• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone played "disgaea 3" is it any good? also is it sorta like shining force?

ReZ loves the Disgaea series. Of course, he also loves Uncharted 2 as well as the Green Lantern movie, so it's hard to know if something's going to be good or bad just based on his recommendation. :heh:

It's a turn-based strategy RPG, so yeah, it's similar to Shining Force, Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre, etcetera. What makes it stand out is the massive amounts of customization and the (largely optional, from what I understand) level grinding (level 1000 being the maximum in the first game), as well as a humorous story involving some really strange characters.

You'd probably enjoy it if you like strategy RPGs and don't mind long games that involve a lot of combat.

even thou white knight chronicles didnt get the best reviews in the world is it still worth a play?

I haven't played the second game yet, but the first one was a decent rpg. Nothing wrong with it, but it's not AAA title either. I think I liked the story but I can't remember any of it though. Gameplay is pretty good too if I remember correctly... You can certaintly do a lot worse on PS3 so buy it if interests you. The second includes the first game in the triology.

If you like trophies the games are absolute bitch. It's pretty much the definition of farming. Rumours had it you had to spend between 400 and 1000 hours to get platinum.

I haven't played the second game yet, but the first one was a decent rpg. Nothing wrong with it, but it's not AAA title either. I think I liked the story but I can't remember any of it though. Gameplay is pretty good too if I remember correctly... You can certaintly do a lot worse on PS3 so buy it if interests you. The second includes the first game in the triology.

If you like trophies the games are absolute bitch. It's pretty much the definition of farming. Rumours had it you had to spend between 400 and 1000 hours to get platinum.

WTF!!!! THAT IS MENTAL.

Yeah you constantly need to go through this endgame crap to find pirates. Disgaea is decent, I have to say that it does tire after a while and the production values are quite budget. Looks like a PS2 game that they ported to PS3.

Yeah. It's dead. Happened to me two weeks ago.

Tough luck.

Then yellow? :(

About three years or so old?

+ Me about three or so weeks ago, obv. Lulz.

It's about 3 years old yeah but no the light doesn't go yellow.... just stays flashing red.... FUUUUUUUCKK. No way I can afford a new one FUCK! SO MAD! How much do repairs cost? Wheres the number for Sony's official line etc...?

What happens exactly? Mine would just suddenly switch off after about 10/15 minutes and the red light would keep flashing until I switched off the machine from the back. I think it finally got the yellow light after a few days of me trying to run it into the ground to make sure. Managed to cloud save all my saves doing that.

I think Rez's went strange to the YLOD.

You can find Sony's number in the manual to every game.

Edited by Daft

Should be able to find a repair for less than £70 somewhere. I would do some local searches to see if any PC places offer a fixing service, as its a simple job and a lot of them do. As I gather some places even pick up. But yeah. Sorry man. It sux. :(

I still think its a bit of a coincidence though that after this update, three of us lose oe. But meh.

:( aye is a tad weird that a few "break" after an update.

cheers for advice on disgaea 3 once done with dirt3 and mgs4 will see if can find cheap and give a go see what think. Thats mad thou that plat can be between 400-1000 hours thats just taking the pi$$

What happens exactly? Mine would just suddenly switch off after about 10/15 minutes and the red light would keep flashing until I switched off the machine from the back. I think it finally got the yellow light after a few days of me trying to run it into the ground to make sure. Managed to cloud save all my saves doing that.

I think Res's went strange to the YLOD.

You can find Sony's number in the manual to every game.

I switch it on and it goes blue light then instantly to red flashing light which it does indefintely....

even thou white knight chronicles didnt get the best reviews in the world is it still worth a play?

ReZ loves the Disgaea series. Of course, he also loves Uncharted 2 as well as the Green Lantern movie, so it's hard to know if something's going to be good or bad just based on his recommendation. :heh:

It's a turn-based strategy RPG, so yeah, it's similar to Shining Force, Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre, etcetera. What makes it stand out is the massive amounts of customization and the (largely optional, from what I understand) level grinding (level 1000 being the maximum in the first game), as well as a humorous story involving some really strange characters.

You'd probably enjoy it if you like strategy RPGs and don't mind long games that involve a lot of combat.

Sorry I missed these.

Disgaea is actually one of my favourite games of all times. I havn't put much at all into the PS3 one though tbh...just due to time/I don't really see it as much of a console game after playing it so religiously on PS3. It is so good though. Level "grinding" can be really fun too....because you can level up items as well as characters. You enter each item and it has like 30 randomised levels on.

Its really funny too. So much customisation. Its so fun.

Its basically Rainbow Chess on steroids, as I described it elsewhere recently.

I switch it on and it goes blue light then instantly to red flashing light which it does indefintely....

Yeah, that's what mine did by the end of it. Weird how they all went differently.

Rez's straight up YLOD'd.

Yours straight up got a blinky red light.

Mine worked for a bit and then blinky red light until it only blinky red light'd.

Blinking red light also means a loose connection like HDMI cable, I think. You might want to check.

Yeah, that's what mine did by the end of it. Weird how they all went differently.

Rez's straight up YLOD'd.

Yours straight up got a blinky red light.

Mine worked for a bit and then blinky red light until it only blinky red light'd.

Blinking red light also means a loose connection like HDMI cable, I think. You might want to check.

Have double checked everything like that....

Totally sucks I'm going to Canada for a month soon so no way I can afford a new one....fuck this totally 100% sucks ass!

Why, what's wrong with yours?

Have double checked everything like that....

Totally sucks I'm going to Canada for a month soon so no way I can afford a new one....fuck this totally 100% sucks ass!

There's a price cut coming apparently so it isn't the worst time, I guess.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!