N-Europe

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Daft

When you say first try, do you mean first try including the 3 bosses before?

Yeah - although now I think about it, we did die on the Painter boss the first time we went through, but that was with no potions :P Didn't know it was the last level, like.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys were to tell someone to buy the three best games on XBLA, what would you be telling them to buy? I've heard that Castle Crashers is good, Geometry Wars 2(is it better than the first?) and I'm considering maybe something else, just to keep my time taken up. Are they all worth the money, and exactly how much ARE they as well?

If you guys were to tell someone to buy the three best games on XBLA, what would you be telling them to buy? I've heard that Castle Crashers is good, Geometry Wars 2(is it better than the first?) and I'm considering maybe something else, just to keep my time taken up. Are they all worth the money, and exactly how much ARE they as well?

My most plated XBLA games are probably Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog (probably an equal amount of time on 1 and 2, actually).

You can see how much they are when you go to buy them. Castle Crashers is really, really great. Don't forget you can download trials for free, so just get a load of trials and buy whatever you like. CC is 1200 and if you have some friends with the game (local, ideally, as I have heard that online is very buggy) it's well worth it.

I see, I heard the online was a bit pants too, I am unfortunate in that most of my gaming buddies are now filtering back off to university and places beyond, leaving me rather lonely compared to the epic summer of multiplayer brawling that we've had. I'm in two minds about Geometry Wars, I've played the DS version a bit but wondering whether the game'd be enough to keep my interest for the cost, or if I could just do without it. I'll check out the demos/trials though and see how I like them. Cheers for the advice!

EDIT:Just got myself all Lived up with some silver membership, checked out geometry wars and CC(quite fun even alone, i can see the multi being good, but as I said I lost all my gamer friends), geometry wars is nice and all, but I dunno whether it's worth it for me considering I can quite easily acquire it on my DS again.

Yeah, believe it was, I bought Castle Crashers in the end, probs not gonna get Geometry Wars though cos I'm just too tight to consider it worth it, especially given previous reasonage. Only gay thing about Castle Crashers is I have nobody to Crash Castles with!

I apologise, I am just jumping in here and I don't have an XBox 360 :heh:

I am in with regards to XNA as I have a module based on it this semester in Uni and I am likely to be doing my final year project using it (I have already made my choices from a list which, due to several restrictions, has me as designing a 2D RPG for XBox 360/PC or designing a game using Guitar Hero/ Rockband peripherals on XBox 360)

I was wondering if any of you have attempted using these peripherals in XNA? I am perhaps taking a little bit of a risk by choosing it as I do not own any of the equipment (though university claim to have it :heh:) and I have never played any of those games.. and I will be a total n00b at XNA!

I just thought it might be interesting to try something like that and hope that whatever I end up doing I may be able to bounce ideas off you lot or perhaps get assistance in areas where I have trouble :heh:

It's gonna be a tough year..

Guest Stefkov

Bit of Bomberman and Track n Field multiplayer with 4 people is brilliant. Never thought I'd play those games ever again.