NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Well Thomas was Alone is.....not a compelling gameplay experience at all. Danny Wallace's voiceover and the quotes printing on the screen discussing issues around AI are interesting. However the inane and dull block platforming makes it hard to keep motivated at all to listen to the rest of the narrative. I'd rather it was published as some kind of youtube video or a short audio "book". I'm all for the indie movement on PS3 right now but this is not one of the poster boys.

Well Thomas was Alone is.....not a compelling gameplay experience at all. Danny Wallace's voiceover and the quotes printing on the screen discussing issues around AI are interesting. However the inane and dull block platforming makes it hard to keep motivated at all to listen to the rest of the narrative. I'd rather it was published as some kind of youtube video or a short audio "book". I'm all for the indie movement on PS3 right now but this is not one of the poster boys.

At least it was better than Knytt Underground!

But yeah, I really enjoyed the narration, but the gameplay was so shallow. It's pretty neat how the game keeps introducing new types of blocks, but then it never really does anything interesting with them.

At least it was better than Knytt Underground!

But yeah, I really enjoyed the narration, but the gameplay was so shallow. It's pretty neat how the game keeps introducing new types of blocks, but then it never really does anything interesting with them.

Yeah I'm just past meeting the 3rd block. How long did it take you to beat it all in?

Three hours, maybe? Another reason I preferred it over Knytt Underground - it was a lot shorter. :heh:

Hitman weighs in at a hefty 17GB! Took about 3 minutes just to prepare the download to run in the background. Picked a good time to splash out on a new HDD though :)

Hitman weighs in at a hefty 17GB! Took about 3 minutes just to prepare the download to run in the background. Picked a good time to splash out on a new HDD though :)

fucking hell really?! Definitely going to have to wait till next month (billing month so only actually until 5th) to download that. It is a continuing issue as games get bigger and bigger.

Edited by flameboy

Just delete some junk, Flameboy.

Or even better: don't download Hitman: Absolution. :p

Just delete some junk, Flameboy.

Or even better: don't download Hitman: Absolution. :p

No I'm talking because of download cap not being able to afford a new HDD or anything. Only about 20GB from limit and can't account for other peoples Netflix usage.

With the size of these games I'm hoping

A) When we move end of this year we are covered by different company that offers unlimited internet.

B) PS4 let's you swap out HDD just as easy.

Sony CEO and 39 other executives give up bonuses in ‘unprecedented’ gesture

It's absurd that it's considered unprecedented for executive to forgo bonuses when their company is in the red. Still, it appears more and more that Kaz was the right choice to head up Sony.

You're right it is absurd. I've worked in Sales before and if people didn't hit their targets they didn't get bonuses end of....how come execs still do regardless of what they've done throughout the year.

So Sony's E3 conference is 2 IN THE FUCKING MORNING.

So Sony's E3 conference is 2 IN THE FUCKING MORNING.

The same time as last year.

I thought it was midnight last year.

I'll still be watching it.

Yeah I think it finished at 2 last year.

Fucking Hardcore! :DBRING IT ON!!!

Looking forward to the chat room fun!

Looks like I'm having a midday nap. Will definitely be up for their conference, looking forward to the chat room too. I think the PS4 is going to be our first Sony home console ever.

Can't remember from their feb reveal but can the PS4 play PS3 games?

Can't remember from their feb reveal but can the PS4 play PS3 games?

No. They're looking at a streaming solution, but it probably won't be available at launch.

Playing evil on Infamous 2 is as rewarding as playing hero in my book. Yeah the Ice Launch and Shield powers were mint but the Firebird can be used continuously for cross-city flight and the Kinetic Pulse & Rocket variations are much more devastating when you're a bastard. The ionic drain is actually pretty rad as well.

Playing evil on Infamous 2 is as rewarding as playing hero in my book. Yeah the Ice Launch and Shield powers were mint but the Firebird can be used continuously for cross-city flight and the Kinetic Pulse & Rocket variations are much more devastating when you're a bastard. The ionic drain is actually pretty rad as well.

Played both Infamous games on evil first time round and enjoyed them way more :D

I never seem to enjoy playing games as an evil character, it goes against the way I play games. I'm doing my renegade play through of the ME trilogy at the moment and feeling terrible every time I talk to someone!

When PSPlus 12 month memberships go on offer, what kind of price do they go for? Trying to decide if it's worth waiting for it to go down.

When PSPlus 12 month memberships go on offer, what kind of price do they go for? Trying to decide if it's worth waiting for it to go down.

I think the 12 month tends to go down from £39.99 to £29.99 if I remember right