Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Saw Alanis Morissette last night. Was awesome divided many ways, so it would be spread over several plates.

Went to dentist, literally for a 2-minute check-up. And that probably cost my dad like £50. :o

Went to my aunt's house with the rest of family. My oldest cousin (11) is actually so annoying and childish. I hate when idiots sulk becuase they were (rightfully) told off.

I have to do more art tonight.

That sounds like private dentistry fee! Shockingly expensive, ne? All the dentists about our way are headed for private treatment in the coming years.

Finally got my new phone. Was on the way to work and saw the postlady so I stole it off her (in the non literal sense). Got to work, put my sim card in and then had to work. Fun phone though. Slowly making it my own. Have "Waaahhleeee" (Wall-E) as my text message tone and The Format as my ringtone :D

Met a friend I haven't seen since Easter for a catch up coffee which was nice. Although he said he may put Norweigan Wood on his required reading list (he's a teacher for year 7-9s) and while a fantastic book it does get quite sexual at times. Oh well. Im sure when I was that age I wouldn't have been shocked, but being 11 seems like millions of years ago.

Dad has just text me something completely absurd and is trying to act as if hes being selfless. People eh?

Tomorrow = househunting...speaking of I need to check train times. Hmm should just about get there in time...

Guest Stefkov

Went to bed at 4 this morning, got up at 10. Went to work for 12, and worked till 10.

Sleep pattern is out of sync with whatever it was in sync with before.

A lot of thoughts came to mind during the 10 hours work which makes me think why I'm posting this.

Met a friend I haven't seen since Easter for a catch up coffee which was nice. Although he said he may put Norweigan Wood on his required reading list (he's a teacher for year 7-9s) and while a fantastic book it does get quite sexual at times. Oh well. Im sure when I was that age I wouldn't have been shocked, but being 11 seems like millions of years ago.

:yay: Great book. Finished reading it yesterday in fact, and yeah agreed, it's really sexual at times. I have Wind up bird up next but it seems pretty daunting at 600 odd pages. Myeah.

In other news my reading tickets came today, which was a relief as my friends all got theirs last week. Went to town in the rain, bumped into people who I then had lunch with. And I checked my bank balance to find I have only £60 in there :shakehead Serious budgeting at Reading will be needed...

I'm off to see a friend. I'm actually not kidding when I say I might...'become a man' tonight.

You're going on your first hunting trip? I hope your probably schooled in how to handle your weapon before you fire off your load. Make sure you don't get lost in the bush either. I assume you'll be using a pump action?

I was at work today, just, miding my own business and stuff, when all of a sudden, the phone rings!

'Hmm,' I thought, 'I'd better answer that!'

So I did.

I greeted the caller in the correct way, and listened. Silence. 'Wtf???' I thought...

Then, I heard a faint noise... which grew louder by the second.

'Dum dum, dumdum dumdumdum..We're no stranger to looovee.. You know the rules and so do I!'

'I hate you!' I yelled down the phone.

'Lol!' Said my brother.

The end.

tl;dr - My brother rickrolled me over the phone at my work.

^My day

I fucking HATE all this Rick Rollin shit. Before all this bollocks, The Astley was a hidden gem. A person you could love and sing to in privacy, fear of mocking from your mates.

Now, every fucker is doing this crap, and the true spirit of the Astley is being lost.

Seriously, if you have any compassion, stop thees naw. I beg of you. From one Rick Astley fan to the world.

i'm back in japan!! ... :sad:

well... that was... eventful.

the flight itself was OK - took half a pill after being served a drink and a meal and fell asleep for nearly the WHOLE flight!! O_O!

i was sat next to a lovely Australian couple in economy class...but not for long.

i only learnt that the guy's name was patrick (of all things)... when i was screaming for the cabin crew and his wife was screaming his name as he blacked out during take-off. thankfully the pilot was able to abort the take-off and we were taxi'd back into position as the ambulance came for him... the steward looking after me (who'd been shoved into the corner during all the chaos) insisted i was so traumatized that i'd have to be upgraded to business class. :yay:

otherwise it was a nice uneventful flight and now i'm back home about to jump into the shower >_>!!

i had an awesome time in the UK! we went to london, oxford (kinda) saw batman at the IMAX and wall-e at... some other cinema.. and jamba took me to see not one but TWO shakespeare plays!! i am also super awesomely proud of him for landing a job at SEGA of all places. go jamba! <3

PS. Does Jordans avatar not-show for everyone? Its been like it for ever. Sort it out yo!

i'm back in japan!! ... :sad:

well... that was... eventful.

the flight itself was OK - took half a pill after being served a drink and a meal and fell asleep for nearly the WHOLE flight!! O_O!

i was sat next to a lovely Australian couple in economy class...but not for long.

i only learnt that the guy's name was patrick (of all things)... when i was screaming for the cabin crew and his wife was screaming his name as he blacked out during take-off. thankfully the pilot was able to abort the take-off and we were taxi'd back into position as the ambulance came for him... the steward looking after me (who'd been shoved into the corner during all the chaos) insisted i was so traumatized that i'd have to be upgraded to business class. :yay:

otherwise it was a nice uneventful flight and now i'm back home about to jump into the shower >_>!!

i had an awesome time in the UK! we went to london, oxford (kinda) saw batman at the IMAX and wall-e at... some other cinema.. and jamba took me to see not one but TWO shakespeare plays!! i am also super awesomely proud of him for landing a job at SEGA of all places. go jamba! <3

Wow that sounds wicked! And eventful/cool.

Soooo, I still havnt heard the details of Jambas job? Explain plz thx.

PS. Welcome back/away?

