N-Europe

Shows not many people watch

Sanchez

I'm pretty sure Firefly was canned because it was expensive as fuck. Everyone watched that show.

The individual episodes weren't expensive - only the initial set was. Not many people saw it some episodes were not aired and the rest were shown out of order. It was only successful on DVD.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not seen a lot of people talk about Pushing Daisies and Journeyman, both new shows and both brilliant, shame this bloody writers strike is fucking up with the scripts, can't believe they've had such a short season (and Journeyman in fear of being canceled altogether) because of some bloody strike.

If no one has seen them I whole heartedly recommend them both, just grab the first 2 episodes of them and see what you think =D

Pushing Daises is like a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I love it. May watch it right now to cheer me up actually.

I started making a sig last night but wasn't too sure what I wanted to do with it.

Monk?

My friend's seem to think that this is a programme for old people, quite simillar to Murder She Wrote say, so they don't watch it, but it's a fantastic detective series with some great twist's and a superb main character.

I own Monk on DVD, yet to watch it though. Will add it to my list of things to watch when I leave work.

Random ones;

Wonderfalls

Back to You (average, but I like Kelsey Grammar)

Big Love. (and I repeat, BIG LOVE! Watch it. Immensly awesome.)

Gossip Girl

Dexter

And that show about soon teenage detective. Forget its name.

Dexter

I think Dexter is pretty well known but it's definitely the best show on tv (about equal with house) and everyone should watch it, no exceptions.

Everyone should watch Journeyman.

ok but how about you put a little more effort and tell us why we should watch it.

EDIT: VVV Fair enough

I think Dexter is pretty well known but it's definitely the best show on tv (about equal with house) and everyone should watch it, no exceptions.

People were listing Fifefly for Pete's sake, and it is the only show so far that has got a film made because of its success so I think I'm allowed Dexter :p

Jericho was a weird one, regularly drew in 9 million + even against American Idol, yet it wasn't renewed.....until the fans wen't crazy and got their nuts out. Alias and Everwood were two shows i liked that were canned due to low viewers, Enterprise also.

Where do I start.

Jericho (Awesomest TV Show ever)

Alias (canned because of lack of viewers)

Everwood (as above)

The OC (as above)

Most things are canned because of lack of viewers, which tends to be what happens when the quality also lacks.

Anywho...

Anyone watched Samanta Who yet? Looks like it could be a decent average sitcom. Plus Christina Applegate is always fun.

Most things are canned because of lack of viewers, which tends to be what happens when the quality also lacks.

Anywho...

Anyone watched Samanta Who yet? Looks like it could be a decent average sitcom. Plus Christina Applegate is always fun.

Quality has absolutely nothing to do with it, how many great shows have been cancelled. Sadly humans are pathetic creatures who would rather watch mindless dross like American Idol and Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader over shows like Jericho and Friday Night Lights.

Quality has absolutely nothing to do with it, how many great shows have been cancelled. Sadly humans are pathetic creatures who would rather watch mindless dross like American Idol and Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader over shows like Jericho and Friday Night Lights.

When the fans start tuning out is never a good sign. It happens. It happened with Veronica Mars. Shows can get far too built up on their own image and turn into an almost parodic melodrama.

When the fans start tuning out is never a good sign. It happens. It happened with Veronica Mars. Shows can get far too built up on their own image and turn into an almost parodic melodrama.

It's more a problem of people tuning in to start with than tuning out.

Far too well known. I mean, there's a lot of people who love the show and all. I remember you posting the theme tune a couple of years ago. I think it achieved cult status the moment it was broadcasted.

It achieved a little cult status, but not many people watched it, hence why it got assraped from our screens. Cue a large amount of pimpsmacking from the cult massive to finally get it on Doovdé.

It achieved a little cult status, but not many people watched it, hence why it got assraped from our screens. Cue a large amount of pimpsmacking from the cult massive to finally get it on Doovdé.

Yeah you're right, it got really low ratings; I don't think many people 'got' it. It was aired when I had just started college, and I was the only person I knew who was watching it from the start.

Shame on the world!

Yeah you're right, it got really low ratings; I don't think many people 'got' it. It was aired when I had just started college, and I was the only person I knew who was watching it from the start.

Shame on the world!

I know, it's a pissing disgrace, the masses were deprived of such quality lines like:

Garth Marenghi: I do not believe that any form of life, be it human, animal, or plant, should be hurt in the making of a television programme. So I personally feel really bad about that cat we killed.

Dean Learner: I had a cat once. I dropped a sofa on it, it was a right off, so I stood on its head.

ok but how about you put a little more effort and tell us why we should watch it.

EDIT: VVV Fair enough

The series centers around Dan Vasser, a normal man living in San Francisco who, for an unknown reason, begins jumping backwards in time. He soon learns that each series of jumps follows the life of a person whose destiny he seems meant to change. Dan's jumping affects his family life with his wife and son, his job as a reporter, and instills suspicion in his brother, a police detective.

Ie a serious Quantum Leap. :)

Pushing daisies is great, started watching it today, and have totally fallen for it. It's so different, yet has this sort of Amélie feel to it. Favourite new show :) Should hold me off untill next season of heroes, that is if i ration the episodes that I have.

Pushing daisies is great, started watching it today, and have totally fallen for it. It's so different, yet has this sort of Amélie feel to it. Favourite new show :) Should hold me off untill next season of heroes, that is if i ration the episodes that I have.

Nine...well eight so far and the ninth being aired on Wednesday.

But yeah its awesome.