• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like there are many similarities between the first Jak and Daxter and Jak 2/3 so it's hardly surprising that someone might like the first game and think the sequels are abominations.

No, but it was mostly a joke.

I remember playing Jak 2 and really enjoying it, it was a bit more difficult and taken in a different style. I'll be getting them either way, one of my favourites! :bowdown:

Just incase you guys didnt know, because I didnt until someone else told me. The spikes in Spelunky only kill you if you land on them, you can walk through them just fine. There are also a load more hidden things that can be done in the game but I cant be bothered to list them or dont know a lot of them. Just remember the most important one is probably saving the damsel so you get an extra heart when you finish a level.

Edited by Happenstance

Just incase you guys didnt know, because I didnt until someone else told me. The spikes in Spelunky only kill you if you land on them, you can walk through them just fine. There are also a load more hidden things that can be done in the game but I cant be bothered to list them or dont know a lot of them. Just remember the most important one is probably saving the damsel so you get an extra heart when you finish a level.

My tip is don't piss off the shopkeepers. :p

Unless there is a shotgun to 'buy'. Steal it and shoot that motherfucker into oblivion :laughing:

If you steel from him and you get away, he will wait at the end of the next level and wreck your shit.

I did that, then shot him, and he still lived and killed me. Best bet is to activate a boulder trap and let it wreck his shit, but he'll still come after you later. :p

Got the downloads for Jak and Daxter today, hnng, forgot how much I love the first game. Its kept me occupied all day!

Indeed. The first game is simply fantastic.

I finished the PS3 version a while back so i'm playing the Vita version. Unfortunately its very ropey, with frame rate drops all over the place. Still, its nice to play again. :D

Decided to finish of Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time. I hadn't touched it in ages, so I had no idea what I was doing.

It also tuned out that I was 20 minutes before the penultimate boss, and I manged to complete it.

I think I need to go though the earlier ones and then play this again.

I'd be very happy if they released CiT on PS+. Plus has been very useful for a few games and has already proved great value for money, but it has also reminded me how picky I am with games now. I don't touch 90% of the stuff that comes out on the service.

Not understanding the love for Jak and Daxter. Terrible camera, dodgy jumping controls and shoddy voice acting which tries to be funny, but falls flat on its face.

And that &*%$£!# fishing game!!! Fair enough if it was an optional minigame, but as a requirement to advance in the game?? Maybe I'm just too uncoordinated, but it's far too hard, especially seeing as the controls are too sensitive. Terrible game design.

To hold this in the same regard as 3D Mario games is waaaaay off. :nono:

Even if they charge £40 (I doubt) for the full pack, that's technically £20 per game. And the Vita will let us buy them separately. :)

Just hope the Vita version is good. I hope because they're sort of remaking it that it's optimised for each machine (no porting issues).

Oh, talking about FFX HD, are we?

Let me just throw this into the equation:

Hearing the original takes me back...many, many, many hours spent on stat-maxing just to beat Penance. Never did it, though :( I think I was 15 or something when I played it.

Loved it and pretty much because of that game a mate and I became best friends :D

That arranged battle music...amazing. :bowdown:

Man, Dark Aeons again... I remember encountering them on the way back to places and getting enraaaged.

We can always Yojimbo the fuck out of this situation. ;)

Oh, anyone remember this sidequest for the Sun Sigil? I remember it causing me soooo much frustration when I was a kid:

Edited by Sheikah

Man, Dark Aeons again... I remember encountering them on the way back to places and getting enraaaged.

We can always Yojimbo the fuck out of this situation. ;)

Oh, anyone remember this sidequest for the Sun Sigil? I remember it causing me soooo much frustration when I was a kid:

I remember doing a perfect run up till the end where I got mauled by birds giving me like 1 second over....

Hardest for me tho was that bull that you had to do for Kimahri's ultimate weapon. Never achieved it and thus was the only ultimate weapon i didn't get. Geez now I want this.