• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McFarlene joins in on Venom 'spin-off' talk:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/896/896796p1.html

Venom Creator Talks Film

"He should be creepier than what he was in Spider-Man 3."

UK, August 6, 2008 - Todd McFarlane, who along with fellow artist Mike Zeck and writer David Michelinie created Venom for the Amazing Spider-Man comics, has been speaking about the villain possibly getting his own movie.

He told Newsarama: "He should be creepier than he was in Spider-Man 3. You don't want to scare the kids, because the kids love the character, but I think you could add a little bit of a creep factor. I mean, it never bugged me to watch Frankenstein as a kid, so you could have a little bit of it, as long as you have a good story backing it up."

However, it seems the artist is unsure of the merits of spin-off movies: "I'm thinking about how they want to make anti-heroes nowadays," he said, citing Halle Berry's disastrous turn in Catwoman as an example. "Those don't work. The reason they're so cool as a bad guy is because they're bad. And as soon as you try to give too much humanity to them, then you go, 'No! Now they're not as good as a bad guy because you're trying to redeem them'."

On the other hand, he added that audiences wouldn't care about the parasite if he's purely villainous. "Don Corleone and The Sopranos are examples of characters who were able to entice viewer sympathy despite their villainy, but they were human. Can you bring that mentality to Venom and make it work? Or do you make him all bad?"

And, Megatron is back...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/896/896137p1.html

Megatron's New Form

Decepticon leader back for Transformers 2.

US, August 4, 2008 - It shouldn't come as a much of surprise to learn that the evil Megatron will return for the Michael Bay-directed sequel Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, but what is interesting is who brings him back, why and what form he will take in the follow-up to the 2007 blockbuster.

As was previously reported, the titular Fallen refers to one of the original 13 Transformers created by Primus. In established Transformers lore, the Fallen betrayed the god-like Primus by allying himself with the planet-devouring Unicron. The Fallen was eventually trapped between dimensions.

According to CHUD, Megatron might be "brought back by the Autobots, who need him to conquer the new menace. But I've learned that this time he won't be that weird alien jet. This time he's a tank."

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen opens June 26, 2009.

No Indiana without Ford - Lucas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7549092.stm

Shia LaBeouf will not be taking the lead role in a future Indiana Jones movie, film-maker George Lucas says.

Lucas had previously hinted that a possible fifth adventure would centre not on Harrison Ford's character Indiana Jones but on son Mutt Williams.

LaBeouf played Williams in this summer's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

But, in a television interview with AP Television, Lucas stated Harrison Ford "is Indiana Jones".

"If it was Mutt Williams it would be Mutt Williams and the Search for Elvis or something," Star Wars creator Lucas added.

Lucas first mentioned the possibility of Indiana Jones passing the baton onto his son in an interview with Fox News in May.

"I have an idea to make Shia the lead character next time and have Harrison come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie," he said at the time.

But he now appears to have changed his mind.

"The franchise really depends on me coming up with a good idea," he said.

"And that series is very research intensive.

"So we're doing research now to see if we can come up with another object for him to chase... hopefully we'll come up with something."

Thank Christ.

First new Autobot/Decepticon vehicle for Transformers 2...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/897/897289p1.html

Transformers 2's New Wheels

Mystery Corvette reportedly revealed.

US, August 7, 2008 - The mystery silver car reportedly spotted on the set of Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen has been identified as GM's Corvette Centennial Design Concept, according to a new report online.

Latino Review points out this article at Jalopnik, which states that "GM's Corvette Centennial Design Concept coincides, as you'd expect, with GM's 100-year birthday party. The concept's meant to be a means of merging design elements of the past with the next century of GM design. As such, the concept car is expected to hearken back to a number of key design elements from GM power cars but not, as some have speculated, be a first-look at the design of a new C7 Corvette."

No word yet whether the 'Vette will be an Autobot or a Decepticon.

Jalopnik, which has also posted photos of the car, adds that the Corvette Centennial will be officially unveiled in the months prior to the June '09 release of Transformers 2.

http://jalopnik.com/5034285/exclusive-the-transformers-mystery-car-is-the-corvette-centennial-design-concept

Corvette-Centennial-Design.jpg

medium_2741003541_d568b4bdb4_o.jpg

man he bulked up!! and yeah pretty good:

prince-of-persia-boxartboxart_160w.jpg

The films also been delayed by 1 year!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/895/895693p1.html

The film was originally set for a June 19, 2009 opening, but has now been shifted to May 28, 2010 (Memorial Day Weekend).

Disney said the move will allow them ample time to complete the huge amount of post-production special effects needed to create the exotic world.

However, there is also speculation that the studio will want to take the film out of the line of fire of Transformers 2, which opens Stateside on June 26 next year. Now the film will go head-to-head with Shrek Goes Fourth instead.

Director Mike Newell is currently filming the videogame adaptation in Morocco.

Shrek Goes Fourth.... yawn!

I'm with rez.

thing is with Shrek is that it's basically high budget Family Guy humour. All the jokes are essentially stolen from other films and media so when you actually look for any substance, you quickly find it completely lacking in depth.

That said, Antonio Banderas' Zorro turn as Puss in Boots was a stroke of pure genius.

I liked Shrek then I watched it waaaay too many times and watching it now the jokes are old and don't stand well to the test of time! pop culture moves on you know. But I do like Shrek 2 if just for Puss in Boots.

Kung Fu Panda > than Shrek!

Jake is looking more like the prince than I would have pictured him but something is missing, It looks more like good cosplay than a serious role at the moment. :heh: Glad to see they are taking their time with this one! :)

Glancing over the last couple of pages, it's amazing how Hollywood is still so able to hunt down absolutely anything that might have money in it and then run it completely into the ground. Just look at the historical/fantasy genre. Gladiator made money and then *bam* - like a train load of Marines just back on leave crashing into a hoar house.

I liked the first two Shreks too, in fact yeah the second one probably is better than the first, but the third is better left forgotton. Who knows, maybe they have learnt their lesson and will return to form in the fourth. Either way, the kids will lap it up so what do they care?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!