NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Homebrew Vita coming soon!?

http://wololo.net/2012/09/05/usermode-vita-loader-devs-needed/

Sure, running PSP homebrews on Vita is fun, and VHBL is a very nice piece of work, but it’s about time we move on, isn’t it? Developer yifanlu started a new project called Usermode Vita Loader (UVLoader), it will be a homebrew loader for the PSV, basically.

Not PSP homebrews, but native PSV code, isn’t it awesome?

This project is based on a PSV exploit he found (there are no details about this for now, for obvious reasons), but it’s still in its early stages. Just a few lines of code have been written so far (you can find the code on his github), so, back to the title, developers are needed.

If you’re a developer and you want to help, fork the project on github or get in touch with yifanlu on /talk or on IRC (#vitadev on EFnet). If you’re not a developer, there’s nothing for you…yet. But it’s still an awesome news, isn’t it?

And please, avoid asking useless questions: there’s no release date yet and it doesn’t work for now, just be patient for now and let the developers do their job.

Yifan Lu will eventually post updates about this project on his blog or on twitter, so make sure to follow him.

Last but not least, congratulations to yifanlu for his Vita hack

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

So 1yrs Playstation Plus is on Sale atm (not sure if shorter versions are also?) and I'm kind of tempted!

Do you have to stay subscribed in the future though in order to keep your downloads active, or how does it work?... Although that probably isn't the case, in case they stopped doing it.

Also, wanting to purchase my first downloads form the Playstation Store... CrashTeamRacing, Beyond Good & Evil, SotC, Journey, Jet Set Radio...

How does everyone on here usually buy stuff... just use your credit card (very slight hacker concerns)... or buy a PSN card off Amazon for example?... Are there any Digital Card options/Other options for buying PSN stuff? And where might be the cheapest deals?

A thankyou.

Once you are a member of PS+ you get free downloads and offers every month.

The free games disappear once your sub ends, but if you subscribe again then you have them for download again.

The games you bought at a discount price are still yours though.

I usually add credit via a PSN card. Many online shops, such as Shopto, just send the code to you instantly via email.

I'm looking at hotukdeals at the moment and these may interest you.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/50-2x-25-psn-cards-30-very-co-uk-with-voucher-code-1304969

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/25-psn-card-22-39-delivered-ebay-gamewave-making-a-year-ps-27-38-1304942

Once you are a member of PS+ you get free downloads and offers every month.

The free games disappear once your sub ends, but if you subscribe again then you have them for download again.

The games you bought at a discount price are still yours though.

I usually add credit via a PSN card. Many online shops, such as Shopto, just send the code to you instantly via email.

I'm looking at hotukdeals at the moment and these may interest you.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/50-2x-25-psn-cards-30-very-co-uk-with-voucher-code-1304969

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/25-psn-card-22-39-delivered-ebay-gamewave-making-a-year-ps-27-38-1304942

There also seem to be some previous Playstation Plus games still up on there at the moment such as Red Dead Redemption and Infamous 2?... which are priced as being free to Playstation Plus members (if I remember rightly). Are these now being classed as purchase games and so won't dissapear, as opposed to the ones you're given monthly?

Thanks for those links.

OK cheers.

Not sure I like that idea really. Although I'd like to think money wouldn't be so tight in the future that I couldn't re-subscribe, but there's just something about not fully owning a game.

I think I might pick up a couple years. £60 for 2 years of Plus. Honk. Yes.

Plus is the best thing since Xbox Live.

Also, what's the point of hacking the Vita for homebrew when the PlayStation Mobile Developer Program is available legitimately from Sony?

In fact, this dude seems to have done a couple things on the PMDP - https://www.youtube.com/user/digitalarts001

Edited by Daft

Still reeling about the lack of Tombi. What's up with that?

No blog seems to have mentioned it at all. Most are focused on the lack of Counterstrike. :(

In fact, this dude seems to have done a couple things on the PMDP - https://www.youtube.com/user/digitalarts001

So does that allow me to play any game I want anywhere I want?

Also, what's the point of hacking the Vita for homebrew when the PlayStation Mobile Developer Program is available legitimately from Sony?

Homebrew also allows english patches on games that won't come out over here, I mean Monster Hunter Portable 3rd eng patch is the sole reason as to why I love my Homebrew PSP

Also allow me to play ANY PS1 game (With how powerful Vita is running PS2 games should be easy as well)

I don't want to wait for Sony to keep bringing games out on PSN to only buy them again when I have the hard copy right in front of me (Also Dragon Quest VII running on PSP is a God send!)

EDIT: Forgot PSP games as well, when one has 20 games, one does not want to buy them all over again just to play them on the Vita

Piracy ?

Vita needs games first before one can pirate them.

Edited by killer kirby

Just sounds so laborious. I haven't even made a dent in the games I've amassed just from Plus over the past few months, I can't imagine how anyone has enough time to get round to really needing or wanting to do this. But if that floats your boat then that's cool.

Sony can't really win either way. It gets hacked and developers will definitely not want to support it. It doesn't get hacked, no one's going to buy it...not that anyone is anyway. PS Vita - the portable we deserve but apparently not the one we need right now.

Tombi delayed until the end of the month according to the devs. Oh well... GW2 time!

Anyone else in the Dust beta? I got a code like 2 weeks ago but not bothered to download it yet.

If oyu have backlog PSplus only makes things worse. having said the quality and size of games are increasing so it wont get any better. Got to start on RDR now...

Anyone else in the Dust beta? I got a code like 2 weeks ago but not bothered to download it yet.

I am in the beta. Worth trying out to see the all unique features.

Dust does occupy its own unique space but the fps elements right now are rough compared to the other big fps (BF3, MAG, Killzone) besides Firefall beta and Borderlands. Dust is less RPG than those games but it does have very extensive customisation, an auction house, rare drops/rewards etc.

It will be free anyhow.

Disregard... seems that someone said something they shouldn't have...

That Tweet should not have been posted, Studio Liverpool is closed, there is no new Wipeout game. Ami Nakajima was not released [i wonder why ;) ], she was just tweeting to say that she "is still alive". Which is pretty tactless.
Edited by Dcubed

Really? I don't like it, much prefer the current Slim.

If that had been a transparent disc cover then yeah!

But a slide back cover isn't very nice, nor is the design on it. But hey, this version's all about the cost saving.

New demo's up today...

Currently downloading RE6 and F1 2012

What can I expect from the MGS HD collection? I've never played the series before but I've won a copy of it and have heard the series is great.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes is great. I haven't played 2 and 3 and my experience with 4 made me never want to touch the franchise again (although the hack n slash one looks good).

I've been wanting to get a PS3 for Ni No Kuni, so I suppose the 12GB would be the best version for me.