NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Tempted by Arkham Asylum. Though not sure how much content it is missing compared to a GOTY edition. Also my backlog is getting increasingly bigger...
I had a look on the store and it's the 'PlayStation Essentials' version of AA, so I'm guessing that has all the content.

Just came across this Azurite PS3, thought it looked amazing. Tempted, but I think I might just wait for the Sony Announcement.

44940.jpg

Yeah I would wait and plan accordingly. I am hoping Gakai feature heavily. It might even make it on PS3 as its quite capable.

Just came across this Azurite PS3, thought it looked amazing. Tempted, but I think I might just wait for the Sony Announcement.

44940.jpg

It's a very nice blue. I have the controller. Also makes the top loading drive look less cheap than the black version. Seems crazy to buy one unless you get a good deal and don't plan and jumping a board the next gen anytime soon.

Seems that Sony is giving PSN members $10 for being a loyal customer.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514345

I wonder if we get the same treatment over here?

Hmmmm I wonder how long you have to have been a customer for because I have an alternate account but.No email.

EDIT PSN inbox not email doh

Edited by flameboy

44940.jpg

I'd have to say that while the colour is somewhat cool, I've never really found any model of the PS3 hardware particularly pleasant to look at :hmm: In fact, despite the original PS1 having a certain appeal, I'm not sure Sony has ever designed a great looking home console.. and that includes the slim models :eek:

I know it's not really a big deal and everyone has different tastes but if they unveiled the PS4 later that looked amazing with an awesome new controller, it would be a much more tempting proposition!

I'd agree with Nando. I would actually welcome a more retro toy-like design ala the original Playstation for the next gen system though.

Started Bioshock.

Is this game supposed to be scary? My heart beats faster than normal while playing this...

Started Bioshock.

Is this game supposed to be scary? My heart beats faster than normal while playing this...

Some moments, possibly. But either way, you are in for a good ride.

I'd say it was tense, more than scary. I hate scary games and BioShock is one of the best things ever.

Fuck, now I want to play Bioshock again.

Isn't there a new one due sometime this year?

I grabbed Ico/SoC a while back, and I'm really not feeling Ico at all. Is it overrated? Aged badly? Or should I persevere?

Or just forget it and move on to SoC?

I grabbed Ico/SoC a while back, and I'm really not feeling Ico at all. Is it overrated? Aged badly? Or should I persevere?

Or just forget it and move on to SoC?

Nah, ICO is pretty much overrated. SotC is much better.

I gave up on ICO and so never bothered with SotC...might give it a try this weekend though, if that's the case.

When I got the pack I played SotC. Loved it. Tried ICO and gave up pretty quickly.

Also, as I promised @Daft, I carried on with inFamous 2 today. Got the burst bolt power and the power where I recharge by hitting people with the bolt. Epic combination.

I've just turned on power to the whole of the first island.

The burst bolt was wicked, as for the the best/most liberating power in the game, that would have to be the ice launch. Sure the tether got you further faster, but you didn't acquire it until late on and it isn't really fun or interactive. Big ice launch advocate right here.

I used the tether once for about thirty seconds before never using it again.