NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Anyone else get an email from Sony that gives you a code to download a free movie from PSN? I got one the other week but there was no code in the email and now I have just received another one saying sorry and with a code intact.

Hitman Absolution Digital Edition

Was €59.99/£49.99, now €23.99/£19.69

PS Plus members note: This title will be added to your Instant Game Collection on 1st May

That's nice of them to point out.

The bad news is that we're getting Hitman Absolution on PS+ next month.

That Sale is pretty win! :D

Especially as almost literally bought Deus Ex last night on Amazon, and now it's £4.30 with Plus! :D

How good is the Deus Ex DLC?... I guess that's what the Complete Edition is? (@Captain Falcon)

I'm tempted just to go for the game by itself.

Also...

‏@PlayStationEU

It's a good day to be a PS Plus member: 20% off Guacamelee!, 100% off Virtue's Last Reward

Don't know what that is really, any good?

Edited by Retro_Link

Well, if you like visual novels with amazing storylines paired with puzzles to solve you'll love it.

Should play its predecessor 999 first, though. NDS game, needs to be imported though. Never been released in Europe.

The store has to update soon...can't wait for Guacamelee :laughing:

Edit: oh maaaaan, the game is in the store but whenever I want to buy it an error occurs :(

Edit²: And downloading now :)

Edited by drahkon

That Sale is pretty win! :D

Especially as almost literally bought Deus Ex last night on Amazon, and now it's £4.30 with Plus! :D

How good is the Deus Ex DLC?... I guess that's what the Complete Edition is? (@Captain Falcon)

I'm tempted just to go for the game by itself.

Deus Ex Complete Edition is Deus Ex 1 and 2 for the PC.

Human Revolution comes in the following flavours.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - just the base game, nothing else.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited Edition - the base game plus the Explosive Mission Pack DLC

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition - base game, Explosive Mission Pack DLC, Tactical Enhancement Pack DLC, 12 song sound track, "making of" documentary, digital comic and artbook.

The Collectors Edition has everything in the Augmented Edition plus a Figurine of Adam and a numbered box.

The Missing Link DLC, the proper campaign story driven mode, can only be bought as a download and doesn't come with any version of the retail game. The Wii U version will include it however.

The Explosive Mission Pack grants you some Automatic Unlocking Devices, so you can hack anything regardless of your skill, and a Grenade Launcher upon completion of an additional 10-15min bonus mission. You also get some remote detonation explosives.

The Tactical Enhancement Pack gives you a Silenced Sniper Rifle, Double Barrelled Shotgun and 10,000 in game credits.

Without those bits of DLC, those items won't appear in the game at all - they aren't just giving you bits up front that you'd later find, pay-to-win style.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Deus Ex Complete Edition is Deus Ex 1 and 2 for the PC.

Human Revolution comes in the following flavours.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - just the base game, nothing else.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited Edition - the base game plus the Explosive Mission Pack DLC

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition - base game, Explosive Mission Pack DLC, Tactical Enhancement Pack DLC, 12 song sound track, "making of" documentary, digital comic and artbook.

The Collectors Edition has everything in the Augmented Edition plus a Figurine of Adam and a numbered box.

The Missing Link DLC, the proper campaign story driven mode, can only be bought as a download and doesn't come with any version of the retail game. The Wii U version will include it however.

The Explosive Mission Pack grants you some Automatic Unlocking Devices, so you can hack anything regardless of your skill, and a Grenade Launcher upon completion of an additional 10-15min bonus mission. You also get some additional remote detonation explosives.

The Tactical Enhancement Pack gives you a Silenced Sniper Rifle, Double Barrelled Shotgun and 10,000 in game credits.

Well there seems to be a Human Revolution Complete Edition too? :p

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Was €14.99/£10.99, now €5.99/£4.79

Additional 10% saving for PS Plus members

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Complete Edition

Was €24.99/£19.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Well there seems to be a Human Revolution Complete Edition too? :p

Well there was an Ultimate Edition on Mac which had all the DLC and a quick search shows it to be on the US PSN store too. One can only assume that the Complete Edition is infact the Ultimate Edition - so Human Revolution, Explosive Mission, Tactical Enhancement and The Missing Link. And given the pricing structure there, it stands to reason given it's 70% more expensive.

At £8 "all in", that's a bargain and a half. If you like the game, playing through it all and the DLC is a good 40hrs of entertainment and there is replay value to be gained by playing again with different skills. The main game took me about 35hrs, doing all the sidequests I came across, and the TML was another 8.

