NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I cant see why they did this when the slim is a really nice looking console and a decent size anyway.

Because this new one will be cheaper to manufacture, thus cheaper for consumers.

The PS3 has about another year of rude health ahead of it, so now's the time to start mopping up potential customers. That might be people who already own a 360 but would be tempted by a cheaper PS3, families being marketed the likes of Wonderbook or just people interested in a machine to play Blu-rays and streaming video. You could feasibly be looking at £120 for the 16GB model which could be very attractive, especially if Sony were smart enough to throw 3 months of Plus into the bargain.

Because this new one will be cheaper to manufacture, thus cheaper for consumers.

The PS3 has about another year of rude health ahead of it, so now's the time to start mopping up potential customers. That might be people who already own a 360 but would be tempted by a cheaper PS3, families being marketed the likes of Wonderbook or just people interested in a machine to play Blu-rays and streaming video. You could feasibly be looking at £120 for the 16GB model which could be very attractive, especially if Sony were smart enough to throw 3 months of Plus into the bargain.

I'm assuming if it is top loading then that's cheaper to manufacture...but yeah it's a sound move if they've managed to downscale the components even further and can both cut the price and market it well then they are on to a winner.

Tomorrows freebies for PS+ owners.

sometric platformer Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be available as a free download for PlayStation Plus subscribers tomorrow.

THQ's nutty open-world adventure Saints Row 2 is also on offer.

The two games are the latest in Sony's ever-rotating Instant Game Collection, a constant offering of 10 titles available without charge to Plus members.

Guardian of Light character DLC packs for Legacy of Kain stars Raziel and Kain and Kane and Lynch are all half price.

The titles will replace Warhammer 40K: Space Marine and Chime Super Deluxe in the current IGC line-up.

Lara Croft sounds interesting, is it any good? I will download Saints Row but hopefully it won't feel like a step back having played the third a few weeks ago.

Guardian of Light is great, assuming you have another person to play it with.

I will download Saints Row but hopefully it won't feel like a step back having played the third a few weeks ago.

Some people say that the second is a step up from the third.

Some people say that the second is a step up from the third.

Personally, I can't go back and play the second after playing the third.

I enjoyed the second a lot but never had any interest in the third.

If you download a free game off Playstation Plus but your subscription expires. Do you get those free games back if you resubscribe or are they gone forever? I'm quite enjoying inFamous and more than likely going to pick up the sequel, just deciding whether I'm better off getting a copy off PS+ with a 3month subscription or buy a copy for £14 off ShopTo. How many hours is the sequel?

You get them back as soon as you resubsribe. Go to your download history to redownload them if you deleted them from your harddrive.

I'm not sure but I think I spent roughly 40 hours to platinum inFamours 2. I think. Probably less. You will probably complete it in 20.

Edited by Tales

Lara Croft interests me, already own SR2 so obviously miss out there. I don't remember what US got but I feel like they had better new things added this week.

Lara Croft interests me, already own SR2 so obviously miss out there. I don't remember what US got but I feel like they had better new things added this week.

They got International Track & Field and Hot Shots Golf 2 (PS1 Classics)

At the start of the month the US got: Gotham City Impostors, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and Renegade Ops.

So it's those versus Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Tomb Raider Guardian of Light and Saints Row 2.

They got International Track & Field and Hot Shots Golf 2 (PS1 Classics)

At the start of the month the US got: Gotham City Impostors, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and Renegade Ops.

So it's those versus Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Tomb Raider Guardian of Light and Saints Row 2.

I guess as a value proposition it's not that bad. Gotham City seems more appealing as a "free to play" title seem as it was paid for and also had micro-transactions that gave significant advantages from what I read. I keep meaning to pick up Pac-Man missed in a sale over summer I'm sure a second chance will come a long.

Been playing Rainbow Moon and totally loving it - if you like an old school RPG thats absolutely huge and incredibly good value for money (£7.99 if your a plus member) then I strongly recommend you have a look at this.

Edited by Cookyman

Anyone know where I can buy US PSN cards and get the codes delived over the Internet, preferable paid by Paypal?

Does anyone know if I can change my DNS settings to make my UK PS3 think I'm still in the UK when I move to Canada? I want it so I can still use the amazing BBC app for Olympics. If someone could tell me UK DNS settings that would be awesome as my PS3 is now all packed up.

Next week's PS+ games are Walking Dead Ep1 and 2.

Has this been confirmed for the EU update? I know that's what the US is getting but a lot of the time we get different stuff.

I believe Rock of Ages is going to be inclusive for European Plus members, alongside something else. Presumably we can expect official word fairly soon, though.

Speaking of things to expect, apparently a new sale will start on Wednesday. Hopefully it's good as I think it's what we're getting instead of the PSN Play promotion, unless they're simply being exceptionally tardy in announcing the promotion for our side of the pond.

Next week's PS+ games are Walking Dead Ep1 and 2.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. SO first they make a complete cock up of the EU release delaying it for over 2 weeks for no reason and then they go and pull this unbelievable.