N-Europe

The Wii Turns 1!

Emasher

But there aren't any 'half decent' games to go with the four 'decent' games. It's just four decent ones (and I'm being generous there) and a vast sea of wankness.

Do you even have a Wii?

There are plenty of good games out there. It's all down to you, as a gamer, to get off your arse and go play them.

Lies, all lies.

QFT!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Wii Sports

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Dragon Blade Wrath of Fire

(4 Right There!)

Super Mario Galaxy

Wario Ware Smooth Moves

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Excite Truck

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Resident Evil 4

and many more...

You just to negative, Stalin.

and many more...

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

Guitar Hero III

Mario Party 8

SSX Blur

Super Paper Mario

RE:UC

The only things the Wii is missing is a shooter to put teh h4rdcor3 to rest, and a Bioware RPG to sooze the more sentient audience.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Wii Sports

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Dragon Blade Wrath of Fire

(4 Right There!)

Super Mario Galaxy

Wario Ware Smooth Moves

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Excite Truck

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Resident Evil 4

and many more...

I've highlighted the good ones, although I feel I'm being little generous with some of them. I mean, Wii SPorts is nothing more than a tech demo, is it? And a demo for some pretty disappointing tech, at that. As for Zelda, well, it's been done to death now, hasn't it? As has Metroid Prime. The only really stellar game there is Mario Galaxy.

But you Nintards are quite welcome to disagree.

Wii Sports is the greatest, most accessible ingenious tech demo I've ever played then.

The other consoles can only wish they had something as influential and realistic as Wii Sports. I firmly believe it is the sole reason Wii is still selling so well. Most articles in the paper or most people you speak to praise the Wii because you can use it as a racket, bat etc... dafty.

I'd rather swing a remote and crack backhands across a "not bad looking" net with timing and motion than press "x" anyday.

And aren't the mii characters better than a generic character in a game? Wouldn't people relate to and not feel intimidated by playing with their own character rather than steffi graff or David Beckham or (insert sports superstar here)?

I firmly believe people will look back at the Wii and remember something that paved a new path and changed gaming forever. Just like the PS1 brought gaming to the "mainstream" Wii is getting into that groove and making gaming even "cooler". But not in a geeky way.

Wait till wii fit hits ...

Well 1 year gone and I think this is the fastest I have aquired games;

Wii Sports

Wii Play

Zelda; TP

Red Steel

Wario Ware

Excitetruck

Sonic

Resident Evil 4

Super Paper Mario

Big Brain Academy

Metroid Prime Corruption

Super Mario Galaxy

Mario Strikers Charged

I've bolded the titles that if you are a fan of the series or the genre are worth owning a Wii for.

I've highlighted the good ones, although I feel I'm being little generous with some of them. I mean, Wii SPorts is nothing more than a tech demo, is it? And a demo for some pretty disappointing tech, at that. As for Zelda, well, it's been done to death now, hasn't it? As has Metroid Prime. The only really stellar game there is Mario Galaxy.

But you Nintards are quite welcome to disagree.

TP introduced many new things to the series.

Pokemon Battle Revolution was an awesome game. Not only did it have proper online battling with random people but being able to use the pointer to make selections felt extremely satisfying.

Dragon blade wrath of fire was an awesome game the music was great. The control scheme was new but much better I thought than that of some other games, and the story was great for a basic hack and slash game.

I haven't played wario ware but everyone seems to talk highly of it.

How can you say metroid was just a sequel

Excite truck was extremely satisfying, fun, fast paced and exciting. It also had an amazing control scheme, the first of its kind.

Rayman was funny and was a great at parties. I though the bunnies have been the best characters in any game so far (except maybe TOS).

I've never played RE4 but I though that was obvious

To be honest, the only great games for the console are Mario, Metroid, Zelda and Resi. And Zelda and Resi are ports, so really it only has two games truly worthy of a purchase, unless of course you're a fan of a certain franchise.

*raises shield for inevitable attack of fanboys telling me excite truck is a great game*

*raises shield for inevitable attack of fanboys telling me excite truck is a great game*

Dunno about ExciteTruck, but if you've got friends and booze, the Wii is your gateway to walhalla: RRR, RRR2, MP8, Wario Ware, Wii Sports, Brain Training do the trick rather nicely everytime ^^