Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Oh god this is amazing.

My friend passed a call to me earlier. (I saw who it was come up on my phone) so I answered the phone, quietly, abruptly and miserably as "Bob". Then I just asked one word questions and stuff and just sounded generally moody.

Then sent an email saying "Has anyone spoken to Bob. Sounds like a prick" or something along those lines, and she was like "Yeah hes such a twat" anyway, she just came through to me again, so again I Bobbed it up and she literally laughed down the phone at the end because I was being so rude, before she put the client through.

Still havn't told her its me. (Don't do so Molly/Spenno.) Brilliant.

Was at a meeting at college today, and out of 40 people involved, we discovered only 4 hadn't been involved in or heard racial attacks (either verbal or physical). It's fucking crazy. There's hardly anyone from a different ethnic background at the school, and yet the people there that are seem to be having trouble.

One kid, (Year 7) is being tormented beyond belief. I babysit for him and his sister and he's such a lovely kid, literally beyond sweet. Yet, he has to spend his lunch times with a teacher because he's scared of being verbally and physcially abused by other kids. On his first day, he was kicked to the ground, and screamed at...it's fucking horrific. You don't realise just how damn cruel children can be, until you see it for yourself.

The head girl (one of my best mates) and I, arranged a meeting with the head and basically told him what a shit job him and his staff are doing, and that we as 6th formers are going to attempt to solve it. We're making an assembly, doing talks during PSHE for the younger years especially and bringing in people that have experienced racial attacks to hopefully deter them from carrying on doing it. Basically, we want to attempt to educate the kids, before it's too late and they're stuck in their ways. The problem hasn't been noticed before, because of the fact it's only recently the school/college has begun to have an increase of people from different backgrounds attending.

Yeah, but its easy to fall in the education trap. You need the fear as Chandler and Joey say in Friends, else you'll just keep taking course after course, getting in more debt and not getting anywhere.

Personally i didn't do my work experience year at uni. I just wanted my degree. If you dont think it will benefit you then dont bother. It rarely leads anywhere unless you really put in the effort and find a good placement, but even then its touch and go. From my mates that did it at my uni only one was offered a job at the end. A lot of places see you as just an temporary intern, and thats what you are really.

I dont want to sound down on the idea though, its your choice. It just sounded like you wanted to get out of there. Get your degree and be done with it. If the masters is something you want then go for it, otherwise its just more years in education possibly wasted.

Well this is already the second course I'm on, after dropping out of my animation course three years ago. And not in any debt, as school isn't that expensive here, so that's not the problem.

Also, the work experience stuff is weird. Since I'm doing illustration, I can't really get a placement. I'm supposed to contact either a publisher or a professional illustrator and ask them to be my mentor, while I work on a project (probably make a book or something) at home and just go to them a couple of times for feedback. It's weird. And since it's not like a real placement, this work experience stuff lasts several months and will run together with my normal classes.

And the only thing you gain from it is experience. No job or money or anything.

Then there's the teacher training, which is another course that lasts one year, which I would take after my Master degree. It would allow me to become an art teacher someday, even though I don't really want to be one (only reason I'm considering it is because I need to make sure I can get a job someday, and being an illustrator might not provide me with enough money). Now the thing is I can already take two classes for this in my Master year (already took one class this year too), which would make the workload during the teacher training course less hard (they say it'd be a half-time course then).

So I have to decide now: work experience + a normal class -or- the two teacher classes. Or work experience and only one of the two teacher classes (since I need to gather enough credits).

*doesn't knowwww*

So I have to decide now: work experience + a normal class -or- the two teacher classes. Or work experience and only one of the two teacher classes (since I need to gather enough credits).

*doesn't knowwww*

Work experience + one teacher class sounds like the smartest choice. Best of both worlds.

Oh god this is amazing.

My friend passed a call to me earlier. (I saw who it was come up on my phone) so I answered the phone, quietly, abruptly and miserably as "Bob". Then I just asked one word questions and stuff and just sounded generally moody.

Then sent an email saying "Has anyone spoken to Bob. Sounds like a prick" or something along those lines, and she was like "Yeah hes such a twat" anyway, she just came through to me again, so again I Bobbed it up and she literally laughed down the phone at the end because I was being so rude, before she put the client through.

Still havn't told her its me. (Don't do so Molly/Spenno.) Brilliant.

This is brilliant, funniest thing you've ever said/done. She's been telling everyone and had a word with Val about this rude guy in training.

This is brilliant, funniest thing you've ever said/done. She's been telling everyone and had a word with Val about this rude guy in training.

I know. So amazing. The reason I walked off earlier (I was talking to my friend, and Spenno about "Bob") and I walked off because I just couldn't hold in my laughter, so casually went over to Molly, facing away from my friend and said

*Snigger*Pretend you're talking to me.*Snigger*

I am talking to you...

I have decided my body actually hates me, i have a cold of moderate proportions, i literslly felt myself catching it on monday, tried to explain to my friends that i couldn't go to the gym as i have a cold, but they dragged me anyways, 10 miles on the bike later and my head hurts ><. Today, feels worse, have a tickley cough now. Not only that, but for some reason, when i went to bed at 2, i woke up at 5 and then 6 and then 8:45, but fell asleep again and woke up...well now.

reading week next week, hopefully productive =]

I know how you feel. Don't worry, no matter how low there's always further to go.

I've had like 5 colds since November and never usually get them. If I have one my cold I'll...I'lll..:( I've also been waking up early each night because of the incredible pain in my foot. I'm going to see the doctor on Friday because I need to have a cured foot by next Thursday morning.

Phoned my bank and its going to take them up to 12 working days to get my £300 back from RBS after their cash machine stole it. I might not even get it back.

The splinter in my finger has now gone but I slammed my thumb in my drawer today and it really hurts. Still have my cold.

£30-odd has mysteriously disappeared from my bank account. The last transaction shown was last night, with a remaining balance of £34.

Haven't bought anything or gone to a cashpoint. But my cleared balance is only £2 :/

I get that with Barclays. The balance is never accurate and it often leads to me going overdrawn even when I've worked everything out. I've got charged £20 twice for this. You better keep an eye on that £2...

I know. So amazing. The reason I walked off earlier (I was talking to my friend, and Spenno about "Bob") and I walked off because I just couldn't hold in my laughter, so casually went over to Molly, facing away from my friend and said
That was funny actually, you: ''Don't look at me cos your face will set me off''.

My face is laughable to be fair.

I get that with Barclays. The balance is never accurate and it often leads to me going overdrawn even when I've worked everything out. I've got charged £20 twice for this. You better keep an eye on that £2...

Luckily, I have an interest free overdraft :)