Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

All the Watchmen characters look horrid. There's no way they're going to capture anywhere near the spirit of the book. Alan Moore will once again be pissed off with Hollywood.

Same. I'm a little scared now, I so badly want this to be good.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When has Alan Moore ever been happy with an adaption of one of his comics?

If i remember correctly he dosen´t even want any of his comics to be turned into a movie.

So regardless of how the movie will be like.... he will be pissed

Maybe Rorschach. He seems to be ok. Good choice of actor too. But yeah, Alan Moore will, and rightfully so.

I thought he looked alright at first glance, but on closer inspection it looks pretty bad. Hopefully the film will emplore people to check out the graphic novel and see how good Watchmen really can be. I'm just pissed off Aronosfky didn't get to do it, at least then we'd have a decent film on our hands.

Have you guys heard about the turmoil with Spike Jonze's adaptation of "Where The Wild Things Are"? It's been pushed back until October 2009 (a full year) and it looks like its going to be re-shot by the studio. This is terrible news, Jonze's version looked like it was going to be fantastic and it currently looks like we won't get to see his complete vision.

There is a petition here to save Jonze's vision. Please sign it, you don't have to donate.

I don't think I understand the hate on those Watchmen pics?

Neither do I, my tutor at university is a friend of Dave Gibbons and he told me he was impressed/excited with the look.

And since Alan Moore is the writer, how can having a dislike in the characters' appearances make you think the film will be crap and upset Moore?

I don't understand what you mean exactly, Alan Moore didn't write the screenplay and doesn't want anything to do with the film. The look of the characters in the film, although kind of similar to their look in the book, look very cheap and amateurish. The pictures don't really convey anything of the tone of the book and so i'm assuming that the entire film will be much of the same, and therefore not to Moore's liking.

Guest Jordan

1, Does the Mummy have the same cast?

2, That guy looks nothing like Max Payne... and unless it has that awesome noir feel i'll be really pissed off.

mark_2.jpg

vs

max-payne-2-2.jpg

Guest Jordan

Wah? Why?!

She was actually pretty good in the first film. Shame the second sucked ass ¬_¬

Okay, she looks nothing like her. What the hell.

Yeah I thought the same, I mean it's like making a film adaptation of MGS.

I read about 20th Century Cox wanting a PG-13 certificate, pretty much stripping Max Payne of it's adult themes.

Plus, I like Marky too but, there's nothing wrong with using the model actor from the game eh.

max2.jpg

Also some chick from That 70's Show (and voice of Meg Griffin from Family Guy) is playing Mona Sax

headline7189.jpg

Yeah I thought the same, I mean it's like making a film adaptation of MGS.

I read about 20th Century Cox wanting a PG-13 certificate, pretty much stripping Max Payne of it's adult themes.

Plus, I like Marky too but, there's nothing wrong with using the model actor from the game eh.

max2.jpg

Also some chick from That 70's Show (and voice of Meg Griffin from Family Guy) is playing Mona Sax

headline7189.jpg

1193933017262.jpg

NEEERD RAAAAAAAAAAGE!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!