NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Yes, you can download them at any time (that you have an active subscription) as long as you "purchase" them.

God, Dog-amoto. Just play Sleeping Dogs already. :angry:

I'll get round to it eventually. Played the demo a while ago. The fighting sucks. Though I suspect that's because I need to get used to it, but countering doesn't work as smoothly as it does in the Arkham games and leads to much frustration.

Does anyone have their TV setup where it will automatically turn on and go to the PS3 input when it detects the PS3 turning on via HDMI control? If I have my PS3 set to automatic updates and backups in the middle of the night will it turn my TV on??

You can do that? Mine switches to HDMI automatically but doesn't switch on the TV.

Finished Quantum Conundrum on Saturday, really good game blasted through it in two sittings. I'm not sure I totally enjoyed John De Lancie's performance. He was funny at times but no where near as welcome companion as glados and wheatley, now on to Sleeping Dogs I think....

On a side note F1 Stars is the most soulless karting game I have ever played.

On a side note F1 Stars is the most soulless karting game I have ever played.
The weapons are the only thing that let it down IMO, in that the majority come in the form of just being bubbles of some kind, and they could have been far more creative with them.

As an F1 fan I can think of SO many better choices for weapons... I think the problem is they tried to stick a little too closely to F1. Hopefully for a sequel they'll realise and open up a bit. I mean yes there are no rockets in F1... but in an F1 karting game no one cares! :p

They could have had oil slicks, stampeding Ferrari horses, a charging [Red] Bull, rockets could have taken the form of shaken up champaign bottles, helmet bowling balls etc... so much potential.

The weapons are the only thing that let it down IMO, in that the majority come in the form of just being bubbles of some kind, and they could have been far more creative with them.

As an F1 fan I can think of SO many better choices for weapons... I think the problem is they tried to stick a little too closely to F1. Hopefully for a sequel they'll realise and open up a bit. I mean yes there are no rockets in F1... but in an F1 karting game no one cares! :p

They could have had oil slicks, stampeding Ferrari horses, a charging [Red] Bull, rockets could have taken the form of shaken up champaign bottles, helmet bowling balls etc... so much potential.

Yes the weapons really don't help so bland and boring. I may play it through on the side to other stuff when I fancy I quick bash but I have no intention of soley ploughing time into it at the expense of other games.

Wait what?! It's not out yet...it's been out here for absolutely ages.

Indeed. I played the hell out of this on my Amiga back in the day. Probably hasn't aged well, but it's worth a play again for nostalgic reasons.

New sale starts today on PSN.

Batman: Arkham Asylum (ends 27/02/13)

now Euros 9.99/Pounds 7.99/$14.45

Additional 10% Discount for Plus Subscribers

Batman: Arkham City (ends 27/02/13)

now Euros 11.99/Pounds 9.69/$17.95

Darksiders (permanent drop)

now Euros 3.99/Pounds 3.19/$5.85

Darksiders 2 (permanent drop)

now Euros 9.99/Pounds 9.99/$14.95

de Blob 2 (permanent drop)

now Euros 6.19/Pounds 4.99/$9.15

Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar

Dishonored (ends 27/02/13)

now Euros 23.99/Pounds 19.69/$38.45

Not available in Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Ukraine

Red Faction (permanent drop)

now Euros 2.49/Pounds 1.99/$3.65

Red Faction Armageddon (permanent drop)

now Euros 6.19/Pounds 4.99/$9.15

Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine

Red Faction: Guerrilla (permanent drop)

now Euros 4.99/Pounds 3.99/$7.35

Not available in Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, Qatar, Russia, Ukraine

The Sly Trilogy (ends 27/02/13)

now Euros 9.99/Pounds 7.99/$14.95

Twisted Metal (ends 27/02/13)

now Euros 14.99/Pounds 11.99/$21.95

Watchmen: The End Is Nigh (ends 27/02/13)

now Euros 7.99/Pounds 6.49/$11.75

Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Qatar, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine

Stuntman Ignition (permanent drop)

now Euros 2.49/Pounds 1.99/$3.65

Very tempted with the Sly Trilogy at that price.

Tempted maybe by Twisted Metal. The menus are ugly as sin but for a tenner, probably worth it.

Actually, Dishonored is pretty well priced with 10% off. Worth it?

Some very tempting stuff there!!

BatmanAA

Darksiders (but then the sequel isn't great and the series could be over)

De Blob 2

Sly Trilogy

(Dishonoured too, but feel we'll see it cheaper online in the future and I have other stuff to play)

Damn!

Superfrog was Amazeballs! :D

Tempted by Arkham Asylum. Though not sure how much content it is missing compared to a GOTY edition. Also my backlog is getting increasingly bigger...