NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

The PS3 has got price in its favour (particularly the fact there's room for a price cut), and of course its line-up of exclusives. I'd like it if it did become the best-selling console of its generation, as I think it deserves it.

I still haven't connected my PS3 to the internet, but I've been testing it with a few BluRays. My word, the PS3 is a great BluRay player. Tested it with Avatar at 1920x1080 and 24p - absolutely flawless image.

I still haven't connected my PS3 to the internet, but I've been testing it with a few BluRays. My word, the PS3 is a great BluRay player. Tested it with Avatar at 1920x1080 and 24p - absolutely flawless image.

Yeah its got a lot of fans in the video and audiophile community. After 6 years most players still struggle against the PS3 in video playback. I am sure they will improve the loading speed for PS4 and maybe lower fan speeds for movie playback. I plan on keeping my PS3 now. Its handy as an extra Blu Ray and media box. Proper BC also being a big factor. Will order a 1TB drive and hopefully that will last me.

It seems like it will also be supported for at least another year.

Speaking of that. Does anyone think that some PS3 games will contain extra code which allows it to run on the PS4?

I dont think so sadly. It looks like they are going fully clean with PS4. Cross buy is possible but i doubt anyone would want to play the PS3 version in that case lol.

So was it possible to "buy" stuff from PSN plus using the web page? I can't seem to find out how to do it. I don't have Internet connection for my PS3 at the moment.

Finished the story on Sleeping Dogs. Highly enjoyable game and I'm probably going to wrap up the collectibles this weekend. After that I'll return to GTA4 to finish which may be hard to do having had a lot of fun with SD.

Hydroventure-Spin-Cycle-review-01.jpg

Curve is expanding into indie publishing on PS3 and Vita, seeking to help fellow indies bring their games to Sony platforms.

The developer and publisher of Fluidity (Hydroventure in Europe), Explodemon and Stealth Bastard will now extend its services out to the indie community after its deal with Mike Bithell, who is collaborating with the London studio to bring Thomas Was Alone to PS3 and Vita.

Curve managing director Jason Perkins said of the move: “Curve has been self-publishing its own titles for some time now, and we’ve decided to apply that expertise to publishing indie games that otherwise might not find their way to consoles. We feel it’s the next logical step for Curve in a constantly changing market where it’s not always possible to rely on development alone.”

More indie game goodness.

God Sony online is awful. Not only is it incredibly slow, but the new psn store is just atrocious. Hate it.

Anyways, I didn't just come to let out my frustration at having to navigate the atrocity. But how do you check your account? I want to see how longi have left on my plus account and can't seem to find it onthe store or in the separate account manager tab onthe OS. Any one know?

God Sony online is awful. Not only is it incredibly slow, but the new psn store is just atrocious. Hate it.

Anyways, I didn't just come to let out my frustration at having to navigate the atrocity. But how do you check your account? I want to see how longi have left on my plus account and can't seem to find it onthe store or in the separate account manager tab onthe OS. Any one know?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/home/games

Sign in. Click Purchase History. Check the expiry date of a game you've downloaded with PS+ :)

You can check along the lines of Account Management, Transaction Management, Services List on the PS3 but honestly the web store is so much easier to access than the PS3 store.

Yeah, not really sure why but I'm paid up until September 2014.

Hope it moves over to the ps4. What are the chances?!

Had a look yesterday; it is just ridiculous how many games I've bought and plus games to play... Especially walking dead which I loved, a few episodes to play. No I've finished all my wii u games and nearly 999 on the DS; I reckon it's time to start ploughing through them!

Man, I'm definitely getting on PS+ now. Scott Pilgrim is online co-op, right? Anyone up for that some time?

IT'S COMING.

For real this time.

IT'S COMING.

For real this time.

Have to pay for a character and a mode that should have been included from release?! -__- Will still do it anyways but I am not happy!

It's ridiculous that online co-op (and a playable Wallace Wells of all characters!) wasn't in the game to begin with, but it's hard to complain when they're adding something a lot of people wanted (I'm talking about a playable Wallace Wells here, obviously) two and a half years after the game was released.

This DLC is out now, right? I'm happy to pay a little money for an excuse to play the game more often. It's tough to get friends over to play co-op these days.

Or sometimes it's just tough to get friends!

I think the store updates on Wednesdays, so it should be out tomorrow.

New Sale up...

PlayStation Store’s Expedition Sale for some great discounts on some fantastic action adventure titles.

These discounts will go live when the store updates later today, Wednesday 13th March, and will run until 27th March. Enjoy!

Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition (not available in Germany)

Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$12.95

Additional 10% discount for Plus members

I Am Alive

Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$17.95, now €7.49/£5.99/AU$11.05

Agarest: Generations of War Zero (not available in Australia, Finland, New Zealand, Norway)

Was €24.99/£19.99, now €8.99/£7.29

Agarest: Generations of War 2 (not available in New Zealand)

Was €34.99/£18.99/AU$51.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45

Prince of Persia (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)

Was €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95, now €7.49/£5.99/AU$11.05

Prince of Persia Trilogy (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)

Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)

Was €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45

Prince of Persia Classic (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)

Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)

Prince of Persia Classic and Cell Factor Bundle (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)

Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €5.99/£4.79/AU$8.85

Far Cry 2

Was €14.99/£10.99/AU$17.95, now €8.99/£7.29/AU$13.25

Far Cry 2 and Fortunes Pack Bundle

Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95, now €8.99/£7.29/AU$13.25

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)

Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €5.99/£4.79/AU$8.85

Machinarium

Was €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.75, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Was €12.99/£9.99/AU$18.45, now €6.99/£5.49/AU$10.35

Tomb Raider: Underworld (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)

Was €14.99/£21.95/AU$14.45, now €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.75

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)

Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95, now €9.99/£7.79/AU$14.45

Jurassic Park: The Game

Was €29.99/£23.99/AU$43.95, now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95

Two Worlds II VELVET Game of the Year Edition + Defense DLC (not available in Denmark, Finland, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden)

Was €34.99/£28.49/AU$51.95, now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95

Dante’s Inferno (only available in Austria, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Switzerland)

Was €19.99, now €9.99

Dante’s Inferno Super Bundle (only available in Austria, Germany, Italy, Switzerland)

Was €29.99, now €13.99

There's nothing here that I particularly want, but if I did, it's really helpful that they actually write which regions games aren't available in.

*Still bitter about the Xbox Live sale*

*Still bitter about the Xbox Live sale*

The only decent offers were stuff that I bought during a Steam sale for much less.

It would be irresponsible to snub that deal.

So I now have 13 months of Plus membership but no controllers to make use of it, LOL.