Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Indiana Jones V' plot details revealed?

An alleged plot description for the next Indiana Jones movie has been revealed.

The untitled adventure film will reportedly be Harrison Ford's last in the series and also see Shia LaBeouf return as the archaeologist's son Mutt Williams.

An insider allegedly told New Zealand website Stuff that George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have been "working on a script and it's almost there" for Indiana Jones V. The story is said to involve the Bermuda Triangle, a location over the North Atlantic Ocean where aircraft have vanished under mysterious circumstances.

The source said: "Harrison is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like being an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet.

"Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie."

2008's Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull grossed more than $780m (£540m) at the worldwide box office, but received mixed reviews from critics and fans of the series.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a224205/indiana-jones-v-plot-details-revealed.html

u guys seen this?

My mate told me something about a MK remake (rebirth!) and I jizzed a little. After watching that I jizzed so hard that my jizz jizzed in ITS pants!

Not surprising to see it come along seeing as warner bros picked up the IP, and glad to see a different focus than we saw with the previous films on liu kang et al. The soundtrack of the original was kick-ass -- they have to at least have the KMFDM song playing during the credits.

pretty much the best news all day... (it's only 8.47am so it could get better ;) )

Walt Disney Pictures announced today that The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time is scheduled for a Christmas Day release in 2011.

Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother, I Love You, Man) has already written the script with his Forgetting Sarah Marshall director, Nicholas Stoller. Segel will also be starring as the lead in the film, with Flight of the Conchords co-creator James Bobin set to direct.

The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time is the only film that is currently set for a Christmas Day release in 2011. Steven Spielberg's The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn will release two days prior.

Source - IGN.com

WTF... that Mortal Kombat is taking itself way too seriously (immediately apparent by the spelling of Jax), not liking its style at all.

Dissapointing, as I had hopes for the 'reboot'.

The original is great, I honestly love that movie!

and killing off Johnny Cage already... fuck off!

What do you get when you mix Jessica Simpson with Uwe Boll and the Metroid video game series? It sure sounds like a disaster to me. JoBlo is reporting that Uwe Boll is going to direct a film based on the Metroid video game series. Yea, I know what you’re thinking, it gets worse though. Set to star as our heroine Samus is none other than Jessica Simpson.

This is worse than the Kim Kardashian as Tomb Raider story we reported earlier. Seriously, what is wrong with Hollywood? Not only have they run completely dry of original ideas, that’s a whole different story, but if this is true….honestly what is there to say?

Video game to film adaptions usually turn out bad even when they have a good cast and director. Imagine a video game to film adaption with Uwe Boll and Jessica Simpson *shudders*. I hope this is not true. I’d hate to see them ruin a great franchise like Metroid with this film.

http://thefilmstage.com/2010/06/08/uwe-boll-jessica-simpson-and-metroid-a-recipe-for-disaster/

If this is true then I guess they might be able to create a worse movie then The Super Mario Bros movie...

Here's the actual rumour:

Actress Jessica Simpson is rumored to have secured the role of Space Bounty Hunter Samus Aran in a Hollywood version of a Nintendo game. In the game, Metroid, the hero controls Samus on her goal to rid the world of energy sucking beasts called Metroids. Think of it as a cross between Aliens and Dracula.

Simpson is excited to restart her movie career and is reportedly taking part in the selection of Samus' love interest. Simpson's publicists has also confirmed that she will be contributing to the plot. "Ms Simpson feels the plot is too complex and would like to move the plot closer to it's core story of love and adventure.

The movie, rumored to be directed by famed director Uwe Boll will feature a wise cracking ethnic Metroid played by the fat kid from good burger.

Is that a joke, or completely true? It's sounds like something The Onion would report.

Has Samus ever had a "love interest"? I've not played any of the games fully before, I assumed she hadn't, and was one of those rare female heroes that wasn't actually defined by the men she swooned over.

Nobody should be shocked. On this same page, we're talking about a Mortal Kombat movie. What have we had so far? Mario Bros, Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Prince of Persia, DOOM, Hitman, Max Payne, Resident Evil, House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill and Dead or Alive. That's off the top of my head.

I'm surprised there hasn't already been a failed Metroid film. It seems to be the thing "to do" these days. A film tie-in with a video game, comic book films, remakes of older films/franchises, ala The A Team or Karate Kid remake.

Well, there was that long rumoured Metroid movie from years ago, being directed by John Woo or something.

Hopefully this will just follow on and be the same. I just don't see how a Metroid movie would ever be good, it's about solitary. None of this love interest crap.

Nobody should be shocked. On this same page, we're talking about a Mortal Kombat movie. What have we had so far? Mario Bros, Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Prince of Persia, DOOM, Hitman, Max Payne, Resident Evil, House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill and Dead or Alive. That's off the top of my head.

Far Cry is one of the worst. I don't know how they got Don S. Davis to do a cameo in it.

Far Cry is one of the worst. I don't know how they got Don S. Davis to do a cameo in it.

Are any of them particularly great films? I like Silent Hill. A few of those are so bad that they become legendary (Mortal Kombat), but the rest are arse.

Still, people will go and see them. It's similar to the Sonic Cycle.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!