• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Facebook confirmed for PS3

A source close to Sony has told Eurogamer that yes, Facebook is heading to PS3.

The images of the service that appeared on the PlayStation website - caught by Scrawl before removal - were posted by mistake, we're told.

The official Sony UK PR line is that there will be more information on this "very shortly".

Could Sony introduce Facebook to PS3 before Microsoft can to Xbox 360? Live, remember, gains Last.fm, Twitter and Facebook as part of a social update sometime this autumn period.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/facebook-confirmed-for-ps3

It would be very funny if the PS3 got it before the 360.

I'm still waiting for 4oD on the PS3, anyway.

The last thing I need is Facebook on my PS3. It's the only device I have left that doesn't have bloody facebook.

That's the thing though, everything has it so it's pretty much a non-issue. I think it's utterly pointless because you can tell that it'll be a link to the browser and not be an integrated client. If It was an integrated client it might be kind of nifty, but yeah...whatever, it's free. :heh:

I'm more interested about the PSN ID Colour option.

Well I don't personally care all that much about facebook coming to playstation its another example of sony showing why you simply don't have to pay for xbox live.

When it was announced that Netflix was coming to PSN, some Microsoft exec defended it by saying well we have "facebook and twitter which is generations ahead of Sony) Pah BS I'm calling on that. I hope that they include intergration that lets you add facebook friends on PSN and visa-versa other than that I wouldn't really use it...

I've never had a problem with a console breaking down before but my brother's PS3 seems to have stopped recognising discs :hmm:

We were playing FIFA 10 last night and all of a sudden we heard a weird sound come from the PS3 and the commentary/crowd noise disappeared from the game. It didn't turn off after that so we had to pull out the plug and it has only been put back on again today. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be recognising the discs as nothing seems to happen when they are inserted :sad:

I guess we will have to get onto Sony about it unless any of you have an idea what the problem could be?

My brother told me to have a look through one of the drawers in his room and I found the receipt he got with the PS3 and he paid for two years warranty, which he is still under :smile:

I guess we'll have to take it into GAME to see what they can do for him!

DUDE! I never knew you had access to a PS3 get me added for some FIFA!

I think it's utterly pointless because you can tell that it'll be a link to the browser and not be an integrated client. If It was an integrated client it might be kind of nifty, but yeah...whatever, it's free. :heh:

It's probably more integrated than you think, otherwise it wouldn't come under the Account Settings section; if it was just a link to the website the browser could just make use of a Cookie. Not that it will necessarily be a bespoke application, but I wouldn't be surprised if your PS3 will feed info to Facebook whilst playing games and the like, or vice versa.

I've been thinking more about facebook guess the stupid thing is we can get on facebook when anyway with the browser so if it doesn't offer an PSN link up whats they point?

TWO PIECES OF SONY RELATED NEWS;

media?id=3770502&type=lg

Since the PlayStation Portable's initial launch, it's been a disappointment each time a game supports ad hoc multiplayer but not online multiplayer. Last year, Sony released adhocParty in Japan, a service allowing PSP owners to connect to their PS3s, enabling online play for select PSP games that otherwise only support ad hoc multiplayer. After a long wait with no indication that we'd ever see it come to North America, Sony announced today that adhocParty is on its way to North America "soon."

After connecting through your PS3, you'll be able to communicate with people you're playing with through both your PS3 headset and PlayStation Eye camera. That should greatly improve the level of communication that is otherwise lacking, as anyone who has ever played a PSP game online can attest. Doing so will require that you have a headset or PS Eye, so it's unlikely you'll see as many people chatting as you do in a game over Xbox Live, but any improvement at all will be appreciated.

Sony will be revealing more details as we approach the release of adhocParty, which will be made available as a free download on the PlayStation Store.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176912

Good news saves trying to work out the JPN version, hopefully we will see EU version, but if not US account can get a download...

and the not so good;

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=62&message.id=1651780#M1651780

Call of Duty Classic, released on the Store on Tuesday was a mistake by SCEE. It was only supposed to be available to people who got a voucher from buying MW2, it was NOT supposed to be released to the public hence why it has been removed.

It will probably get released later on after the hype of MW2 has died down.

If you did buy it when it was on the store then well done, you get to keep it!

Hey guys,

COD Classic has been removed as it was never supposed to be available for purchase. There is currently a promotion running for purchasers of the MW2 hardened/prestige pack which gives users a voucher code to claim COD Classic.

I'm trying to find out if it will be available for you to purchase soon, leave it with me

MB

hopefully it will reappear at some point, as I would have been interested in picking it up and not having to have the hardened version of MW2

What would people here say are the best PSN games (Including PS1 Classics, not including PSP games), for Under $8? I'm not sure exactly how the prices translate in the UK, but those are the ones in the price range of the cheaper PS1 games, wolfenstein, ect.

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocked Powered Battle Cars is a steal at £3.99 right now.

Haven't heard anybody talk about it on here but I recommend you lot fork out on it while it's on offer.

It's online only but is really well done.

Seen it doesn't really look all that to be honest. Is it just a bit of silly fun?

Seen it doesn't really look all that to be honest. Is it just a bit of silly fun?

No no no, it's a great little online game - very competitive.

It's like a cross between fifa and speedball except in cars!

Very very underated on here - it's £3.99 right now snap it up!