NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Every now and again a GIF goes too far.

This is not one of those moments.

i1ot2q1bfpm6z.gif

90 days of Playstation Plus for £7.99. Can't argue with that, sorry if it's been posted already

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/reward_game/playstationplus-90-day-membership/cid=IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLUSSUBS90DAYS

Sounds like the McDonald's advert that was being discussed in the Adverts That Blow thread.

And that gif...hahaha. Normally a gif of such epic proportions only comes at E3 time :D

Edited by Dog-amoto

If the Feb 20th event is streamed, I want the Other Consoles mandem bundled into IRC for some Jack & Kaz PS4 bantaaaaah!

Wow, just realised this will be the first next-generation of console launch hype period where I won't be a rabid Nintendo fanboy.

*cough* Just a Sony one. *cough*

The Gaf thread for the Sony presser is hilarious. Everyone is slapping Kaz's face on everything.

8453936258_010c2d964c_o.gif

kazfuckyoujgk4j.png

nerfreggie.gif

ivTqv1tADtTvl.gif

ZHdEgFJ.png

ibcPufmrItxH5E.gif

kazining.gif

jurassickaz.gif

WNN03W7.gif?1

i1qORs6TziP4I.gif

I love Gaf at times. :D

If the Feb 20th event is streamed, I want the Other Consoles mandem bundled into IRC for some Jack & Kaz PS4 bantaaaaah!

SO up for that.

Also....that The Shining one is FUCKING hilarious.

Playstation Plus is just getting retarded. Sleeping Dogs, F1 Race Stars and Quantum Conundrum out this month and I have only just got round to downloading Vanquish.

First World Playstation Problems.

Playstation Plus is just getting retarded. Sleeping Dogs, F1 Race Stars and Quantum Conundrum out this month and I have only just got round to downloading Vanquish.

This is why BC is important.

I got PS Plus for the first time yesterday, from 9pm until 3am I was downloading and installing all the free shit.

Sleeping Dogs

F1 Race Stars

Quantum Conundrum

Jet Set Radio

Vanquish

Guardians of Middle Earth

Limbo

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Gravity Rush

Little Big Planet 2

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Infamous 2

Mortal Kombat (which was hidden away)

Considering how big some of those files are I did ok. I dont even have a Vita but I had to download the Vita games aswell for future use.

Why? You going to try and take my PS3 from me?

But then what if at some point they stop showing you to subscribe to plus through a ps3? Much like how Microsoft eventually shut down the original Xbox servers.

I don't really see how Plus is related to backward compatibility.

When Sony eventually shuts off the PSN on the PS3, what happens with our PS+ games?

I personally think that, when this eventually happens, Sony will let us know in advance and we'll have to download/backup the games in order to continue using them.

Guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Anyway, switching off the Xbox servers only effected playing online, not downloading. It's costly to keep servers open for games nobody plays, servers for storage are a whole different beast.

Personally, I'm not worried because I almost never go back to an old game (hell, I haven't even gone back to Darksiders 2 and Bordelands 2 after only playing each for a few hours). I barely have enough time to play games as it is. I know a lot of people do go back and play old games though, so it's a fair enough issue.

It sickens me that you haven't already. I'm actually throwing up as I'm writing this.

That's what I'd have thought, especially since it works across the Vita, too.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/your-instant-game-collection/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PLUSINSTANTGAME

There's an online store. If you "buy" them on there you can download them when you want.

So you don't actually have to download them? Does that mean if I "buy" Sleeping Dogs now, I can still download it later in the year?

Can anyone offer any help? I've downloaded a PS3 Media Server for my Mac, works fine but for some reason when I try to steam an mkv file, it stutters every so often and sometimes stops completely. When I'm playing something like an mp4 or avi file, the buffer status bar doesn't even move, but with an mkv file it goes crazy.

What gives?