• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Knights and Witches sale starts on PS Store today

Listen well, brave adventurers. Equip your finest gear (wallet), for you shall be enjoying some substantial savings on a grand range of games. Enjoy the likes of Namco Bandai’s magical Ni No Kuni or EA’s Dragon Age: Origins in our Knights and Witches sale. Offers go live this afternoon and run until 22nd May 2013.

We’re happy to also reveal that ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD and Demon’s Souls will be PS Plus titles in June. Both titles feature in today’s sale just in case you aren’t a PS Plus subscriber.

PlayStation 3(with additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers)

Black Knight Sword

Was €9.99/£7.99, now €3.99/£3.19

Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss

Was €12.99/£9.99, now €6.49/£5.19

Demon’s Souls

Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Note: Coming to PS Plus in June

Dragon’s Lair

Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Dragon’s Lair II: Time Warp

Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance

Was €12.99/£9.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Fat Princess: Supersize Anniversary Bundle

Was €14.99/£11.99, now €7.99/£6.49

Game of Thrones

Was €39.99/£29.99, now €14.99/£11.99

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD

Was €24.99/£19.99, now €12.99/£10.99

Note: Coming to PS Plus in June

ICO Classics HD

Was €17.99/£13.99, now €8.99/£7.29

Medieval Moves

Was €14.99/£10.99, now €9.99/£7.99

MediEvil Resurrection

Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.19

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Was €59.99/£49.99, now €29.99/£19.99

Rune Factory Oceans

Was €49.99/£39.99, now €19.99/£15.99

Trine 2

Was €11.25/£8.99, now €4.49/£3.69

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

Was €9.99/€7.99, now €3.99/£3.19

PlayStation 3(no PS Plus discount)

Dragon Age: Origins

€19.99/£15.99, now €7.99/£6.49

Dragon Age II

Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

PSOne

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Was €5.99/£4.79, now €2.49/£1.99

MediEvil

Was €4.99/£3.99, now €2.49/£1.99

I may give Demon’s Souls another try. It was terrible when I rented from Lovefilm but perhaps I wasn't in the right mood (I tool one look at the inventory screen and sent it back).

Ugh, fine. I guess I'll play Ni No Kuni. Really glad I haven't bought it yet.

I'm also really pleased we're getting the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus collection next month. I've never played ICO and I've been meaning to replay Shadow of the Colossus for ages.

This makes up for this month.

Wish I hadn't bought Ico/SoC a few months ago, not even played it yet and now I could've had it free :sad:

I bought Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One for £35 at launch, never played it, and a year later they gave it away for free. And I held off on buying The Unfinished Swan for months, only to end up buying it a week before it was 50% off. :cry:

Everything should stay the same price forever. It's the only fair way.

Yes at SotC. That's the one game I feel like I missed from last gen.

I still have Demon's Souls on disc from when I imported it, it was such a joy to play when everyone was getting to grips with the online mode and little was known about the core mechanics and mysteries. It actually felt like a privilege to own because it wasn't released for some time in the UK and very few were talking about it. Didn't they take down the servers though?

If you enjoyed Dark Souls you should obviously give it a try. I think I prefer it to Dark Souls because the hub works really well and it's a more manageable length (LUL). It has a disappointing 'final boss' but the environments are more intimate and sinister.

Edited by dwarf

YES, finally Shadow of the Colossus on Plus! :D

Demon Souls is the one before Dark Souls right?... any good? What the difference?

It's very good. Demon's Souls is perhaps a bit less fleshed out than Dark Souls but no less awesome.

People should definitely pick up Ni No Kuni for £20.

The Unfinished Swan had a few cool ideas, not convinved it deserved all the plaudits though. Felt like a tech demo in that it was almost awe-inspiring in places, it just wasn't a cohesive game overall.

And after an extended hiatus to beat Infamous 2 and this, it's time to get monstered by a cheap boss on Dark Souls for the 15th time.

Edit: I think grating my own face off would be more enjoyable than this.

THANK SHIT! Done it. Bed of Chaos goes down as the worst boss I've ever encountered.

Edited by dwarf

Went through Thomas was Alone, really nice puzzle game with a simple but engaging story that makes you want to keep going. Think I completed it in 3-4 sessions in total.

I'm also playing The Cave, it's a bit stop start as at various points I get completely stuck and have to resort to glancing a walk through for a step in the right direction. Without doing so, I'd be stuck forever. The humour is quite good too.

Even though I spoiled the last few areas of the game by playing it at a friends', I bought Journey and floated through the first half. The part where you're sliding down the glistening golden sands (from rights to left) as you gaze through the temple columns at the imposing mountain top is jaw dropping. Gee. Most beautiful moment in a game?

Tales of Symphonia and sequel getting HD PS3 remake - report

Acclaimed GameCube and PS2 role-player Tales of Symphonia is to be re-released on PlayStation 3, a new report suggests.

The Tales of Symphonia: Perfect Edition pack will also include the game's Wii-exclusive sequel Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Both games will feature jazzed up HD visuals.

Tales series boss Hideo Baba teased the Perfect Edition to Spanish site Koi-Nya, and said it would be "a representation of the dreams and hopes of the fans, who have long been wanting it".

Tales of Symphonia scored an impressive 9/10 upon its 2004 GameCube release.

"It may be clichéd, and altogether a little too bright and happy for its own good, but Tales of Symphonia is nonetheless epic, enjoyable, and superbly constructed," Rob Fahey wrote, "and deserves an audience far in excess of merely the hardcore JRPG fans who will undoubtedly snap it up with glee."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-13-tales-of-symphonia-and-sequel-getting-hd-ps3-remake-report

This would be pretty cool. I had Symphonia on the Gamecube but never got too far into it, dont think I had the patience back then for RPGs so I would like to play it again.

Oh god... if that's true, then just take my money now! :D

Tales of Symphonia in HD would be glorious, obviously being that the games were on Nintendo consoles first I'd prefer the option to buy it on Wii U but being that the PS3 already has the decent Tales of Graces f plus the soon to be released Tales of Xillia... it would seem to make sense.

Either way, whichever console it comes out on, this will be a day 1 purchase as I love the original. :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-13-tales-of-symphonia-and-sequel-getting-hd-ps3-remake-report

This would be pretty cool. I had Symphonia on the Gamecube but never got too far into it, dont think I had the patience back then for RPGs so I would like to play it again.

Fuck yeah!

I had it on Cube and never played it and then sold it!

You're crazy! Never played it?!