NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I've never played Saints Row 2 or Just Cause 2, but I also haven't played the first game in either series and I hate skipping games, so that's a bit annoying. :p

You don't miss anything from either by not playing the first.

You don't miss anything from either by not playing the first.

I'm well aware of that, but that's not the point! :p

The gamescom announcements were quite epic. Vita looking awesome as well as PS3 stuff. Much nicer than e3.

Killzone Vita looks insane. Also lol at the mini games in LBP Karting. Really liked the games and the updates. I thought I was going to be on PC mainly but PS3 is seriously vying for that position.

The gamescom announcements were quite epic. Vita looking awesome as well as PS3 stuff. Much nicer than e3.

Indeed. I wasn't expecting that amount of content, a lot of it being new IPs no less. It has also created a very positive vibe about Sony from the media, with both IGN and EDGE applauding Sony for taking risks with IPs, putting on a good show and generally just giving gamers what they want....GAMES!

Yeah bought Sound Shapes but can't download it on my vita yet because of space... God I wish Sony weren't so utterly irritating with regards to memory cards, I want a 32GB card so badly but £50 odd quid. Ram it!

I actually don't really mind to much paying for it (for no good reason other than whatevs - it is a ridiculous price) but it sounds like a fucking hassle to switch memory card and re-download everything again.

EDIT: Oh wait, Amazon have it for £58. Fuck that.

Yeah, I could undownload Escape Plan but they keep releasing DLC for it :) That game has grew on me so much. Finish that then download Sound Shapes (for some reason I don't want to play it on the ps3, want to wait). Then hopefully I'll get a bargain one day on memory cards

At least the Vita doesn't require double the space for installing, like the PS3.

I actually don't really mind to much paying for it (for no good reason other than whatevs - it is a ridiculous price) but it sounds like a fucking hassle to switch memory card and re-download everything again.

EDIT: Oh wait, Amazon have it for £58. Fuck that.

I was under the assumption that you can just move everything from your full memory card to the PS3 and then just move everything back onto the new, larger card... is this not the case?

I was under the assumption that you can just move everything from your full memory card to the PS3 and then just move everything back onto the new, larger card... is this not the case?

Yeah thats pretty much it, I watched a video on it the other day (although they did it to the PC as I will) and you just plug the Vita in and select backup and that copies all your games, apps, saves etc to the PC then you can just put them back onto the new card.

Ah, didn't realise that.

I'd probably have less of a problem with re-downloading games if they were organised better; like on team where all your games are listed and you just click download - kind of like a virtual game locker.

PS Plus subscriptions will apparently be 25% off come September 5th for 2 weeks. So £30 instead of £40 for a yearly subscription.

They did 20% off previously and I got Plus for £32. Definitely going to top up my subscription with this discount. Absolute steal.

Yup, I got it when it was 20% too, it's almost time for renewal for me anyway. Almost tempting to get 2 years (2x1 year subscriptions), actually. :p

Out next month. Do want.

Edit: And it's £9.99.

Edited by Cube

Out next month. Do want.

Edit: And it's £9.99.

Yes it looks ridiculous and amazing at the same time. Sony really nailing it these quirky exclusive PSN's now.

Should've put online mulitplayer with friends in wipeout then this wouldn't have happened :)

Fuck me, that's just miserable :( I'm not even a Wipeout fan and this news saddens me.

SC Liverpool is, by far, Sony's most iconic 1st Party studio. They (and Wipeout) ARE Playstation!

Bloody sad. Sony's falling apart at the seams.

Fuck me, that's just miserable :( I'm not even a Wipeout fan and this news saddens me.

SC Liverpool is, by far, Sony's most iconic 1st Party studio. They (and Wipeout) ARE Playstation!

Bloody sad. Sony's falling apart at the seams.

Wouldn't say Sony is falling apart, but damn this is truly sad news to see.

I'd be surprised if there weren't good reasons for this. I'd also be surprised if we ever really learn what they were.

Then again, Sony still own Guerrilla Games so who know what the hell they're thinking?