame that the start of this season and the end of the last were so slow and drawn out, because the last four/five episodes have just exploded the potential for the show... but my understanding is that this was the last ever episode... which is just, frankly, insulting, on many levels; by the network because they, again, refuse to give a sci fi show a decent run, and also by the show itself for doing the whole "screw you, we're going down so we're going to give you agony to remember us by".

The show really has developed and changed, from a RUN FROM THE TERMINATOR OF THE WEEK and LOOK HOW GIFTED A HACKER JOHN CONNOR IS show into one that actually looks at how John Connor is developing into the future saviour of mankind. I don't want to spoil any of the 2nd season for anyone, but I will just say that the secondary cast was utterly shite, useless, and hugely distracting and detrimental to the show on the whole. SCC's schedule change to help boost Dollhouse was especially damaging when combined with the latter show's poor openiong 6 episodes, which just lends the fanboy extra reason to be angry at the studio.

With the Salvation movie coming out, the studio must surely reconsider their choices. If another season could be tied closer to the movie's storyline then Fox would be wise to pump more money into it (and the tie isn't that far of a stretch...)

Dollhouse

awesome, again. I love how this is becoming a thriller without memory. It's really very clever in using that to reset the expectations of character roles, genre conventions etc. It's very good. Also, Echo in leather...hello!

Terminator.

as above. If only they hadn't fucked about so much with the secondary cast. The buildup to this episode from around the time of the Jimmy Carter episodes has been amazing. Quality finale though, for what it's worth. I wouldn't want a 3rd season on where it ended though.

To be fair to Fox (the network that airs T:SCC) they've kept it on during really shit ratings and from what I understand with talking with a few fans, Fox told the creator not to do the episodes that ended up shit but he did them anyway. They'll probably renew it, with T4 due soon that's bound to attract more people to it.

SCC

THERE MUST BE MORE!

So help me, I will go own on my hands and knees before the Fox executives and beg if I have to!

This is by far the most intelligent, well-acted and entertaining piece of television since Battlestar Galactica. There is no equal on television as it is, and I genuinely believe there will not be a better series for a long time to come.

The Office Season 5, Episode 20-21

Awesome. The storyline is very interesting atm and I'm eager to see where it goes/hope everything goes well for everyone. Stringer from The Wire is in it too, lol.

8.5/10

The Gervais shit? I thought that only lasted 2 seasons?

SCC

THERE MUST BE MORE!

So help me, I will go own on my hands and knees before the Fox executives and beg if I have to!

This is by far the most intelligent, well-acted and entertaining piece of television since Battlestar Galactica. There is no equal on television as it is, and I genuinely believe there will not be a better series for a long time to come.

I've really enjoyed the last four/five episodes, but it really abused its own reputation for about 12 eps in a row. As Dan mentioned above (and as I did before him :P) the secondary cast were useless; a massively uninteresting waste of screen time. I think the series only really got awesome when they knew they were getting cancelled, which is annoying because they can practically do anything whatsoever because they'll never actually have to resolve anything (As Carnivale did, too).

BSG, The Wire and (personally) Lost were/are the best things on TV. Kings is the current prospect but Ashley has informed me that's already been cancelled too. Badlands is showing minute potential, too... But my general feeling with SCC is that it was a let-down, and totally their fault that they got cancelled. I'm currently getting into In Treatment, which is very well written and, usually, very well acted -- it's just not got the massive mankind-spanning scope that shows like BSG and SCC can offer.

Don't give up on TV just yet :P

The Gervais shit? I thought that only lasted 2 seasons?

... Pretty obvious that it's not the Gervais shit then :| The US show.

South Park: Fishsticks

Best of the Season so far, so many laughs from me.

The ending was brilliant. Gay Fish is a classic! :grin:

___

I also watched a lot of Simpsons episodes, I watched a lot more but I'll name a few. :) I'm liking Season 11 a lot more now and I've always had a soft spot for Season 12 even when Homer is getting raped by a Panda, I found that hilarious when I was younger...

Saddlesore Galactica

Jockey elves.

if it is an episode that sticks its middle finger up to the fans then I like it a lot more, stupidly brave!

These episodes are as clever but they still make me laugh. :)

The Wife Aquatic

A season 18 episode, which I really like! There are some good laughs to be had and strangely I liked this character fausto. I thought he was hilarious even though he didn't do anything. I love the story and the animation is beautiful in this, especially the wave sequence!

Pokey Mom

Michal Keaton plays jack well but the character himself is a bit bland as you know where the story is going from the start. Homers B-story was much more interesting with him becoming an illegal Chyropracter with his bin!

The ending to Homers story is great!

Little Big Mom

Stupid Sexy Flanders! :grin: I love that snow scene, I think it is excellent.

He Loves to Wine and He Doh's

Some good jokes and Barney becoming Sober made for an interesting story in my eyes and the fact that he kept like that for several seasons. I think until Season 14 when you see him on the floor drunk while Lisa is training for her Spelling B.

It's a Mad Mad Mad Marge

I like Marge episodes. Have done ever Since Season 17! I like the character of Becky and I like it when Marge gets Paranoid and the fact that Becky was going to but couldn't get a shovel from the store.

I want to get this on DVD now but still haven't got Season 10. Gah!

Alone again natura-diddly

Hmm... dubious. I'm a fan of how Maude dies I thought that was funny but I didn't like the way Homer acted in this episode. I think they should have focused more on Ned getting over maude than setting him up with people. (though the dates he went on were funny!) and it was a set up for another episode.

I'm going to Praiseland

Fun. Ned was a bit creepy to begin with trying to turn his love interest from season 11 into Maude but I liked how they did in this episode focus on him getting over Maude also having a small tribute to her in a Christian theme park thingy. The hallucinations were funny and the return of the Orphans briefly was sweet.

Also I liked the ending. I wander if they will bring back Ned's love interest for a 3rd time. It has been a while though.

E-I-E-I-Do'h!

TOMACCO Completely wacky episode but I think handled well. very funny.

Edited by Coolness Bears

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!