Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Can you learn English in one month?

Dog-amoto

Top flight italian coach, apparently a demanding, no-nonsense kind of a bastard. He plays to win.

FABIO CAPELLO FACTFILE

1946: Born in San Canzian d'Isonzo, Gorizia, Italy

1964: Makes pro debut for Ferrara side SPAL

1973: Scores as Italy beat England at Wembley for first time

1991: Appointed head coach of AC Milan

1992: Wins first of four Italian league titles with Milan

1994: Milan beat Barcelona 4-0 in European Cup final

1997: Wins Spanish league with Real Madrid

2001: Guides Roma to their first Scudetto for 18 years

2004: Wins Scudetto in first season with Juventus

2007: Guides Real to La Liga during his second spell

I feel like if I knew anything about football I'd have to close or merge this thread. But since the entire topic is lost on me, I'll have to pass....

Same for me...

Anyway, it depends on your situation and ability. If you're already multi-lingual in other European languages, and have a girft for language, then one month is probably within the realms of possibility. But the same wouldn't be true for say, someone who only spoke Arabic, even if they were intelligent.

As England manager. Far from it. He was a very decent manager, lost very few matches.

The only thing that let him down was the piece of shit media this country has, delved too far into his private life.

He lost the matches against half decent teams. He had a good record 'cos we played teams like a drunken Jamaica. The first half decent team we faced in the world cup we lost.

He lost the matches against half decent teams. He had a good record 'cos we played teams like a drunken Jamaica. The first half decent team we faced in the world cup we lost.

I remember us beating Germany and the current world leaders Argentina under Sven...

We narrowly lost to Brazil in 2002 who went on to win the World Cup. We destroyed Croatia under Sven, a team McDonut couldn't beat.

I remember us beating Germany and the current world leaders Argentina under Sven...

We narrowly lost to Brazil in 2002 who went on to win the World Cup. We destroyed Croatia under Sven, a team McDonut couldn't beat.

I agree with you, the media made too much of it. England won games, but the football wasn't as spectacular as it should have been. Nevertheless, they won games.

With McClaren, they played worse and underperformed. Far too much of the blame was placed on Sven. At the end of the day, he's not one of the 11 players on the pitch.

As for the question in hand: Of course you can learn English in a month, if you set your mind to it. He seems like a very, very determined guy. I doubt he'll be up to the standard of a university graduate, for example, but he doesn't need to be. As long as he can get his point across, then thats all he needs to know.

Daniel Tammet learned Icelandic, one of the most difficult language to learn, in just one week. So it is possible, it just depends on the person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Tammet

Tammet is capable of learning new languages very quickly. To prove this for the Channel Five documentary, Tammet was challenged to learn Icelandic in one week. Seven days later he appeared on Icelandic television conversing in Icelandic, with his Icelandic language instructor saying it was "not human." Segments of the interview showing Tammet responding to questions in Icelandic, were televised on the January 28, 2007 edition of the American news show 60 Minutes.

The guy is nuts btw:

Tammet holds the European record for memorising and recounting pi to 22,514 digits in just over five hours