NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

NOW.TV is available on PS3 now in Beta. You can get three months for £1 a month if you go to Playstation Access on Facebook. Might be worth a punt.

Hmmm let me know how it goes. Would've been worth it for the football if the PL hadn't just finished

Fucking new Super Stardust on PS4? Hope this is true.

Just started up SSDHD again. Holy cow this game is awesome.

The quality on NOW.TV is fucking dire. I get Netflix in Super HD so it ain't my connection. It's only in beta but this shit is sub-SD at the moment.

The quality on NOW.TV is fucking dire. I get Netflix in Super HD so it ain't my connection. It's only in beta but this shit is sub-SD at the moment.

Yes poor effort from Sky.

I've been playing through some of the older exclusives of the PS3 lately. I've been through Uncharted 1+2 and the other day I played through Heavenly Sword.

I actually started this back in 2007, but stopped playing it for some reason. I started it again last week and finished it on Sunday. I really enjoyed playing through it all and apart from the screen tearing, it has held up quite well, especially the facial features. Sequel please.

I've got Valkyria Chronicles on the list to play next, but i'm also interested in picking up Folklore. Anyone played through that before?

I've been playing through some of the older exclusives of the PS3 lately. I've been through Uncharted 1+2 and the other day I played through Heavenly Sword.

I actually started this back in 2007, but stopped playing it for some reason. I started it again last week and finished it on Sunday. I really enjoyed playing through it all and apart from the screen tearing, it has held up quite well, especially the facial features. Sequel please.

I've got Valkyria Chronicles on the list to play next, but i'm also interested in picking up Folklore. Anyone played through that before?

I've been clearing my backlog recently and played Heavenly Sword not all that long ago and it's really aged well compared to other games. Just started Yakuza 3 and that's not aged well at all, except for the gorgeous cut scenes.

Just finished Dragon Age 2, a much lower key affair than Origins, centred on the political affairs of one city and it's surrounding areas. Definitely enjoyed it, can see why some of the criticism laid at it though.

Like I said started Yakuza 3, not sure if I'm gonna stick with it, very slow start. Perhaps not really in the mood for it. Looking through my instant collection got Just Cause 2 and Sleeping Dogs downloaded to go!

Been burning through games since I've been laid up and off work;

Thomas Was Alone

The Cave

Assassin's Creed 3

Mario Kart 7

Dragon Age 2

Yakuza 3 had clunky controls even when it was launched. I actually really enjoyed the game but it was mostly due to the story. I still need to get back to Yakuza 4 at some point. You are right though, took me a while to get into it as well with its slow start.

I'd say Yakuza 3 hasn't aged at all because Yakuza is never-changing and the game felt pretty low-budget and clunky even when it was new. :p

It's worth sticking with for the story, but it probably has my least favorite story of the four main games.

Yakuza 3 had clunky controls even when it was launched. I actually really enjoyed the game but it was mostly due to the story. I still need to get back to Yakuza 4 at some point. You are right though, took me a while to get into it as well with its slow start.

I'd say Yakuza 3 hasn't aged at all because Yakuza is never-changing and the game felt pretty low-budget and clunky even when it was new. :p

It's worth sticking with for the story, but it probably has my least favorite story of the four main games.

Yeah the intrigue brought about from the slow burn of the story is still interesting me, I dunno. I guess whilst I have all this time it is an ideal time to play this kind of game.

Also along with the clunky controls....awful waypointing. You will be stood bang on the spot where the maps telling you and nothing!

Was everyone aware the next PS+ games are up now? I wasn't expecting them until the 1st.

Apparently it was due today:

Entering PS Plus in June:

29th May: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

29th May: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection

29th May: Demon’s Souls

5th June: Rayman Origins

5th June: Coconut Dodge Revitalised

I'm guessing we'll get the three long-term games during E3.

Was everyone aware the next PS+ games are up now? I wasn't expecting them until the 1st.

Yeah they said from the start it was due today. Kind of odd. I'm guessing it's because like Cube said we will get new long term games so why not spread that out.

Well it was a nice surprise for me :D although having only just noticed, I probably won't get to play them tonight :heh:

I knew they'd be up today, but then I forgot, so I was surprised anyway.

Set Ico to automatically download via the web browser:grin:

I have no idea when I'm going to finally start Okami.

I liked Ico couldn't get on with SoC though. I've got Okami sat waiting to play as well...own it on Wii and my Plus Digital copy.

I played Okami for a couple of hours and grew terrifically bored with it. Critics give it a free pass because it's arty, but if truth be told the gameplay is dull and it isn't even that pretty. Journey absolutely shits on it from an artistic standpoint. Plus it has the worst opening sequence ever.

I've heard Ico is a tad tedious so I might just skip straight to Colossus.

Edited by dwarf

I gave up on Ico after about 30 minutes, but Shadow of the Colossus is easy.

I also agree completely about Okami. I thought I simply didn't "get" it when I played it on the Wii. Now I still don't understand what's so great.

The forum seems to be broken, posts from 2010 are leaking through :p