N-Europe

Soup

Stalin

Tesco had an offer on their website, 5 cans of Heinz for £2. I'm not very daring, so I went for 3 cream of Chicken, one cream of Tomato and one Tomato/Chicken/Pepper. The latter smelt like Bolognese sauce, but was way too chunky for my liking. The chicken had too many bits of chicken in too, but was tasty anyway. It's not that I can't handle 'bits', even in yoghurt, it's more like I'm thinking: "the stuff that they save for soups and ready meals must be one step up from the stuff they use in dog food".

Chicken soup can be good but it depends greatly on the quality of the chicken.

My favourite soup ever was one I had in a restaurant last year. It was supposed to be spicy tomato, 'cept it was really, really spicy.

I was at a party recently and the host had prepared some sort of pumpkin soup. It had a strange flavour, not entirely to my taste.

There's this mushroom soup we have sometimes in college, right, and it's disgusting but if you're drunk you can be sick in it and nobody notices.

I do love soup.

FRENCH ONION SOUP FTW! :D

On a very serious note, Thai Chicken and Lemongrass. Does ANYONE know if this soup is still made, in liquid or packet form, ANYWHERE? It used to be my favourite flavour of soup and about 4 or 5 years ago Knorr stopped making it.

If anyone knows where to find this flavour (if it exists), own brand supermarket or whatever, please say so! :D

Jayne's Spicy Chicken Noodle and pepper soup.

My creation (before I wen back to being a vegitarian)

1.5Lts chicken stock or veg Stock

8 chicken thighs

1 Carrot

2 Spring onion

1 onion

1 pack of noodles medium noodles

handfull of pepper corns

Cook the thighs in oven till ready, then leave to cool, into a pot finely chop the onion and soften, cut the carrot into fine batons add to pot, pour in stock and bring to a boil, simmer for 10 mins.

remove the chicken meat from the thighs and add to the pot, simmer for 5 more mins then add all the noodles, turn off the heat and place a lid on.

Crush the peppercorns and chop the spring onion. When noodles are ready stir in the pepper, ladle into bowls garnish with the spring onion.

Mmmm lovely, for vegetarian replace the chicken with broccoli and chicken stock with veg stock.

Go on try it its just what you need for a winters day :)

Jayne's Spicy Chicken Noodle and pepper soup.

My creation (before I wen back to being a vegitarian)

1.5Lts chicken stock or veg Stock

8 chicken thighs

1 Carrot

2 Spring onion

1 onion

1 pack of noodles medium noodles

handfull of pepper corns

Cook the thighs in oven till ready, then leave to cool, into a pot finely chop the onion and soften, cut the carrot into fine batons add to pot, pour in stock and bring to a boil, simmer for 10 mins.

remove the chicken meat from the thighs and add to the pot, simmer for 5 more mins then add all the noodles, turn off the heat and place a lid on.

Crush the peppercorns and chop the spring onion. When noodles are ready stir in the pepper, ladle into bowls garnish with the spring onion.

Mmmm lovely, for vegetarian replace the chicken with broccoli and chicken stock with veg stock.

Go on try it its just what you need for a winters day :)

Trouble with homemade soup, and homemade dishes in general, is that they end up coasting 5 times as much as if you just bought a can.