Guest Jordan
PS. Does Jordans avatar not-show for everyone? Its been like it for ever. Sort it out yo!

I don't have an avatar...

Rwaaawr.... ^_^

I appear to have.. 'dropped my v card' (as my friend calls it) at some point last night >_>

..:D

'Grats Dyson. How drunk were you both? Also, more details required.

Seriously, if you have any compassion, stop thees naw. I beg of you. From the one Rick Astley fan in the world.

There ya go, fixed that up for you.

My day has been interesting. I'm in an unusual situation in that I work for two educational consultancies, one as the head of its English projects, the other as a teacher. The first one has had issues obtaining its education licence due to the owner being legally classed as a foreigner by China - even though he's from Taiwan, which is DEFINITELY NOT a separate country according to China.

Anyway, I got a job with this shitty little consultancy over the other side of the city to pay the bills. The reason being I had to take a pay cut from the other school as no opening means no money, then I saw the state of the finances and offered them a portion of my salary to help them pay the other staff -which they gratefully accepted.

About a month ago I realised that not only had my future plans been put on hold for this company, but also that my present financial status was worsening despite me saving more than 60% of my monthly income -before paying all the bills. I love this other company, very dearly as I have pout so much of my heart and mind into developing the various educational programmes they require. But I could not continue with zero money in my account, so with their permission I started work at this place in Pudong.

These guys have some really weird ideas about education, lemme tell ya.

First things first, children don't have English names because "We don't want to confuse them" so in stead they hear my mangled pronounciation of their chinese names. Having an English name helps put you in the frame of mind for English learning, I told them. But no, they won't have it.

Secondly: Seating. You get a bunch of 4 year olds and a bunch of seats and you are guaranteed two of them at least will argue over a particular seat. The solution is to assign everyone a seat so you can position the naughty children nearest to you and there are no more fights. Again with the "No" as they "Want children to use their imagination to find the seat that best fits their needs". What?

Thirdly, and rather tellingly, the owner of the company did not even bother to introduce herself to me until the end of the second week. I just saw this woman in silk dresses floating around the office every day issuing orders to people and had no idea who she was. Now, I'm not saying I'm so formal as to require an Ambassadorial-style greeting, but at least a "Hello" or "Ni Hao" would have been nice on the first day.

Next was their complete indifference to paying me. It states in my contract that I get paid on the same date every month, and that if they do not pay me on time it is a breach of contract. I had been working for them a full ten days prior to payday and whjen the fifth came, I was rubbing my hands with glee. Not a full pay day but enough to jkeep food in the fridge and the lights on. However, the fifth came and went, then the sixth, seventh, eighth... by the ninth I asked what was going on and was told they didn'tr think it was worth paying me half a months salary then, so they were going to wait until next payday. You didn't think to discuss with me? Oh, ok. So what do I eat until then? And where's the 5000 Yuan you owe me for breach of contract? Oh, you're not going to bother with that, are you?

Finally - and most importantly, the curriculum is utter, utter shit. Seriously, I have no idea who made this crap up, but they need a smack. For the entirety of the first term, the group of six-year-olds learn the words "Happy" "Sad" and "Hello". This is a class that takes one hour every day of the week, so five classes x four weeks = twenty classes with three new words. I can teach three new words to this age group in about 30 minutes, so what the hell do we do the rest of the time? "Oh, you make a class schedule and give to me." Ok, no problem, so I spend a few hours doing that and then it gets sent back straight away "Oh no, I want you to do this instead" GREAT! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Any-dang-way, this seems to be purely academic now as the old place wants me to come back immediately. The problem is, I'll be breaching the contract with this new place, and chances are they won't pay me for the work I've done. But I really donm't give that much of a damn. However, the rent doesn't sort itself out, my cat has to eat and so do I.

'Grats Dyson. How drunk were you both? Also, more details required.

We were both totally sober. She's an old friend and asked me to come over for the night to chat. Turns out that's what we ended up doing, except with other things in between :P

It was kinda awkward. I know why people say the first time is never the best now I guess >_>

re jamba's job:

he's going to be testing at the offices in landun.

he starts in a couple of weeks! ^__^

thats as much as i cn concentrate after such a long journey to be able to tell you!

Guest Jordan
re jamba's job:

he's going to be testing at the offices in landun.

he starts in a couple of weeks! ^__^

If he's lucky he wouldn't get stuck on shovelware... Maybe Sonic Unleashed? That'd be cool.

We were both totally sober. She's an old friend and asked me to come over for the night to chat. Turns out that's what we ended up doing, except with other things in between :P

It was kinda awkward. I know why people say the first time is never the best now I guess >_>

First time is usually pretty poo :(. Fact is, you have to actually get into it and know what you're doing to have a good time.

...he bought a suit for the interview.... good GOD it nearly killed me with hotness. O__o

in other news!! i am currently seeing if facebook wants to play and let me upload all the maaaany photos i took... if so, expect crazyness in the image gallery (or the hot people thread if i managed to get any of jamba in that suit.

seriously.) :blank:

I was at work today, just, miding my own business and stuff, when all of a sudden, the phone rings!

'Hmm,' I thought, 'I'd better answer that!'

So I did.

I greeted the caller in the correct way, and listened. Silence. 'Wtf???' I thought...

Then, I heard a faint noise... which grew louder by the second.

'Dum dum, dumdum dumdumdum..We're no stranger to looovee.. You know the rules and so do I!'

'I hate you!' I yelled down the phone.

'Lol!' Said my brother.

The end.

tl;dr - My brother rickrolled me over the phone at my work.

^My day

That's the best story ever.