NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

A bit late to the party but because I've had inFamous 2 sitting on my HDD for months (c/o PS+) I figured it would be worth picking up and playing through the prequel first.

Started it a couple of days ago and whilst I wasn't too sure about it at first, now that I'm closing in on finishing up at the first island I'm slowly getting suckered in.

Guess that's another advantage of picking up a PS3 really late, in that I still have a massive back catalogue of cheap games to go through/hunt down.

The first Infamous has the slowest build up of any game I've played. It starts off completely meh but by the end it's absolutely magnificent. And then Infamous 2 continues from that point and on that trajectory.

Nest PlayStation Plus update:

PS3

6th March: Mass Effect 3

6th March: Dead or Alive 5

6th March: Joe Danger 2

Vita

13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

20th March: Puddle

Even though I have ME3, another brilliant update. Especially MGS - I've played the TTS and can't get into MGS4, so this should prepare me for giving MGS4 another try.

Really happy about Dead or Alive. It's kind of shit but strangely addictive. Plus tits.

The thing about MGS4 is that the tiny pockets of gameplay you do get are slow and wasteful. There's about 8 million guns, attachments, stupid CQC manoeuvres and items and techniques, and yet you only really need to use your OctoCamo and a tranquilizer. Areas that look wide open and difficult for stealth can be shuffled through in a simple way, often by tediously skirting around the outside.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDTfIo3wtNdC6nOerCEehsU-ufxAIrtPYdENKaG_cVCNFUtkHs

There are a couple of interesting exceptions but that's literally it for the most part.

Drebin's boss stories are pretty good but every other monologue in the game should be skipped or yawned through.

It's more interactive tech demo than game. I reveled in its retardedness, though.

Nest PlayStation Plus update:

PS3

6th March: Mass Effect 3

6th March: Dead or Alive 5

6th March: Joe Danger 2

Vita

13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

20th March: Puddle

Even though I have ME3, another brilliant update. Especially MGS - I've played the TTS and can't get into MGS4, so this should prepare me for giving MGS4 another try.

Crazy good month. Also Konami's first showing.

Mass Effect 3 easily the biggest release PS Plus has seen, hitting just before the 1st anniversary of the game (I think) shame I already have it. I thought when I first read that MGS was for PS3 and was excited....No interest in Dead of Alive 5 so just Joe Danger for me.

The tether? Pfffft, was all about the ice launcher.

Ice launch is awesome.

Hey I was the first one to remember its awesomeness, and get its name right. Talk about getting parred off, Cube.

A shit one apparently, it's like a weird explosive glide thing (I'm only going by footage and I think Yahtzee said it was pointless in his review)

Just finished the final side-quest. Should be able to finish it off tomorrow night.

Uncharted 3 multiplayer F2P looks certain to be dropping this week. Hopefully things like DLC will still work as I'll be happy to no longer have to change discs if I want to do a couple of quick matches.

We’re proud to announce the upcoming release of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX for North America ! The young Sora wields the magical keyblade in search of his lost friends, making new ones with Disney’s Goofy and Donald along the way. The story continues through classic Disney stories like Aladdin, Hercules, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Utilizing RPG mechanics and gaining new exploratory powers throughout his adventure, Sora solidified himself as a starry-eyed hero that bridged Disney classics with a unique overarching story of friendship and courage. This classic hit comes in breathtaking HD with various gameplay enhancements, and is exclusively available for the first time on PlayStation 3 this fall.

Woop! Woop! I had my doubts that the west would actually get it.

Who the fuck are you and where the hell is our pal Daft?!

lol. No No Kuni then Persona. What is aaaap.

Not going to lie, I felt super weird writing that.

I should stay away from Persona 4. I don't want to catch what Daft did.