NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Third Easter Special

PlayStation Europe ‏@PlayStationEU

Today’s PS Store Easter Egg Hunt offer: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - was €49.99/£39.99, now €19.99/£15.99

I bought tomb raider still worked out cheaper to buy a UK psn card than from here so got it. Just got to.wait till 4th for.internet cap to.lift.

Hey guys, just wanted your opinions on Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

This is the first in the Uncharted series and I am yet to play 2 and 3, but this first outing is so frustrating. Enemies take a ridiculous amount of bullets to die, repeating waves upon waves of enemies to kill, clumsy controls in platforming and physical combat is atrocious.

I've just finished the jet ski level which was also ridiculous. Jet skiing up a downward stream, with you having to control the jet ski (awful, awful controls there) as well as shooting enemies? I meant, WTF? Then the game throws those silly exploding barrels at you to make life even more frustrating.

Now, I don't mind a challenge but this game is just downright frustrating. I've heard the series does improve, but does anyone else share these thoughts on the fist game?

This is the first in the Uncharted series and I am yet to play 2 and 3, but this first outing is so frustrating. Enemies take a ridiculous amount of bullets to die, repeating waves upon waves of enemies to kill, clumsy controls in platforming and physical combat is atrocious.

Doesn't change in the other games. They only get more spectacular. Play the second installment and then stop, unless you only want more of the same with slightly prettier graphics.

Games are quite good but still overrated.

ReZ and dwarf will probably rape kill me now.

Edited by drahkon

I found the combat really frustrating in the first game and much better in the sequels - plus the mix between platforming and combat is much better.

No idea what Dr4khon is on about.

Yeah, the first was pretty average for the most part.

2 was brilliant. I cant really decide which I disliked more though, 1 or 3. Probably liked 3 the least I guess.

2>1>>>>GA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

I really don't like the third game, they cocked up the aiming and the level design was just bad for the most part. They have thankfully patched in new aiming to make it more like the second game.

I didn't notice any difference in the aiming. I pointed at people and shot them.

I dont remember the specifics but I know I didnt like the aiming either. 3 also had stupid difficulty spikes. I ended up just putting it on the easiest settings so I could finish the story then traded it in.

Glad I'm not the only one that felt the Uncharted series is overrated.

Don't think I'll bother persisting with the series. I've just finished the first and its frustrated me more than any other game this generation (maybe in my whole gaming experience). Surprised as it seemed like my cup of tea. There is a decent game underneath, just coated in too many niggling gameplay mechanics, clumsy controls, shite aiming and platforming lol.

Disappointing. I'm hoping Tomb Raider doesn't let me down now!

You should try sticking with it. It would be like watching Star Wars Episode 1 and not watching the rest based on that.

None of the Uncharted games would make it into my gaming top 10 but 2 should be played purely for the spectacle. 3 has provided immense multiplayer moments to its credit.

You should try sticking with it. It would be like watching Star Wars Episode 1 and not watching the rest based on that.

Wouldn't be missing out on much then eh?

Uncharted 2 fixes the controls and mechanics which are an issue to some in the 1st game. You'll be missing out on why people love the series if you don't try the sequel.

Stealth Bastard coming to PS3 and Vita this summer

The game boasts brilliantly crisp visuals, an abundance of character, tight controls and a steady difficulty curve that gradually ramps up across 80 levels, spread over eight unique worlds. Additional features such as un-lockable gadgets, speedrun leaderboards and a level editor gives the game unlimited replay value!

With stages taking anywhere between 30 seconds and 10 minutes to complete, plus tons of secrets to discover, we think our game will really be coming home for PS3 and PS Vita!

This is all very exciting! But there’s more… we’d like to present our fans with an opportunity to be a part of Stealth B**tard’s journey to PlayStation. We want to rename Stealth B**tard to something less profane… it’s just too rude!

We therefore want you to have a go at naming the PlayStation versions – if you think you’ve got the perfect profanity-free solution to our naughty title, we want to hear from you!

8612427345_03db43356e.jpg

If you’ve got a great idea for a new title, head on over to our site and submit it to us! If you suggest the winning name, we’ll give you a spot in the credits, a copy of the game when it’s finished, and we’ll throw in a PS Vita as well! Not bad, eh?!

2>1>>>>GA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

I really don't like the third game, they cocked up the aiming. and the level design was just bad for the most part. They have thankfully patched in new aiming to make it more like the second game.

Yeah I remember this being something that was mentioned at launch due to their new modelling of how shots left the chamber or something. Good to hear they did patch it. Personally didn't notice much difference.

Okami "bought"! Maybe I shall never install it like how both my PS2 and Wii copies are still sealed.

Edited by Ike
Typos

Yeah once im finished downloading the Injustice demo I'm gonna get Okami. Might have to leave it going overnight though as its just over 6 gigs. One of those games I always heard was great but I never got round to playing.

Just finished God of War, really enjoyed it despite never really being a fan of the series (played chains of olympus before) Really epic game considering the lack of technical omph. Pours cold water over those who said the Wii could never do "epic" when this is basically running on the same generation of tech.

Final boss reminded me of power rangers lol.

New PSN sale starting today:

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Was €59.99/£49.99, now €29.99/£19.99

Additional 10% saving for PS Plus members

Crysis

Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Crysis 2

Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition

Was €29.99/£23.99, now €14.99/£11.99

Crysis 3

Was €69.99/£59.99, now €39.99/£29.99

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Was €14.99/£10.99, now €5.99/£4.79

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Complete Edition

Was €24.99/£19.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Hitman Absolution Digital Edition

Was €59.99/£49.99, now €23.99/£19.69

PS Plus members note: This title will be added to your Instant Game Collection on 1st May

Hitman Contracts HD

Was €12.99/£9.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin HD

Hitman Trilogy HD

Was €29.99/£19.99, now €11.99/£9.69

Hitman: Blood Money HD