N-Europe

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Daft

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first episode's free on 25th, the rest are 200 MSPoints - or so I've heard anyway.

Got started on Mark of the Ninja. It seems really awesome, deep, and it's rather enjoyable.

If this is true, you have put a massive smile on my face! :D

800MSP for all of the Walking Dead series? BARGAIN!

Fuck not having an electronic form of money. Fuck not checking the forums before I was in town.

P.S. fuck not having my xbox with me, anyway!

You can buy Live-games from live.xbox.com so the last thing isn't a problem.

I think I should just go ahead and buy them without having played the first.

I've only played episode one of The Walking Dead and if the remaining four are even half as good as that I'm in for a treat.

You'll love it. A truly brilliant game! I've just reached episode 5 and it's definitely in my top 5 games of the year already.

Episode 2 is something special..just wow.

Got 100 % on Mark of the Ninja yesterday. It was indeed a very good game with solid game mechanics, nice atmosphere, and challenging gameplay. Sometimes it was a bit frustrating to die at the same place many times but the game was quite forgiving in terms of checkpoints. One thing, though, when I died I sometimes spawned at an unfortunate place where I was discovered immediately meaning that I had to restart the level. This was only a problem on New Game Plus, though. Also not a hard game to get 100 % on but it took me about 15 hours to complete it twice and get every seal.

Got 100 % on Mark of the Ninja yesterday. It was indeed a very good game with solid game mechanics, nice atmosphere, and challenging gameplay. Sometimes it was a bit frustrating to die at the same place many times but the game was quite forgiving in terms of checkpoints. One thing, though, when I died I sometimes spawned at an unfortunate place where I was discovered immediately meaning that I had to restart the level. This was only a problem on New Game Plus, though. Also not a hard game to get 100 % on but it took me about 15 hours to complete it twice and get every seal.

Sounds good.

I picked it up in the Steam sale the other day but haven't got round to trying it yet as playing other stuff.

Without spoiling anything, does the New Game Plus offer much in the way of incentive? I've seen reviews praise it but never felt they explained it well enough why other than the game being a lot of fun in the first place.

Well, apart from the standard "you get to keep your equipment", the New Game Plus offers smarter enemies and you can see less of the level (in particular you can't see what's behind you). On top of this, you cannot see how much noise you make by running and such (which is shown by circles in the ordinary game mode). I think that's it.

Well, apart from the standard "you get to keep your equipment", the New Game Plus offers smarter enemies and you can see less of the level (in particular you can't see what's behind you). On top of this, you cannot see how much noise you make by running and such (which is shown by circles in the ordinary game mode). I think that's it.

Sounds a bit like the New Game Plus approach in the Batman games where they make it tougher in a fair way instead of just upping damage receeved and lowering damage dealt like a lot of other games with more difficult modes.

I started playing it today and did the first two levels. Really liking it although I kinda wish it didn't show certain scroll requirements/ achievements thingies because when it comes up that you can't get one if you get found or didn't reach a point fast enough, it's kinda disheartening in a sense. I know you aren't expected to get them on our first go but it still makes me feel like I suck when you game tells me I've missed out. Just a small and inconsequential niggle on an otherwise impressive start.

The cutscene animation has a real Genndy Tartakovsky vibe to it... or at least the bits of his work I'm familiar with anyway. I like it.

Edited by Captain Falcon

I started playing it today and did the first two levels. Really liking it although I kinda wish it didn't show certain scroll requirements/ achievements thingies because when it comes up that you can't get one if you get found or didn't reach a point fast enough, it's kinda disheartening in a sense. I know you aren't expected to get them on our first go but it still makes me feel like I suck when you game tells me I've missed out. Just a small and inconsequential niggle on an otherwise impressive start.

I would expect that they are perfectly getable on your first go but some of them are hard, yes. I did most of them on my first go and then did whichever I hadn't done on my NG+ go. In that mode, some of them were extra hard so I would advice you to go for them on the first go.

Now I finally completed Dust: An Elysian Tail. Good game, although a bit chaotic at times so it depends on a bit of luck and quick button mashing. Some enemies are frustrating as they one-shot you when you aren't aware of their being there. The stats are also ridiculously high (I ended up with an attack stat of 1800 and assistant attack of over 4000). Apart from these minor things, though, it was an enjoyable game. It took me about 20 hours of gaming to complete 100 %, or just below 16 hours of game progression (meaning that I spent about 4 hours of trying to get back to a point where I died and then beyond that to a save point...).

• 4 weeks later...

I played the demo and really enjoyed it, looking to get the full game at some point (price drop).

But whatever you do you can't approach it like every other kart racer or you'll be disappointed/won't get what it's trying to do.

You brake into corners and then accelerate out of them using boost pads (no power sliding)... if you pump the accelerator whilst going over these boost pads you'll charge your KERS/boost meter.

And there are quite a few examples where you have to think more about your racing line around corners, otherwise you might run off the track/bump into the barrier.

Also drive through Pit Stops around the lap to repair weapon damage.

Once you get used to it (doesn't take too long to adjust) think it works well, it's something different and most importantly I found it really fun.

Also the track I played was designed really well/was brilliant!

(sorry if you already knew a lot of that stuff) :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Did not know any of that. Sounds a lot more promising than I'd expected. If I can drag myself away from Ni No Kuni I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Btw, PSN should totally be before XBL in the title. Because of reasons to do with me being a fanboy.