• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan

Well theres a 4.00 PSP firmware update coming out tomorrow. Apparently it adds "search google" on the XMB and thats it.

I'll be waiting for an M33 version mind...

Shuhei Yoshida Interview

Q: Explain the reasoning behind the cancellation of Eight Days and The Getaway.

Shuhei Yoshida: As you might know, starting and cancelling projects is just a normal part of our business. What's unusual about this case is that we usually don't announce titles until we have a really good feel, until they're getting ready and we have an idea of launch day.

The situation was that because we started talking about the PS3 in 2005-6, the idea concepts that became the Eight Days and The Getaway projects had something very representative of things that we think will define this generation of game development - the particles, the fantastic explosions, and so on.

So company management decided to show it as an example, as a demo, not necessarily meaning that they were titles to come. It could have been a little bit confusing because there were lots of announcements of actual titles, but because of timing we made the unusual decision to announce those two at a very early stage of development.

Shuhei Yoshida Interview

Q: Explain the reasoning behind the cancellation of Eight Days and The Getaway.

Shuhei Yoshida: As you might know, starting and cancelling projects is just a normal part of our business. What's unusual about this case is that we usually don't announce titles until we have a really good feel, until they're getting ready and we have an idea of launch day.

The situation was that because we started talking about the PS3 in 2005-6, the idea concepts that became the Eight Days and The Getaway projects had something very representative of things that we think will define this generation of game development - the particles, the fantastic explosions, and so on.

So company management decided to show it as an example, as a demo, not necessarily meaning that they were titles to come. It could have been a little bit confusing because there were lots of announcements of actual titles, but because of timing we made the unusual decision to announce those two at a very early stage of development.

This is hilarious. Representative of what will define this generation - particles, fantastic explosion, and so on." Brilliant. How can someone sound so simple and be so very wrong :D

HELP

Okay, so Ive put two videos (AVIs) that I want to watch on my My Videos folder, located inside My Documents on my PC.

I go to my PS3 and select the videos section, and select my PC, I go to All Videos, and it says "There are no titles"

Epic lame, does anyone know whats up?

Thanks from the future.

Atleast it was confirmed on the US playstation blog that 2.4 is bringing in game XMB and trophies.

yeah I read that on IGN;

US, June 17, 2008 - Looks like the rumors of in-game XMB support and game trophies were true. In a recent Playstation.Blog post, Eric Lempel, director of PlayStation Network Operations, explained that a new firmware update, v2.36, will be coming soon. This impending release will improve system stability with specific PlayStation titles. However, the big news of his blog post was that the upcoming firmware 2.40 will indeed feature "'XMB access' in-game" as well as trophies and other enhancements. While no release date or other details were mentioned, Lempel stated that official information within this update would be coming shortly.

Rumours flying around that we will now be seeing it mid-july.

I just had a thought...i hope Sony announce a new Jak and Daxter at E3...but along the lines of the magical first one..and none of this GTA type stuff...I want really cartoony colourful graphics and bright worlds..like the good-old platformers!

Bah! I'd just switched on my PS3 and was all ready to play MGS3 for a bit but nooooo! got to wait for this rubbish update which does nothing. >< Phail...

At least 360 updates are mercifully short... >>

Stops the HDD from corrupting.

It does? I didn't know it was in any danger of corrupting :/ but ok... if the update is to prevent that then it's valid, I was just kinda dismayed cos I wanted to play MGS3 and now I have to wait. T.T

Hmm I might play on my Wii... cept I really can't be bothered :/ I could switch on my 360... but I don't want to play it atm... >> meh I'll just watch Family Guy for a bit, the update will finish soon enough I'm sure. :smile:

Anyone know if these are actually worth it? from comments I've read they seem better for some games than others, feel better than the original triggers but make light presses more difficult? :wtf:

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/5675248/Gioteck-Real-Triggers-For-PS3/Product.html

I thought they seemed like a good idea, was just wodnering if anyone has any and what they think of them.

Here's some FF news which is a little disappointing to be honest.

Square Enix's grandiose plans for a Final Fantasy XIII three-way appear to be a bit stalled. The action oriented spin-off known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII may be coming even later than expected, which should come as a surprise to absolutely no one. According to an interview with Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura in the newest issue of Famitsu, he explains that development is the side story is currently "on hold," with development staff of that game now tasked with getting FFXIII out the door.

Given that it's been over two years since Square Enix first showed off its FFXIII offerings and we're still getting trailers devoid of gameplay, we certainly don't expect to see Final Fantasy XIII until well into 2009. We'll pencil in Versus for 2013 or so.

Let's give it up for ten-year console life cycles!

DISSIDIA: Final Fantasy? 50 percent done. So says the game's character designer Tetsuya Nomura in the upcoming issue of Japanese game mag Famitsu. This shouldn't come as a huge surprise as only half the cast has been revealed. That, and Square Enix does like to take its sweet time putting out its games. There's no rush, we guess.

Source: Kotaku

Guest Jordan

Screen protectors suck i find. Just use a carry case when you're not using it. Simple.

Component cable... The offical Sony one works quite well. But you'll have to import it, as afaik it isn't out here.

Yay, my FF PSP arrived today, is so sexy! <3. Shame I messed up putting the screen protector on, one annoying air bubble in the center xD

Just wondering, which component cable should I get so I can play it through my TV?

Wooo! Am jealous :P

My order for FF Crisis Core went though, i was gunna send it back but my mom said she'd pay for it. Nice of her to do that, just hope the game is actually worth £29 now.

Screen protectors suck i find. Just use a carry case when you're not using it. Simple.

Component cable... The offical Sony one works quite well. But you'll have to import it, as afaik it isn't out here.

I got this awesome thing which is like a frontal case/see through, you keep it on, can still access all buttons fine and it protects it. I used to have to leave it out (as couldnt find a decent carry case) but now I can put it away without fear of it being scratched. :bowdown:

I have my PS3 linked to my PC through the Media Server option. How do I copy music files over though? Only a very few actually let me copy them over. What's the deal here? I mean they're not protected files or anything so surely there should be no problem?