Oh yeah, I never answered the "how good" part of your question. TML is more of the same but that isn't a bad thing if you like what you're playing - plus the boss is way better than the ones in the main game. TML also features improeved graphics and enemy AI. The setting is more confined so you'll return to areas a bit more frequently but just getting to reset you skills and having to rely on your basics can prove rather refreshing. That you end up limited to so few upgrades makes each upgrade point you do spend more valuable and so it forces you to play to the strengths of your character who won't be able to do almost everything brilliantly like by the end of the main game. You approach every room differently to how you would in the main game. I really enoyed the DLC myself.

The Explosive Mission Pack mission is decent although short but the Grenade Launcher will be handy to keep on you until you fight the next boss which isn't that far away and could eliminate some stress there. Plus the Hacking Devices can be useful early on. Doing an extra mission also means more chances to gain exp and Praxis (upgrade) points.

The Tactical pack is a bit pointless really and you won't need the money as your limited inventory will see you flogging lots of the stuff you end up picking up anyway when you get the chance.

Edited by Captain Falcon

The bad news is that we're getting Hitman Absolution on PS+ next month.

Ugh, I'd take another Lord of the Rings game over Hitman: Absolution.

That's okay, it's not like you're a moderator on the Nintendo subforum or anything. :p

Does VLR have English VA or was that US only?

US only.

Well there was an Ultimate Edition on Mac which had all the DLC and a quick search shows it to be on the US PSN store too. One can only assume that the Complete Edition is infact the Ultimate Edition - so Human Revolution, Explosive Mission, Tactical Enhancement and The Missing Link. And given the pricing structure there, it stands to reason given it's 70% more expensive.

At £8 "all in", that's a bargain and a half. If you like the game, playing through it all and the DLC is a good 40hrs of entertainment and there is replay value to be gained by playing again with different skills. The main game took me about 35hrs, doing all the sidequests I came across, and the TML was another 8.

Oh yeah, I never answered the "how good" part of your question. TML is more of the same but that isn't a bad thing if you like what you're playing - plus the boss is way better than the ones in the main game. TML also features improeved graphics and enemy AI. The setting is more confined so you'll return to areas a bit more frequently but just getting to reset you skills and having to rely on your basics can prove rather refreshing. That you end up limited to so few upgrades makes each upgrade point you do spend more valuable and so it forces you to play to the strengths of your character who won't be able to do almost everything brilliantly like by the end of the main game. You approach every room differently to how you would in the main game. I really enoyed the DLC myself.

The Explosive Mission Pack mission is decent although short but the Grenade Launcher will be handy to keep on you until you fight the next boss which isn't that far away and could eliminate some stress there. Plus the Hacking Devices can be useful early on. Doing an extra mission also means more chances to gain exp and Praxis (upgrade) points.

The Tactical pack is a bit pointless really and you won't need the money as your limited inventory will see you flogging lots of the stuff you end up picking up anyway when you get the chance.

Yeah its an awesome game. One of the best and most unique of the generation. Get the main game on its own if you dont care about the extras. They hardly make or break the game :)

Back when i played the first Deus Ex on the PC before PS2 even launched it was an exciting time. Its sad to see games become more homogenized instead.

Playstation Plus May updates have been announced.

1st of May:

Hitman: Absolution [PS3]

Catherine [PS3]

MALICIOUS [ PS3]

8th of May:

Sine Mora [PS Vita]

Velocity Ultra HD [PS Vita]

Ive got a copy of Catherine and I really like all the stuff in the bar but I hate the puzzle sections, I never got around to completing it because of those.

Actually wanted to try Malicious. Don't think I'll have time to play any of those, though.

Aren't we meant to be getting Thomas Was Alone today?

I thought the Vita + stuff was on the 20th.

Edit:

10th April: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward

24th April: Thomas Was Alone

Didn't realise VLR was out.

Disappointing month (for me). I absolutely (teehee) hated Hitman: Absolution, and I already played Catherine nearly two years ago. Nothing else really appeals to me. *Goes back to Guacamelee*

Hitman Absolution has some amazing levels.

It's just that the majority of the game is awful.

Hitman: Absolution has some okay-ish levels that are nowhere near as good as the majority of levels in Blood Money.

You can't spell Silent Assassin without 'ass', is all I have to say on that subject.

I'll play Catherine for the bar stuff and probably just use a kind for the puzzles.

There's nothing kind about the puzzles.

damn autocorrect on phone....I meant guide lol.