Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Can we get a bucket of cold water over here please...

On second thoughts, just get the hose as Moogle's bound to turn up sooner rather than later.

Hose? Need a fucking resevoir if Moogles gonna be here.

Indeed.

ReZ?

Great, there goes my "Going round Ashleys" gag. Picked up my comics. Listened to comic book guy spout bull shit for a bit.

Unfortunately learned the existance of the $250 apple of my eye. This sucks.

jla-trophy-room-green-lantern-rings.jpg

It lights up. It fucking lights up. :(

Dear god my current Psychology lecturer is so bad it's unbelievable. You can hardly hear her in the lecturer theatre even when she is using the microphone. And she flips between completely different subjects disjointing the lecture and making it confusing. Didn't take any notes because I couldn't think what would be useful so I'll go through the lectures online later on.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Have an English tutorial on Achebe which should be good although I'm expecting a small turn out so it means I can be the smart arse. :D Have a practical as well but don't know what it's on. That'll be another of my missions tonight. And I'll be getting Halo Wars tomorrow so can have something to play/do over the weekend.

Currently waiting on my first reviews turning up on the site I work at and while waiting, I'm watching Mr. T on the One Show. Yes, the One Show is awful but it's Mr. T dammit!

I didn't think Paj's remark was pervy, just a joke. Anyway moving on, nothing to see here. :)

I just wanted to slip "ove-the-shoulder boulder holder" into a sentence, let's all be honest.

It ended up being one of my 7 Moments Of Pleasure this year, so I'm over any undue distress it caused.

The question is did I have a moment of pleasure when I learned Katie and Isla Rustrick literally live round the corner from me?

I'd argue no; Any Moment Of Pleasure to be derived from that situation would be achieved if you met them in person, near your house/area.

Wellity wellity wellity wellity.... STOP DOING THAT!

First day back at school today as I was ill Monday to Wednesday, so that was fun!

At least people noticed I hadn't been there this time! :p An improvement!

Today has been good. It involved:

Catching up with work, Singing Britney Spears Hit me baby one more time in a duet badly with some girl and Drawing Disturbed Bears with Gasmasks in attempt to make the school magazine more edgy. :heh:

Oh and I had Garlic Bread with my dinner which is essential! :yay:

Guest Captain Falcon

Oh and I had Garlic Bread with my dinner which is essential! :yay:

Clearly the definition of essential has changed since I was a lad... unless you had it with pizza that is.

Guest Captain Falcon
In my eyes Garlic Bread is essential with any rice based dish but today I had a pasta dish but I was feeling that it was definately needed. :D

Was it in a tomato sauce? If so that's also perfectly acceptable use of the word essential.

Guest Captain Falcon
No not today. :D not sure why we had pasta actually... I normally have it on a Tuesday! (with a Tomato Sauce)

I'm not sure what the sauce was to be honest. I asked but I wasn't told, it was nice though!

I'm of the mind that some things are so good that you just shouldn't question them - maybe you are better off not knowing.

I'm suddenly getting the urge for something pasta related... I'm thinking lasagna...

Now I'm hungry... thanks a bunch Bears :)

erm, what is that?

it reminds me of captain planet.

It's one of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life. Also one of the most over priced. And I'll buy it because I'm desperate and stupid.

Basially, you may have heard of Green Lantern?

green_lantern_rebirth2.jpg

They are basically space police, people who keep the universe in check or rather save it from evil threats. They have "power rings" charged by a big battery, powered by Willpower and the rings can form any constructs that the wearer chooses or can think up.

Well there's this storyline thats been brewing for several years and this year it is effectively all coming to fruition, of 7 other corps, all powered by different emotions.

This is a replica thingy of all eight rings, in a display case thing.

The bottom lights up. I love things that light up. I love GL and this is one of my favourite comic storylines I have ever read, if not my favourite. I love the colours. I love the twists. I love the logos. I love everything about it. I hate expensive things. Hence dilema.

They are also bringing out t-shirts for each corps.

I already have the GL one and the Yellow one. The others aren't out yet.

GLSymbolRed.jpgGLSymbolViolet.jpgOrangeLanternSymbol.jpg

GLSymbolBluer.jpgIndigoLanternSymbol.jpgGLSymbolBlack.jpg

GreenLanternSymbolIV.jpgSHT.SinestroSymGold.jpg

that green lantern thing is laaaaaaame

BRB just got to murder someone.

Plastic? How dare you.

Its mixed media, the rings are metal, the other stuff is *dunno* its hand painted.

As I said its still hugely overpriced though.

Oh and I've seen a better picture/explanation in the "comic orders" booklet, and it does look better. It is gorgeous./

To me. Obviously you folks won't be convinced.

Plastic? How dare you.

Its mixed media, the rings are metal, the other stuff is *dunno* its hand painted.

As I said its still hugely overpriced though.

Oh and I've seen a better picture/explanation in the "comic orders" booklet, and it does look better. It is gorgeous./

To me. Obviously you folks won't be convinced.

Mixed media, lol. Of course I won't be convinced, the other day you bought a pencil case from the cinema. :D

Oh yeah I'm half way through TWD 1, it is good. Drawing's amazing, dialogue is a bit simple so far, but I'm expecting more. Off to read more, aahhh!

How big is it? How can it cost 250 dollars, it's a piece of plastic with some plastic rings in it?

well its branded by dc, so they hike the price up to 11.

plus, rez seems reeeeeealy into it, so why not? i spend a stupid amount on swords that get little use, outside of the odd mellon chop (most satisfying thing ever.)

I don't get it...what are you going to do with it?

*Says the man with a, only one of 1000 made, 16" battle scared replica of Battlestar Galactica.*

Haha, yeah it will basically be on display for the rest of my life, along with my framed Invincible #60 cover (which is out next month lol)

I laughed as it says "Replica only, not to be worn" which is a rule that won't be abided to. I'll be taking photo's Mongul style.

monguladmh4.jpg

(I don't actually know if this happens yet. Certainly hasn't yet. He's proclaiming himself the leader of the Sinestro corps. Sinestro has now escaped and he's not best pleased with that fact)